Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheExorcist
    replied
    Sorry if im out of topic (non- training ground)

Referring strictly to a whirlwind shield warrior
    As far as I can remember DT is to me how should I say: fragile?
    tried it at trial 150-154:

With haste capped at "4" (some sort of shield warrior rule of law"). Even with all three related to DT attached "Girdle of heroism plus DT BOM and DT skill" - (replacing BR): a whirlwind shield warrior is so weak with whatever DT combination.

It is as simple as that

Maybe DT good for DW?. I absolutely have no idea.

Thank you
    Last edited by TheExorcist; 05-14-2022, 03:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• WarriorSeven
    replied
    It's still confusing, isn't it?

The base stats for a shield are Armor and Block Rating, and for Weapons, it's Min/Max Damage. Then, again, some sets will give certain shields a bonus damage. And then there's Rylocke's Deflector, which has its own "base" bonus damage stat!

That said, your strict interpretation of the difference between a weapon and shield, in this case for DoT, is the deciding factor here. Gratz for figuring it out on your own! There's a lot of that that goes on around here.

Another thing you may find in your travels is that not all the gear descriptions reflect reality (*surprise gasp*). Most of these have been identified (but not conveniently listed in one place -- you have to painstakingly search) after rigorous testing by the several veteran gurus on this site and on Discord.

Leave a comment:

• Phase
    replied
    Although, rereading the description maybe it is intended. It does say "Weapons" cause the target to bleed, I guess I included a thrown shield as a weapon...

Leave a comment:

• Phase
    started a topic Missing DoT

Missing DoT

I've been experimenting in the training ground with my warrior using various setups.

Something I just noticed with Deadly Throw is that the damage over time part only triggers when I'm dual wielding weapons and not when I have a sword/shield combination (tried different shields out of interest but none that I tried produce the DoT). Reading the description I don't believe this is the intended behaviour?
Working...
X