Question about quests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about quests

I just finished the 4th world on my 1st character, and now I am getting lots of low level quests. While playing through I noticed odd things like red crystals, you could click and 'take' - but they seem to serve no purpose. Also torches in one level that could light - for no reason. Now, I am getting very low level quests asking for items like that. My daily quest gives like 200,000 exp, but these "new" quests give like 2,000 exp. It seems like they should have been showing up earlier in the game?

I got one 'going to the moon' quest from Ruby, for 200,000 exp and got the exact same quest, at the exact same time, from Liana for around 2,000 exp. I did the quest once and got credit for both. Seems odd...

Should I have been getting the quests as I played through the levels? I am enjoying doing them, but they seem to be extremely low level. Is this normal? ?

Side quests used to be issued as you played through the story, but after a recent update, side quests are not issued until your hero has completed the story.

Comment

One of those was the side quest (yellow ?) and the other one was a daily quest (blue ?). The daily quests are helpful for collecting gems for events. The side quests are mostly there to guide you through the second "Heroic" level of the Story Maps, which you need to complete to get all of the daily quests. Most players switch over to playing trials after that, though some take great pride in 5-starring every story map at all three levels. I typically try to have at least one hero in my account who has completed all three story levels in case they add something new that requires that.

Comment

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah man! You mean, I just ran through all of those side quests on Heroic level for nothing... Thanks Tin Man!

• Kristoff
        Kristoff commented
        Editing a comment
        Ozymandius I do it because I have to run the levels anyway for the dailies, so why not get extra gems for it?

It doesn't take much. Just run a few extra levels every time, and before you know it, you've finished up to legendary.

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        Kristoff Yes, this is my new account, so I will eventually push my main hero through Legendary story maps. I was sort of just joking that it was for nothing...

Ok. I wondered why they just started, and why I get so many in a row. They are still fun to do, just oddly low level. Also, I am trying to complete the levels 5 times, just for the gems. Thanks guys.
      Last edited by Tito Tim; 06-03-2022, 12:19 AM.

Comment

And for the newbie reading, those 'extra' gems are extremely valuable in a ANB event. They are the only thing your New Beginning hero has access to from your main character and allow you to upgrade your skills faster. So gather your gems while you may, any you don't use for your main Toon will give you a better chance of medaling in the event.

Comment

I never understood why the side quests were removed from the first playthrough. Travis said something about the dev's believing they were "confusing" to new players, but I call BS on that. If anything the side quests are more advantageous to newbies than they are to vets.

Comment

• ricklhall
            ricklhall commented
            Editing a comment
            Totally agree. I found side quests most useful. The XP, gems and gold were also worth something then. By the time I completed my first run through, the bonus was mostly trivial (having done trials and part of an ANB cycle).

• Tito Tim
            Tito Tim commented
            Editing a comment
            Quests would be confusing? What a bizarre thought. What confused me was all the obvious stuff that belonged to quests... but there were no quests, all the stray items, extra NPCs... I thought my game was messed up because there really seemed to be some missing quests.
        Working...
        X