Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To all the newbies and lurkers who have yet to post ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To all the newbies and lurkers who have yet to post ...

We see you.

There's a LOT of you out there! So, don't be shy ... come on by and say hi! Maybe tell us why you like the game or otherwise?
    “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

KUWA QOGI VEJU 4115

VACAFOR - 4F/2W Warrior
    ... MICA - Mage ... BELA - Hybrid BH ... MICATHREE - Mage Farmer ... BELATOO - BH Farmer

I’m here I’m here!
    Working on farming gold and resources in preparation for upcoming event - War supplies (I hope that is the next event eh)

Comment

• Ozymandius
      Ozymandius commented
      Editing a comment
      For a new account, the Glory is the main draw for playing War Supplies. I started a new account and benefitted from the Season rewards, but now I only have 40 Glory, which is not enough to open up a new gear set. I hope that I can earn enough Glory to open up the Fury Warrior set.

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      Ozymandius Did you sign up on Steam with your new account? That's how I got enough glory to unlock Fury gear on mine. They were still giving out incentive packs for Steam with extra glory and cosmetic points.

• Ozymandius
      Ozymandius commented
      Editing a comment
      Kristoff Yes, I used the Steam and Season Glory rewards to open a Fire Lily and BoM for my BH in Silver ANB. I am down to 40 Glory now with little chance to get more unless there is a War Supplies event. I was hoping to be able to open Fury gear set for running a Warrior in the next event, though I suppose I could just push with Epic gear boxes. I only need to hit TL119 to stay in Veteran league.

Hi!
    I’ve been playing Eternium now for 934 days (just checked my log in details) ….
    back in the day, I played Diablo, Icewind Dale, and Baldurs gate … then had a break …
    then I got an iPad , and there was Eternium on the App Store … haven’t looked back since.
    it just helps me to forget the day and to chill out.
    The forum here is invaluable …. A source of great information, advice and help, thank you all …. and a big thumbs up to Travis who has helped me out a number of times

thank you all

KEPE WUMA TOXE 3576….. Warrior (2204), WELE QEBU VUYO 4842….. Mage (2198), WOQI ZOBA WUGA 9469….. BH (2235

Comment

• WarriorSeven
      WarriorSeven commented
      Editing a comment
      This is refreshing to hear this, for a change, Hairball! Glad to hear there are those out there that look to the game as a chance to chill and have FUN! Glad to see you around!

Originally posted by Hairball View Post
    It just helps me to forget the day and to chill out.
    That is why I am here as well; a little break from life in the real world.

Comment

I am too busy bashing monsters to post ha ha
      My usage tracker thinks I have a problem. I do not think 18 hours in a week is excessive... ?

Comment

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        Kristoff Great quote! I think I will post that in my office.

p.s. - we are watching season 2 now, in between ANBs of course. ; )

• Kristoff
        Kristoff commented
        Editing a comment
        Ozymandius So is the quote there above your desk yet? I'm not sure if Emgo is the originator of it, though.

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        Kristoff Yes, internet credits the quote to George Bernard Shaw. I am still mostly working from home these days. We went back to the office two days per week, but travel days count as in-person days and this is a busy travel time for me.

Stop playing because you're a grown up???????? I didn't have all this free time and the need to keep challenging my brain until I retired. LOL

Comment

Still here.

Comment

• WarriorSeven
        WarriorSeven commented
        Editing a comment
        What do you think of the Announcement today?

• RAFERS102
        RAFERS102 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just seen, I am very suspicious of the timing of this announcement, bit too close after the release of Diablo Immortal for my liking.
        Last edited by RAFERS102; 06-07-2022, 07:04 AM.

Trying the warrior, what's the best setup? Also I'm stuck on the dragon 2nd go around, any suggestions

Comment

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        For a player just getting started, run the story maps to get the Battlemaster's epic gear set and weapons, cook your abilities, run daily quests for gems, and open as many crafting recipes as you can. Keep an eye on the set bonuses that come from adding 2, 4 or 6 pieces from the same set. Eventually, you will want to try a Fury set with Bladestorm Armaments, but that will cost you Glory. For now, just work on building up resources and improving crafting mastery. Start reading up on ANBs because they are the best shortcut to building a new hero.

FYI, the second go at the Wounded Dragon takes a bit more finesse than the first run. You have to learn to dodge the fire breathing attacks that follow the yellow arrows and how to move in the confined space while staying out of the red stun ring. You will eventually wear her down, just don't expect a quick fight the second time around. You may want to build some experience running trials. The Broken Dragon appears every fourth trial starting with trial 4. Good luck!

• WarriorSeven
        WarriorSeven commented
        Editing a comment
        Would have been better to post on the Warrior Subforum, but that's okay. Here goes ...

For a new player, I think you may want to first try the 6-Fury Set. I believe you'll have a LOT of fun with this very tanky and powerful build, and you can try out different abilities, belts and bracers to support your developing playing style. Investigate the Warrior Subforum posts and read up on the build more.

Assuming you are a new player, and to help you progress faster, please consider the following (if you haven't done so already):
        -- Complete Story Mode in its entirety the first time;
        -- Run all of the Side Quests after you complete Story Mode (this is almost like having to run through Story Mode all over again, but this time with specific tasks/quests to accomplish besides having to complete the story level);
        -- After completing ALL your Side Quests, you'll be offered Daily Quests in Home Town by the various NPCs, with rewards of 100 gems/day (plus gold and experience);
        -- Max out your Master Crafting Level to Level 50 at Ingrid's station ASAP; this way, when you craft gear for a toon in normal play or in ANB, you'll get the best game odds for the gear level (ex. for a Level 77 item: approx. 1 chance in 64 tries; L76-1/32; L75-1/16; L74-1/8; L73-1/4; L72 1/2; and for a L71-1/64) -- any Master Crafting Level less than the max 50 will make these odds worse. The typical method (efficient use of materials and gold) used by most is to first craft a lot of Uncommon (green) Level 14 gear that fills your inventory, then go to the Salvage Table (just north of Ingrid) to reclaim the whole lot. Then, rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; etc., etc., etc. Each time you do this, your Master Crafting Level increases (there is a progress bar that will be displayed to show your progress at each level). This is the most mind-numbing, boring part of the game you must endure (like the rest of us), but in the end, you only have to do this once (per account) to secure the best odds at crafting higher level gear; and,
        -- Buy every recipe at Liana's station with 50,000 gold every 3 hours. There are a little over 100 recipes you'll want to buy (and "learn"), regardless whether you think you need them or not. The recipes that are presented each time are random across the 3 toon classes, so it's really not worth trying to keep track of what a warrior needs vs a mage or bounty hunter. This is another one-time, boring sequence you must perform to unlock the gear sets for your toon. Besides, you may decide to play another class at a later time and the recipe will already have been learned!

Regarding ANB's
        -- Get your main character to Level 30+ so you will receive an invite to the next ANB (which will be a Bronze #16, probably in about a week or so, the longest in-game playtime of 12 hours);
        -- Study the various ANB guides and posted videos (many good ones on YouTube, as well!) to prepare for the ANB. You will definitely feel less "lost" with a bit of study ahead of time, since there is some pre-planning that's needed to make the event worth your while (you'll enjoy a better sense of accomplishment after the event).
        -- SAVE YOUR GEMS for new ANB heros, whether you keep them or not. Do not spend gems on your main hero (which you can keep or dispose of later). The costs to create a new toon, unlock abilities, open stash slots, and to craft equipment during ANB is 80% to 90% less than normal play.

Spending Real Money
        Consider spending some small amount of cash on this game. The “best deals” in Eternium -- by far -- are the Season Pass (potentially an extra 10,000 gems and 10,000,000 gold rewarded after the event), 100 Daily Gems for 30 Days (on top of your Daily Quests!), and the Extra Stash Space (one-time purchase which will also be available for normal play and ALL future ANB’s). These purchases will help you progress in the game a bit faster and ease some aspects of gameplay while supporting game developers.

The Dragons (There are 2, so I don't know which you're referring to)
        The key to not-dying is to KEEP MOVING to avoid the impending attacks broadcast by either dragon. The trick, of course, is to move out of the way of attacks quickly enough to avoid death. Use the surrounding rocks and other impediments when and where you can to aid in avoiding direct hits. Practice makes perfect.
        -- The Broken Dragon (TBD) has a few different attacks. She will not only shoot a large fire bursts from her mouth but also spit bullets of fire toward you. You "may" be able to survive these, but you must move out of her biggest line-of-fire when the big yellow arrow appear on the ground aiming toward you before she spews her large burst 3 times in a row. Then there is a pause when you have a chance to counterattack. Also move out of any large red circle that appears around her, which will suck the living life from you.
        -- Garm is the other dragon who has a similar attack style as TBD, but instead of shooting fire, he shoots green poison, a DoT (Damage over Time) assault. He has similar ground indicators PRIOR to his attacks as TBD. Plus, he will spawn 2 different colored circles you'll want to stand in while attacking: ORANGE will give YOU 100% more damage and BLUE will give lots of health regeneration, AND where they overlap, you can stand at that intersection to get the buff benefits of both. Since Garm's poison attacks are DoT, you'll find yourself wanting to stand in the BLUE circle whenever you can to heal. Like TBD, also avoid any RED circles around Garm which will remove health from you very quickly.
        Last edited by WarriorSeven; 06-09-2022, 05:18 PM. Reason: Too tired at the time to fix the original post for errors ... now corrected a lot of crap.

Is there a certain place to get the fury or is it just random? I've been looking everywhere for it. Also what skills should I be using?

Comment

• Blackhole
        Blackhole commented
        Editing a comment
        If you have glory go to Ingrid to unlock the recipes. If not you'll just have to wait for them to drop. I think that's the third or fourth run through the story line.

Ok thanks for the info, so I'm using ww, leap, and devastate for main attacks. Not sure what my passives are. Thoughts on what I should be doing...

Comment

• Blackhole
        Blackhole commented
        Editing a comment
        Fleet footed is an absolute. My next favourite is Celerity,, which increases your attack speed. And power infusion is great, think of it as increasing everything else you've chosen. But it's also the last passive to unlock. I like Hard as Nails until it opens. Keep in mind everyone here has their favorites, and hopefully some of them will chime in.
        Last edited by Blackhole; 06-22-2022, 05:14 PM.
    Working...
    X