Hey all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all

Fairly new , maybe 3 weeks in and I'm almost done with legendary mode. I've made most of my first set fury because I liked the bonuses the set gave but it seems everyone is in defenders. What should I know about the sets ? Is there one that's better for different things or should I keep on this set? Yeah I've poked around the threads a lot but there's some technical stuff that I really don't understand and feel maybe some rudimentary advice may help me get to where yall are.

Fury is a great set to start out with, very quick damage boost with 2/6 Storm of Swords and then 4/6 Tornadoes. I believe it become limited at around Trial level 140-150, struggles to increase both damage and survival - based on what I've seen posted, I'm no where that good

See https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...207#post222207
    for my brief rundown on Defender & Juggernaut.
    Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Only difference in what I was going for is that I was going to make the axe set for the whirlwind damage and not using Shockwave. I'm a bit hybrid since I haven't crafted a weapon set and am relying on black guards that dropped for me. Glad to know I was pretty much on the right track though. Thanks so much for the response.

Comment

Either Whirlwind Axe or Sanguinarius works fine with Defender as both heals the hero; the real weapon is the shield.

Main attributes are Block Rating and Ability Rate. Physical damage on four pieces. With 2000 AR and 3 x 10% Manastim, you can perma-WW. The Belt of Whirling Storm synergises well with this build.

Armor on shield increases the damages (attribute and gemstone, not the enchant). A decent Deadly Throw bracer, even blue, can nearly double the damages.

Frenzy; optionally Cleave as secondary (but you don't want to use it too much because you'll get less critical blocks) as main attack:
        Whilrwind; Charge or Battle Rage; Shield Block as abilities;
        Sword and Board and Tough as Nail as passive are mandatory.
        Last edited by Mxtof; 05-04-2024, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• Quazihoto
          Quazihoto commented
          Editing a comment
          Do these work with juggernaut set though?

• Mxtof
          Mxtof commented
          Editing a comment
          No, it's either full Defender or nothing, and transitioning from one to another would be tough because Defender and Juggernaut have very little in common. Defender perform poorly with Elites and at high trial, 6J still stands.

I use that thing with the companion so as to promote the business. Not that it sells the company, mind you, that just doesn't even come close to happening around here, but it'll serve a few soggy bits that stay down like a clown on methadone. Obviously I'm reading the new J.K. Rowling hardcover.

Comment

Just made a full defender and sword/board on anb and yeah...the dps is way better and easier to get up there in trials.

Comment

Working...
          X