Release Notes for 1.2.40 (Google Beta)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adrian (Developer) View Post

Yes, from our testing and numbers the warrior outperforms the mage/bh in terms of DPS with certain builds. (Hint: experimenting with the newly improved abilities and offensive stats might be the key)
    Class Build Avg DPS
    Mage ??? 22,000,000
    Mage ??? 17,000,000
    Mage ??? 19,000,000
    Mage ??? 17,000,000
    Mage ??? 17,000,000
    Mage ??? 24,000,000
    Bounty Hunter ??? 22,000,000
    Bounty Hunter ??? 21,000,000
    Bounty Hunter ??? 24,000,000
    Bounty Hunter ??? 22,000,000
    Bounty Hunter ??? 27,000,000
    Bounty Hunter ??? 29,000,000
    Bounty Hunter ??? 25,000,000
    Warrior ??? 23,000,000
    Warrior ??? 25,000,000
    Warrior ??? 24,000,000
    Warrior ??? 19,000,000
    Warrior ??? 35,000,000
    Warrior ??? 45,000,000
    These builds are using legendary gear optimized for DPS at champion level 1000. No set or unique items were used. (Builds hidden to avoid spoilers). I'm pretty sure you players are going to be creative and come up with even better builds.

The main problem when it comes to trial progress is not that the warrior is behind, but rather the mage being too far ahead. For a simple reason: they can afford to invest all their gear budget in DPS and simply avoid threats by using their superior range and Time Warp / Blink. The warrior has to get close and personal and for that needs to invest a lot in defensive stats.

We'll approach this problem from two separate directions:
    1. Decrease the monster damage in Trials. That's a buff to warriors, and to a lesser extent bounty hunters. Does nothing for mages.
    2. Introduce hard to avoid abilities for monsters. Those abilities won't hit that hard compared with their attack, but mages/bounty hunters will be forced to invest at least a bit in their defenses.
    Thanks. The numbers are interesting, although I would question whether a warrior would survive if he went DPS build like that - did your testing provide any insights there?

The philosophy to tweak seems like a fair balance between us wanting to get further with warrior and use more DPS, but also not overpowering him for PvP. (I'm really curious to see what a mage would so against a 600k+ toughness warrior who can fight back).

It also seems fair to callout that this won't necessarily change why I stop progressing in trials with Warrior, just when. I'm happy to cross that bridge when we get there - lots of opportunity in the meantime.
    VOWO TOSO QEME 4656

Comment

1. Decrease the monster damage in Trials. That's a buff to warriors, and to a lesser extent bounty hunters. Does nothing for mages.
      2. Introduce hard to avoid abilities for monsters. Those abilities won't hit that hard compared with their attack, but mages/bounty hunters will be forced to invest at least a bit in their defenses.
      1: Although it's obvious just pointing out that'll mean doing the same for the Bosses in trials otherwise its pointless.
      2: So not balancing that at all then? Why not have a non-negatable reflect aura whether that's unavoidable dmg and/or a slow that is only activated by Mage/+-BH?

The Warrior DPS builds mean nothing until you rectify the other things.

It's like saying you could spec a Mage as a tank, yes you can but given the DPS needed to clearing the higher trial its a pointless endeavour.

I'm curious as to what level trial you think (all) classes should be topping out at?
      Last edited by Dave; 07-05-2017, 04:20 PM.
      Account deleted

Comment

Whatever happened to the difficulty scaling much faster?????????? I thought trial 100 was going to give what 1000 used to give

Comment

Hi! 2.41 trial bug. You can change items with double tapping during the trial.

King of Android play
          NODA ZUSI NUHA 1647

Comment

Originally posted by Dyoma View Post
            Hi! 2.41 trial bug. You can change items with double tapping during the trial.
            Hey that was supposed to be secret

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
              Oooops, already no
              King of Android play
              NODA ZUSI NUHA 1647

Comment

Heh, not so secret. Liana discovered the issue hours after it was implemented

Comment

"Health gained per level slightly increased."
                  I only noticed a difference of 500 hp changed when I switched to beta, is this all?

Comment

Heh, not so secret. Liana discovered the issue hours after it was implemented
                    Does that mean it's there to stay?

Comment

Does that mean it's there to stay?
                      He called it an issue not a feature, so probably not

Comment

What Bidpai said.

Comment

If I can ask, please, what's new in beta version 1.2.42? It jumped a while ago and (as many times) the notes hasn't been changed.

Edit: Big apologize for bothering. Just found it!
                          Last edited by SoulGaming2; 07-07-2017, 11:10 AM.
                          I will hunt you Ragadam, across the worlds!
                          Join the wiki here: http://mage-minions.wikia.com/wiki/Page_Index

Comment

Originally posted by SoulGaming2 View Post
                            If I can ask, please, what's new in beta version 1.2.42? It jumped a while ago and (as many times) the notes hasn't been changed.

Edit: Big apologize for bothering. Just found it!
                            Where you get the information about update so fast?

If anyone will know what change exactly please let us know.
                            Last edited by ; 07-07-2017, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohin View Post

Where you get the information about update so fast?

If anyone will know what change exactly please let us know.
                              It's in game's mailbox. If anyone don't have access to that, I'm gonna add it to our list here. http://mage-minions.wikia.com/wiki/Update_notes
                              I will hunt you Ragadam, across the worlds!
                              Join the wiki here: http://mage-minions.wikia.com/wiki/Page_Index

Comment

Originally posted by SoulGaming2 View Post

It's in game's mailbox. If anyone don't have access to that, I'm gonna add it to our list here. http://mage-minions.wikia.com/wiki/Update_notes
                                I know I should butI didn't get any mail so thanks for copying.

I see that Warrior is now ready for trial 500+
                                Last edited by ; 07-07-2017, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X