Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Release Notes for Android Open Beta 1.2.47

Hi all,

We've release build 1.2.47 in open beta on Google Play. To opt-in follow this link: https://play.google.com/apps/testing...mageandminions
    Any progress made during the beta will be kept after the beta ends.
    Your profile will not be locked to the beta version, so you can go back to the current live version anytime you want.

Release notes:
    • Heatseeker missiles now inflict the correct amount of damage.
    • Blizzard ability has received a consistent damage buff and visual upgrade.
    • Combat text information has been condensed to make it more legible.
    • Monsters disengage from combat if they cannot attack the hero or aren't damaged for a while (15 seconds from entering combat)
    • Removed stalls happening when approaching a group of monsters.
    • Damage reflect aura on monsters now apply a damage over time effect instead of directly inflicting damage.
    • Minimap is now visible while in combat.
    • Updated the ad-delivery SDK.

Have fun!

Thanks for the update. Good stuff.

I am strongly disliking the monster disengage, e. g. doing TBD bridge by bridge. The time needs to be increased by a small bit. I can accept you don't like a whole map do be pulled, but forcing a group by group approach adds a frustrating factor for me.

ROYE SEYA GORA 5745 - XP warrior: Nuvo - CL 1200 Oct. 2017

Comment

You can still pull multiple groups but it will require some effort/skill. Just ping them every 7-8 seconds with an AOE attack.
      We feel that pulling the whole map then obliterating it with AOE is too strong. It also puts too much pressure on our engine, we can simulate that many active creatures and offer a smooth experience.

Comment

Hi Adrian,

thanks for the update :-)

I am not sure: Did you remove the "life regeneration" and "life on hit" effects/ benefits for the minions or did you only hide the numbers (by simultaneously keeping those effects) ?
        Furthermore, I sometimes experience that the minions suddenly run 'off screen' pretty fast; only to run 'on screen' after very short time. Strange action lol. That happens only on the new beta version. I don't know if it is only casual but I think that it often happens when the minions don't have full life and also aren't in combat mode anymore. They run 'off screen' with half life and reappear with full life.
        Last edited by Dominik Keßler; 08-04-2017, 11:59 AM.
        NUCE SONI HUCU 7612

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian (Developer) View Post
          Updated the ad-delivery SDK.
          Any details on this one? Pretty important for those who support the project by watching ads instead of payments...

Update: I do not receive ad-boxes anymore.
          Last edited by vo1d; 08-04-2017, 01:19 PM.

Comment

After first glance, I like the icon on top of monsters to tell they are engaged and map staying on! Nice. Reflecting aura also makes a difference with warriors. Life goes down slower, which helps frustration of being one shot killed.
            thing is with the disengage is that sometimes you get a slow zombie walking and it takes more than 15 seconds to reach you. I find it weird that after that time it goes back to initial spot (I feel like in GTA when you hide in a bush and cops just stop looking for you). They should at least stay where the are. It really will slow down time to level up in story mode as you have to pay so much attention to kill each group. Also, in trial mode, I usually do lvl 500 with around 4 min left. Now it's down to 2.5-3 min just because I can't take as much at the same time so I won't lose them to the 15 seconds. This feature should not apply to trials in my opinion or make it softer like monsters still attracted if seen on screen.
            Overall, this update has nice features. Thanks!
            NURA BOYE BIKA 7701

Comment

You can still pull multiple groups but it will require some effort/skill. Just ping them every 7-8 seconds with an AOE attack.
              We feel that pulling the whole map then obliterating it with AOE is too strong. It also puts too much pressure on our engine, we can simulate that many active creatures and offer a smooth experience.
              I also don't love the not pulling, but am a lot more concerbed about the impact on trials. Will be good to think about what can be done to compensate the impact against the timer without big pulls.
              VOWO TOSO QEME 4656

Comment

Originally posted by abc127 View Post
                Will be good to think about what can be done to compensate the impact against the timer without big pulls.
                Smaller pulls?

Comment

I also like the aggro 'anime' effect on the bad guys. The minimap sticking around is proving handy, though I liked the other way, too.

I'm curious about this:
                  • Heatseeker missiles now inflict the correct amount of damage.
                  What was it doing before?
                  My friend code is DONO MUGE JIZI 9874 -- sounds naughty to me!

Comment

Originally posted by abc127 View Post
                    Will be good to think about what can be done to compensate the impact against the timer without big pulls.
                    This is where I will find a new way, I dont see any major changes really, I will run into the middle, shoot everything around me and use singularity to keep the far mobs coming. If anything it might be good as I will stop trying to pull the full map which is not easy.
                    For story mode this is good, now we can run to the boss, kill that and all the mobs along the way will disengage meaning we no longer need to wait for the 1 random thing with agro at the back.
                    Overall it appears to be a good update,

Adrian, any word on multiplayer. updated ETA, can I start trying to convince people to play this game again and tell them it will soon be multiplayer. Most my friends will not play a non multiplayer game.

Led

The needer of Nerfs,
                    The greatest sheepshagger of all

Killed 1970 frogs...and plans to kill 1 more
                    HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

Weird... One of my favorite things about this game is that it's NOT multiplayer. Guess I'm just an introvert. Multiplayer may be fun, I'll try it, but I hope it stays optional. I don't need yet another MMO* (they are clocksuckers).

*Well, except City of Heroes. If it ever comes back, I'll play it.
                      My friend code is DONO MUGE JIZI 9874 -- sounds naughty to me!

Comment

Originally posted by ZorkRefugee View Post
                        Well, except City of Heroes. If it ever comes back, I'll play it.
                        Oh, me too! CoH has a big spot in my heart and I still miss it.
                        Last edited by icaros; 08-04-2017, 04:35 PM.

ROYE SEYA GORA 5745 - XP warrior: Nuvo - CL 1200 Oct. 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Led View Post
                          Adrian, any word on multiplayer. updated ETA, can I start trying to convince people to play this game again and tell them it will soon be multiplayer. Most my friends will not play a non multiplayer game.[/COLOR]
                          Preparing update about upcoming and in-development. Please stand-by.

Comment

Originally posted by vo1d View Post
                            Any details on this one? Pretty important for those who support the project by watching ads instead of payments...

Update: I do not receive ad-boxes anymore.
                            We basically updated the SDK for delivering ads to a newer version that should enable us to server ads from more networks and hopefully be more stable when serving ads.

Not receiving ad-boxes anymore sounds like a bug. We'll investigate that. Please let us know if anything changes on your side (you start receiving ads and the ads frequency).

Comment

Preparing update about upcoming and in-development. Please stand-by.
                              I'm so excited, I was getting tempted to go on a hunger strike in protest about the delays but all that would have achieved is a dead nerd and no one in reality would have understood why or what he was protesting....
                              Led

The needer of Nerfs,
                              The greatest sheepshagger of all

Killed 1970 frogs...and plans to kill 1 more
                              HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

Working...
                              X