Watching ads.... better option?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Surfer View Post
    I am fine with the way it is right now. I just wish i get more adboxes than i do now.
    About ads...
    On normal days I do NOT get to watch/ read / hear ANY!

TV? What TV? I stream S0x EPxx marathons!
    Songs? Spotify premium play lists no ads...
    newspapers? buzz Feed headlines only with "read more?" threads only.. no ads
    Youtube? adskipper plugins...
    Bus stop/billboards? I Ish On Ma Phone! (serial lamp post smasher... WHO PUT THAT THEr... oh... right... "tHiS" pole again...)
    pamphlets/letters/mail? Ibanking pamphlets = doggie poop pickup paper fuel
    Phone cold calls? private number call blocking...

At this stage... When a friend tells me of a funny ad I specially have to seek it out just to view it...

So yeah getting rewarded (no matter how little) to watch ads is like pretty entertaining to me...
    it's not a nuisance! it's an additional feature!

This game keeps me up to date with newish ads!
    (Some are just cringe bad... I know... those I DO mind a little.. not about RNG-ing it ... just sad at the quality of the ad... hope they can do marketing better...)

Just the other day I saw a funny one in game ad box and specially didn't close it...
    Went to school to show friends (who are like me)...
    I literally had a blast replaying the SAME ad for them to see... then closed and got mi 5 gems!

Sweet deal!

Last edited by Nightlyric; 09-21-2017, 01:55 PM.
    Self-cleaning Bunny...
    If my post don't make me smile on re-read...
    *poof!*~~ It's gone... (In my mouth it goes!)
    ~om~nom~nom~nom...
    Making the world a funny place~ one bunny-pellet at a time~

Comment

Surely y'all folks experienced forced and random advertisements on other games? At least with Eternium, you are not forced to watch the ads even if you didn't purchase anything yet. Just ignore the box! For you to be "rewarded", effort must be exerted. And with ads ranging 15-30 secs long only, +5 gems is already a sweet deal!
      HATO ZAKA LOCO 4594

Comment

I really dont know how you can think adds in a game is ever a good thing. i undertand dev need money. im happy to give money. but adds in a game is pure wrong. Every other game i played with adds you can make 1 payment that removes all adds and you still got the benifits of watching the add. this game you can turn them off but you still need 1000s of gems so basacally even with gem subs your forced to watch adds. Let people who dont spend money have the adds. let there be a premium option to buy out the adds and still get the 5 gems a box.
        Led

The needer of Nerfs,
        The greatest sheepshagger of all

Killed 1970 frogs...and plans to kill 1 more
        HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

Originally posted by Led View Post
          I really dont know how you can think adds in a game is ever a good thing. i undertand dev need money. im happy to give money. but adds in a game is pure wrong. Every other game i played with adds you can make 1 payment that removes all adds and you still got the benifits of watching the add. this game you can turn them off but you still need 1000s of gems so basacally even with gem subs your forced to watch adds. Let people who dont spend money have the adds. let there be a premium option to buy out the adds and still get the 5 gems a box.
          With Ads, the game gains more revenue over time than a one time premium purchase which its players may or may not avail. I doubt that any one time purchase at an attractively low enough price can offset revenues generated from ads. At least them ads are not popping up randomly on loading screens like them other games. I've played games that are like that and offering one time purchase to remove ads but at a price that leaves too much to be desired. Thank goodness Eternium isn't like that, and hopefully will never be like that.
          HATO ZAKA LOCO 4594

Comment

I really dont know how you can think adds in a game is ever a good thing. i undertand dev need money. im happy to give money. but adds in a game is pure wrong.
            There are only a few ways developers can make money, and there are some people who hate all of them:
            - P2P: Subscriptions and fees. People complain because the game isn't free. It's also harder to get a playerbase.
            - P2W: No need to explain.
            - P4C (pay for cosmetics): IMO the best way to fund a game, but not in this one yet. Why? It lets people who want to spend do so without impacting gameplay. People still complain because they want the cosmetics without paying for them, but this is pretty easy to counterargue. Hopefully they will do this in the future.
            - Ads: People complain as they are in this thread.

If I were FORCED to watch ads in this game, I'd probably never have installed it. But it's optional. You can choose which you prefer. I actually sometimes have them on and sometimes off, depending on my mood. It's the best of both worlds.

Every other game i played with adds you can make 1 payment that removes all adds and you still got the benifits of watching the ad.
            Then people will complain that it's unfair to those who can't afford that payment. Also, MF will lose a lot of revenue because even though ads don't pay a lot, the pennies add up over time to much more than what they could make that single payment without people freaking out.

this game you can turn them off but you still need 1000s of gems so basacally even with gem subs your forced to watch adds. Let people who dont spend money have the adds. let there be a premium option to buy out the adds and still get the 5 gems a box.
            Again, the game then gets a rep as P2P/P2W and they make less money.

Also, it creates another problem: the game would be flooded with gems, to the point where anything costing them would become devalued. The game simply drops these boxes too often, and the need to wait 30 seconds (and possibly longer if you get distracted, as I just did from the game to write this post) slows down the pace of gem acquisition, maintaining their value. The only way to fix this would be to lower the box drop rate for everyone (which would mean less money from ads AND less incentive to buy them out) or lower them just for people who pay (leading to complaints from just about everybody).

Comment

Originally posted by Mhongix View Post
              Surely y'all folks experienced forced and random advertisements on other games? At least with Eternium, you are not forced to watch the ads even if you didn't purchase anything yet. Just ignore the box! For you to be "rewarded", effort must be exerted. And with ads ranging 15-30 secs long only, +5 gems is already a sweet deal!
              Don't advise ignoring the boxes, since they also can drop single gems, gear, & gold. Surely just turning off ads in the settings is the best way if you don't want to watch them?

Comment

Though I appreciate the backing, Evan, it's unnecessary. You're amongst "friends" -- act like it, please.

Comment

Originally posted by ༺྿Travis྿༻ (Support Mgr.) View Post
                  Though I appreciate the backing, Evan, it's unnecessary. You're amongst "friends" -- act like it, please.
                  Friends, until I spot you running around with a PvP flag set, then who needs friends!

Comment

Is it wrong that I ask for an option to buy the game?

Time is money..

How the hell is it p2w when I bought the game..

It is p2p, all games r..
                    ONLY ANDROID PLAY
                    WEHU FUDA WINE 4398

Comment

Tbh the 30 days of 100 Gems is pretty good value.
                      Combine it with 100 Gems a day from the dailies and you're getting 6000 Gems a month before you take in to consideration random Gem drops which would bump it up a bit as well.

Gameplay wise that seems like a good amount to be designed in to allow for decent progression.

Essentially negates the need for (having to) watching Ads

If people want to burn through the game faster they've got other buying models.

There are things I don't like about this game, the Gem/pay model isn't one of them.

Comment

I know everyone has differences here and looks like no agreement will ever be reached. Removing adds for people who are happy to PAY for that pleasure I don't think will make the game pay to win. You will still get the same 5 gems from a box, you will still probably buy a gem sub as you need (if you want to be a good account) 200,000+ gems. (Myself I have played 18+ months, made approx. 120,000 gems and still need to watch adds)
                        Games on other platforms work well and make money based on the 'buy the game' method (example playstation) with additional sales available in game. I do agree no money spent should give an advantage over others, just save time and make you more efficient.
                        There should always be a free to play option for people who don't want to pay.
                        But I would make a 1 off payment of about $50 to remove adds. I don't think the devs would ever make that much from me from adds.
                        Led

The needer of Nerfs,

HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

"P2W" is a controversial topic. Some see it everywhere. Some believe it doesn't exist.

This game right now is basically single player. Do you "win" if you get to CL 1000 while I am CL 100? Maybe. Maybe not.

But once it does become multiplayer, things change.

Unless one doesn't believe in the idea that P2W can exist, I'm not sure how your request wouldn't qualify. If a typical player encounters 60 gem boxes a day, then over the course of a year you are paying $50 to remove 180 HOURS of watching ads. That is an enormous advantage for a relatively small amount of money (less than 20 cents a day).

Comment

But I would make a 1 off payment of about $50 to remove adds. I don't think the devs would ever make that much from me from adds.
                            I wouldn't be so sure about it.
                            The revenue from ad networks depends on eCMP and for inmoby used by MM it's something about $4 at average (per 1000 views). Well, actually it could be way worse, but let's say $4 is the case. How many gems have you spent last 18 months? I had been playing since June (~4months), and I've watched ~7k ads according to the game data. 7*$4=$28
                            This doesn't mean I didn't pay
                            ​​​​​​ Assuming that you are way better than I am (at gaming and... sheep *thing*), you had been bringing them at least 7+5=$12 per month (ads+gems offer), which is $12*18=$216 per 18 months. it's the lowest margin, I think in reality they have made way more from you.
                            Now just imagine this game wasn't f2p, and you had to pay something like $50 in the very beginning for the "pleasure" to farm cow for 18 months and survive major nerfs every 6 months... how big would be the chance for us to have this conversation now?

Ah, I've almost forgotten about phycological aspect of the fact that it's in human nature to become more addicted to something as we spend more time on it (very basic evolutionary mechanism making our families and jobs possible)...
                            ​​​​

Comment

Remember that when you are watching ads you are paying not just money, but time. Those 7,000 ads took about 50 hours for you to watch. (Think about that!) Everyone getting free gems from boxes without watching ads would greatly increase the number of gems in the economy. Furthermore, there would be cannibalization: with so many gems coming from boxes, some people would decide not to buy gems directly. The net result of that deal could be a loss for MF.

Every mobile game in the past that I know of that has offered a "buy once and get a benefit forever" option has eventually removed it. Not only because it costs them money in the long run, but it can also actually reduce engagement and paradoxically lead to a lower playerbase.

Comment

I have probably watched 30-50 adds total in the past 3-4 months. Reason, they dont even offer adds on PC, after 2-3 adds I loose interest and change what im doing, it disrupts the game. I would rather adds outside of levels if we have to watch an add, Example 1 on the loading screen before each level (that was optional to turn off)...imagine adds in co-op.
                                Adds also greatly slow your play down, as a result of watching less adds I have progressed my account much further then I would have if I watched them.
                                When you can run a full TBD in 40-50 seconds 1 add for 30 sec is just 2 much wasted time.
                                Last edited by Led; 09-22-2017, 02:42 AM.
                                Led

The needer of Nerfs,

HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

Working...
                                X