Game balancing provisional notes for game update 1.2.55 beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red (Developer) View Post
    Ranged attacks, magic attacks and area attacks can no longer be parried.
    Red (Developer) - Can you please allow Range Attacks to be parried? You already nerfed ITZ to last for just 5 secs, and for it's parry bonus to only work on melee attacks is too much. You have mentioned before that Dual Wielder warrior's main defense stat is "parry", but nerfing the parry this way will not help achieve that goal.
    HATO ZAKA LOCO 4594

Comment

Originally posted by Arionthe View Post
      Did I missed the part of defender set change with this update? I was hoping to see some love thrown at that set
      Same thought. But I am against the changes initially proposed by Red. The defender's set 2 piece bonus (which is the only bonus that matters btw), can be moved as a 4 piece bonus, but placing it to the full set will render 2 set Jugg bonus obsolete for current builds, or at least for those who want to try out a shield build while enjoying the power bonus of Jugg 2 piece at the same time.
      HATO ZAKA LOCO 4594

Comment

Originally posted by Arionthe View Post
        Did I missed the part of defender set change with this update? I was hoping to see some love thrown at that set
        Yo didn't miss anything but Red not answer for this when I was asking so maybe they didn't change it yet. We must wait to see what changes, he also nothing wrote about leaderbords but they will be included so...this is maybe not full list of changes.

Comment

Could you give us a larger stash. currently it's too small even for only 1 char. Making the decision whether or not to delete a valuable gear is painful, why must this be a part of the game?

(I want a plugy)
          Last edited by 123Klutz; 09-26-2017, 04:48 AM.
          For Gold And Glory

Comment

Originally posted by Mhongix View Post
            Wow! These updates are blowing my mind. One thing is for sure, we all have to "rethink" and "re-imagine" our current builds. I love the updates for that. No more "perfect", "best", and "recommended" builds, it will now depend on one's play style, skill, creativity, and imagination.

I can't speak for the other classes as I've only spent time on my Warrior so far. However, as what others have observed, Warrior has been nerfed down and redesigned while Mage and BH received nothing but buffs. Mage and BH are going down a singular path — an emphasis on DPS. As for the Warrior, I foresee that Whirlwind would be a must skill loadout for Dual Wielding warriors no matter the task (story or trials). There's a lot of potentials and possibilities for a Shield Warrior now. Though DT has been nerfed, it's spammability would make up for it. I am thinking of a Deadly Throw, Shield Block, and Battle Rage skill combo for a shield warrior. DT + Shield Block DT proc + Shield Slam auto proc + BR + Rending Slash will guarantee a steady steam of DPS, perhaps even more than a dual wielder can afford. When Multi Strike stats comes out, it will definitely greatly benefit a proc-ky shielder.
            I seriously hope WW isn't a must have or I'm just walking away from Eternium.

I'm very excited about all the coming changes doodz, I really am. However if it's something silly with Warriors being WW DPS or just a Sword and Board then bleh!

Lulz. Wait and see once it changes. : - )
            Last edited by 1337_Derp; 09-26-2017, 05:33 AM.
            There are two secrets to success:

1. Never reveal everything you know.

Comment

Originally posted by 1337_Derp View Post

I'm very excited about all the coming changes doodz, I really am. However if it's something silly with Warriors being WW DPS or just a Sword and Board then bleh!

Lulz. Wait and see once it changes. : - )
              It's just my personal preference to use WW now that it's getting a considerable boost. Not to say that it's something that everyone should really use. You can use whatever build you are comfortable and having fun with.
              HATO ZAKA LOCO 4594

Comment

"
                • Trials no longer drop loot from monsters. Instead, the boss at the end of the Trial drops 3 items (quality varies depending on Trial level), a quantity of gemstones of random colors and gold.
                • Experience gained from monsters in Trials now increases by 5% per Trial level above 7. Thus, a monster in a Trial level 100 will yield over 131 times more experience than a normal mode monster at level 70"

AWESOME!!!

Comment

Red (Developer) - Can you please allow Range Attacks to be parried? You already nerfed ITZ to last for just 5 secs, and for it's parry bonus to only work on melee attacks is too much. You have mentioned before that Dual Wielder warrior's main defense stat is "parry", but nerfing the parry this way will not help achieve that goal.
                  Warrior is the only class in the game that has no choice but to tank melee monster attacks. Ranged attacks are the same for everyone, and warriors already have significantly more armor and vitality compared to the two ranged classes. Furthermore, higher defensive ability comes at the price of some offense generally, but if ITZ would also deflect ranged attacks, there would be no tradeoff between playing a shield warrior based on block and a dual wield warrior based on parry, except the fact that the dual wield warrior would have 30% more attacks per second.

Originally posted by 1337_Derp View Post
                  I'm guessing you guys missed the part where you can stack between 4 times (multiple targets) and 6 times (single target) more bleed value on targets for Shockwave.

Comment

I'm guessing you guys missed the part where you can stack between 4 times (multiple targets) and 6 times (single target) more bleed value on targets for Shockwave.

Will the DOT on DT stack with the DOT on Rending Slash?
                    HATO ZAKA LOCO 4594

Comment

Will the DOT on DT stack with the DOT on Rending Slash?
                      Yes, each of them is separate. Besides, Rending Slash DOT stacks itself up to EIGHT times. Previous cleave dot was 1 stack for 500% weapon damage, Rending Slash dot is 8 stacks for 400% weapon damage each. Do the math.

Comment

Stupid question, but does a Mage using a Tome count as a Dual Wield since it's not a shield?

RE: Elban

Can we now manually move around his charge attack or are we still stuck in his line of sight as it was prior to this update?

Further, was his bug causing instant death to the player addressed whereby he attacks and kills the player immediately coming out of Maggie's debuff?
                        Last edited by c0mad0r; 09-26-2017, 09:01 AM.
                        HAME POPU QAHA 0909

Comment

Red (Developer) What you said on chat that Minion's aura will no longer work if it's dead, will that be implemented with this patch? Also, with ratings conversion, are we still to expect the "hidden decimals"? For example, if the once 14.4% AS will be converted to 90 HR, there's a xxxx decimal figures after the 90 that's only noticeable during jewelry fusion.
                          Last edited by Mhongix; 09-26-2017, 09:35 AM.
                          HATO ZAKA LOCO 4594

Comment

[USER="75878"]Also, with ratings conversion, are we still to expect the "hidden decimals"? For example, if the once 14.4% AS will be converted to 90 HR, there's a xxxx decimal figures after the 90 that's only noticeable during jewelry fusion.
                            I am quite curious about this myself.

Comment

Hello Red (Developer) ,

For a more planned (strategic & scientific) gameplay, I fervently hope the "3 > 7 > 17 drill-down dashboard displays" on the Gear page have a clean & clear stat mapping, as illustrated below. Any change in the micro-level attributes on the [...] display must correspondingly change the numbers on the [+] and the main displays, however minuscule that may be, please.

Dashboard-Attributes-Map.jpg

Thanks in advance...
                              Last edited by PGB; 09-26-2017, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohin View Post

Yo didn't miss anything but Red not answer for this when I was asking so maybe they didn't change it yet. We must wait to see what changes, he also nothing wrote about leaderbords but they will be included so...this is maybe not full list of changes.
                                My bad - Red actually answered this via PM to me, but I forgot to reflect here for everyone's benefit:

I asked "I take it the Warrior Defender Set 2-pc and 6-pc bonuses are not getting swapped then? Hooray!"
                                and he answered: "Not yet. Gonna redesign whole set to make all the perks good. Not this patch though."

Comment

Working...
                                X