HotKeys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HotKeys

For the windows app, are there hotkeys for Blade Fury, potions and the apples? If not, will there be?

I have yet to find them, so my guess is: nope.

Comment

You can use AutoHotKey to make them (https://autohotkey.com/download ).

I've been using that to get emulator (Nox) gameplay to a similar interface as the PC version (which I can't install on my laptop), with the added benefit of Flurry and Potion hotkeys.

Nox lets you assign keys to gestures, but the gesture/skill will end up cast at a fixed location on the screen (rather than at mouse pointer location, as in the PC). AutoHotKey gives you much more comprehensive control. The tough thing is properly handling the control flow between the hotkeys (which basically trigger AHK to send Nox mouse move and click events) and your own control.

Also, could be lack of practice, but I can't say I've been finding this "PC-like" gameplay that superior to mobile; things like running away for example, are not as quick as on a touchscreen (since you now have to move the mouse pointer, see where it went to, click there, vs. just tapping the screen). I see benefit over a phone, definitely, due to the screen size, but not so much over a good tablet.

EDIT: also, if you use an emulator and would like to help out with this endeavor, please PM me.
      Last edited by Jose Sarmento; 12-07-2017, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Devs don't allow remapping...

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
          Devs don't allow remapping...
          ?? WTF? Source? I have quite the contrary impression. Automation = No. Hotkeys = Cool.

Comment

I don't recall the guys speaking out against hotkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian (Developer) View Post
              Aaaah, the guilty pleasure of automating a game...
              Scripting, please don't...
              Hotkeys are the same as a script, with the only difference being their length. Are you saying I can set the 1 key to open a level, the 2 key to run right, the 3 key to attack, and the 4 key to abandon? To clarify, scripting rarely means actually typing up a script.

Comment

Hotkeys are the same as a script, with the only difference being their length. Are you saying I can set the 1 key to open a level, the 2 key to run right, the 3 key to attack, and the 4 key to abandon? To clarify, scripting rarely means actually typing up a script.
                You say they "are the same", yet you refer the distinction yourself -> it would still fall on *you* to press 1-2-3-4 (or a 5th key that pressed those 4). Once you make a loop do it for you, it becomes what Adrian is against.

(also, come now. We are *not* talking about assigning keys to run CoW or SM or whatever. We are talking - very specifically - about assigning hotkeys to make the screen gestures that cast a player's skills on an emulator interface, so that it resembles the actual PC interface. )

Comment

Right. "Scripting" (to me...and probably Adrian) refers to automating the process of clicking or pressing buttons. Simply assigning hotkeys (that still require a manual press) for abilities does not sound like foul play to me at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ༺྿Travis྿༻ (Support Mgr.) View Post
                    Right. "Scripting" (to me...and probably Adrian) refers to automating the process of clicking or pressing buttons. Simply assigning hotkeys (that still require a manual press) for abilities does not sound like foul play to me at all.
                    So can you confirm that I can set 1 to start 2 to run 3 to attack and 4 to abandon? Or even 5 to do all those at once?

Comment

So can you confirm that I can set 1 to start 2 to run 3 to attack and 4 to abandon? Or even 5 to do all those at once?
                      I just want to clearly emphasize this is clearly different from what I'm trying to do... and Travis took care to specifically mention assigning hotkeys to "abilities" in his response. Start, attacking (a fixed point on the screen), and Abandon are not "abilities", if you want to get semantic.

Comment

Jose Sarmento Travis said that scripting is automating "clicking or pressing buttons". Drawing an ability consists of clicking a mouse button, drawing a shape and letting go of the button. So automating [click button and hold, draw shape, unclick button] would fall under the scope of what Travis defined as "scripting".

Humus I think we all know there is a big difference between automating a run through an area vs. a hotkey to activate a single skill.

Hotkeys are scripting; any argument you make against this being true is ignoring the definition of scripting (if you want to be semantic). Hotkeys are not fully automating or even significantly automating the game because you still need to decide when to trigger your skills, you still manually position your character, etc. Hotkeys do, however, have a significant impact on the game. Drawing the symbols takes time and is prone to being misread by the game, especially if you're playing a build with heavy skill spam (Assault BH, for example). The more intense the battle, the more quickly you have to try to time your skills, so the more likely you are to do it wrong in the heat of the moment. Having a simple key to press is quicker and more accurate. So while setting hotkeys is not the same as idle scripting TBD, it is still a significant advantage in gameplay.

EDIT: One thing not mentioned in my response above is that hotkeys (I think) are already supported in the PC version, so adding hotkeys to an Android emulator is not creating new functionality not available to others, it is adding functionality supported on one platform to another platform. That may be a way to define an exception, if this activity is determined to be acceptable.
                        Last edited by adjacentengels; 12-07-2017, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by adjacentengels View Post
                          So while setting hotkeys is not the same as idle scripting TBD, it is still a significant advantage in gameplay.
                          Right, which could be termed "unfair" (by some; not me, since it would be accessible to anyone who bothered to implement or ask for it, etc.), if only the PC version of the game didn't exactly implement said hotkeyed-gestures through actual keys.

Or, if e.g. the Leaderboards distinguished/handicapped by platform.

Since neither of the above is the case here, I think we can, *in this very specific reality of what the game provides and what I'm trying to do*, say that hotkeys are "a good thing".

Also, to avoid misconception, the "significant advantage" hotkeys provide is NOT au par with the PC game's keys. The difference being the flow of control - between the gestures the hotkey is drawing for you, and your own mouse movements and clicks.

Comment

No. Using hotkeys for abilities is fair play. As mentioned, they are already in place on the Windows version. Other actions like movement (especially in a set path) are a no no. Setting a single key to do multiple actions (like an ability sequence) is also bad.

Comment

So pray to tell, with mobile interface offering a smaller screen, no hotkeys of any kind, less precise movements, worse timing, no skill spamming, obscured fighting screen real estate, is there any thought given to provide the less fortunate some game provided scripting help? Such as normal attack switching, limited skill buffering (really perhaps the better way to think of this is that the gesture input is more forgiving so that within 0.5 sec of CD being finished, your gesture isn't wasted), more autoproc of abilities (blade flurry comes to mind), or auto potion quaff at 25% hp? Like to hear from the management if there maybe some affirmative action on the horizon.
                              GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Working...
                              X