Eternium

Announcement

Collapse

Join the Magic & Empire Mobile Beta

Magic & Empire played on a tablet looks like fantasized turn-based strategy sweetness.

https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/ma...ile-interested

Come check out what's happening with our latest game hitting beta. We could use some folks interested in playing the first public mobile builds. View the thread linked below and hit me up or your pal Travis (Admin) if you want to take part.
See more
See less

Viability of Havoc and Adventurer's sets and other builds in high trials

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viability of Havoc and Adventurer's sets and other builds in high trials

Hey there, first post here but I've been playing for quite some time. I was running trials just now and was wondering if anybody has ever tried using these sets in trials 100+. Right now Assaults and Stalkers dominate the lb which is understandable but I think a little diversity might make things more interesting.

I know Adventurers are now completely viable for Warriors but I feel like for BH and Mage there's very little diversity especially as you go higher up the ladder. I've accumulated quite good sets for each of those and it's something I might look at later when im tired of the other two sets but for now I wanna hear everybody's opinion. Has anybody had success with these sets on BH in trials 100+? What other interesting 'atypical' builds have you guys had fun with?

I've tried. Adventurers and Havoc got me up to trial 70. Got stuck. Switched to Stalker and in half the time that it took me to get to 70, and now I am at 101. The difference is night and day. So....much easier.

IMHO Adventurer and Havoc are pretty much useless for higher trials.

It's a shame that there are only two viable builds. Adventurer and Havoc need nerfs in a big way.

Comment

Originally posted by Bounty View Post
      Adventurer and Havoc need nerfs in a big way.
      You mean buffs...

Comment

Originally posted by Bounty View Post
        I've tried. Adventurers and Havoc got me up to trial 70. Got stuck. Switched to Stalker and in half the time that it took me to get to 70, and now I am at 101. The difference is night and day. So....much easier.

IMHO Adventurer and Havoc are pretty much useless for higher trials.

It's a shame that there are only two viable builds. Adventurer and Havoc need nerfs in a big way.

Man that is discouraging.. I'm able to beat 90 ish with my xp stalkers which has measly 500k dps.. They can't be THAT bad

Comment

Here's what I don't get, my warrior is CL 172 and he has just about all legendary named gear like juggernaut and imolation mantle cloak and yet he has a hell of a time winning trial 40. How's that work?

Main Character

1. Novex WARRIOR LEVEL 70 , CHAMPION LEVEL 404.
          Damage = 122k
          Toughness = 182k
          Recovery = 104k

Add me for tutoring help at:
          TUMU DOMA NEGU 3613

Comment

Originally posted by Novex View Post
            Here's what I don't get, my warrior is CL 172 and he has just about all legendary named gear like juggernaut and imolation mantle cloak and yet he has a hell of a time winning trial 40. How's that work?
            You're doing something wrong. At cl172 you should easily be clearing TL60 to 70. Compare your setup to others on the Trial Leaderboard. Take note of the skills and gear they are using. Additionally make sure you know how to deal with each of the Bosses. They are all beatable, but you do need to know what to avoid.
            RAKO LOJA CUSE 8372 - Coldet and QIVO CUBU VEPO 8185 - The Siren

Comment

Sounds to me like a dps issue but I'm not sure since we don't know what your stats are.

At lower CL you can get away with sacrificing a little bit of survivability for dps. Make sure you dual wield and check your gears to see if there are any wasted stats. Try to focus on the big 4 and then sprinkle in some vitality.

Comment

There's a boss guide in the guides and walkthroughs section...

Comment

Just having named gear doesn't guarantee it all works together.

For your armor-type gear, what set bonuses are you using (when you have 2, 4, and 6 of a single set you get bonuses). Do you have six of a single set, 4/2 of two sets, 2/2/2 of three sets?

For your weapon(s) do you have a high base damage (calculate the average damage; is it higher than 1350)? The highest average weapon damage is just under 1400, so you want it as high as possible.

Why can't you finish the trial? Are you dying to the normal mobs? Are you dying to the boss? Are you just not able to kill quickly enough? Is it a particular boss giving you trouble?

Comment

Originally posted by Eso View Post
                    Hey there, first post here but I've been playing for quite some time. I was running trials just now and was wondering if anybody has ever tried using these sets in trials 100+. Right now Assaults and Stalkers dominate the lb which is understandable but I think a little diversity might make things more interesting.

I know Adventurers are now completely viable for Warriors but I feel like for BH and Mage there's very little diversity especially as you go higher up the ladder. I've accumulated quite good sets for each of those and it's something I might look at later when im tired of the other two sets but for now I wanna hear everybody's opinion. Has anybody had success with these sets on BH in trials 100+? What other interesting 'atypical' builds have you guys had fun with?
                    i know it's not the point you're making, but just throwing this out there... it's one thing to have one hero dressed to go as high as you can in trials. it's another to try different things - for example, your xp runner might have a different build. i haven't tried mixed sets in BH, but in mage (arcanist or 4 app/2arc) and warrior (2/2/2, 4a/2j, 6d, etc) can go pretty far. You can make top 100 or 150 on unusual mixes/matches

VOWO TOSO QEME 4656

Comment

Originally posted by abc127 View Post

i know it's not the point you're making, but just throwing this out there... it's one thing to have one hero dressed to go as high as you can in trials. it's another to try different things - for example, your xp runner might have a different build. i haven't tried mixed sets in BH, but in mage (arcanist or 4 app/2arc) and warrior (2/2/2, 4a/2j, 6d, etc) can go pretty far. You can make top 100 or 150 on unusual mixes/matches

Yep, Trial and Error to learn what works best for your takes time and patience, but you know the game better as a result, not from someone experience but your own. I have temporally bumped up my AR or Vitality to get passed a Trial depending on my needs. More DPS is not always the right answer to progress passed a sticking point. I have also learned my boss's as much as I can to avoid their abilities while doing the most damage. I am still working on optimizing my Magroth battles as I still rely on Kiting, which takes more time to kill the boss.
                      Last edited by mattks1; 02-06-2018, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mattks1 View Post

Yep, Trial and Error to learn what works best for your takes time and patience, but you know the game better as a result, not from someone experience but your own. I have temporally bumped up my AR or Vitality to get passed a Trial depending on my needs. More DPS is not always the right answer to progress passed a sticking point. I have also learned my boss's as much as I can to avoid their abilities while doing the most damage. I am still working on optimizing my Magroth battles as I still rely on Kiting, which takes more time to kill the boss.
                        It's amazing how little things make a difference, depending on your style. A simple change I made with Magroth (which may be obvious to some, or maybe it's just me), is to avoid fighting him from above or below. I can guess at a few reasons for this....screen aspect ratio, eye-hand coordination horizontally versus vertically, speed of my arm/fingers left or right as opposed to up or down. Whatever the reasons, this simple change allowed me to make significant progress.

I don't find this as important for mobs or the other bosses, but it made such a big difference for me with Magroth I wish it was in the boss guide
                        Last edited by xaeiou; 02-06-2018, 11:58 PM. Reason: change screen size to aspect ratio

Comment

Working...
                        X