No announcement yet.

Jewelry Crafting Guide discussions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those participating in the current beta event. How difficult is it to get the Perfect Rare reward piece? I'm just thinking of the impact it'll have on the whole jewelry crafting part of the game.

The reward is equivalent to 3 perfect uncommon pieces plus 3 Brilliant gemstones - unless you use it for an attribute that doesn't have gemstones.

Given the current overall frustration of getting perfect via crafting. It now seems to be better to simply wait for an event and then push through that to get your perfect rares. You do end up losing the ability to do a 5/4 split though, guess you can still craft those 3 pieces yourself, if you really want to.

Just trying to get some info to prepare the update for the new release. Thank you.
    Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 10 Aug 2018)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

I think the top players will easily complete all of the reward tasks. For the next tier of players, getting most will be easy. I'm sitting a little outside of top 100 on the class-based leaderboards (main game, not event) at or just below T100, so I would consider myself a good player but not an elite player. The event right now is 3 days, but this type of event would typically go a full week, and be announced ahead of time to allow for some preparation, so while I don't think I'll do very well this time around, I think I'll be able to do decently in subsequent events if my real life allows adequate playing time.

For each rare jewelry reward in this event, this is how I think I will do:
      • 1 - Finish Heroic: I might get this in 3 days, should be easy for 1 week
      • 2 - Finish Legendary: I will not get this in 3 days, possibly get in one week
      • 1 - T20: Easy to complete (already got it)
      • 1 - T30: Easy to complete (already got it)
      • 1 - T40: Easy to complete (at T37 now)
      • 1 - T50: Possible in 3 days, easy in one week
      • 1 - T60: Probably not in 3 days, probably will get in one week
      • 1 - T70: Definitely not in 3 days, probably not in one week
      • 3 - Top 100 LB: Definitely will get it in beta since only Android players, 50/50 in full Event
      • 3 - Top 25 LB: I will not get this
      • 3 - Top 10 LB: I will not get this

So for this event, I will probably have 6-8 rare to play with (3 awarded after the event ends). In a live event where everyone can play and it's for a week, I would be looking at 6-11. Elite players will be looking at 15-18 from each event; 6-9 of those being awarded after the event. At those numbers, the elite players could have enough to build one perfect jewelry during the event (one 1/2 rare needing manual fusing for the 5/4 Epic).

To clarify that last statement, in the 5/4 split you have one pure S1 jewelry, one pure S2 jewelry, and one mixed S1/S2 jewelry, and only that last one would need to be built manually.

You're probably already considering this, but if instead of using these to build perfect jewelries, if these become the primary pieces going into the budget near-perfect (using radiants in some branches), you could end up with a cost to build a Pure1/Pure2/Split1/Split2 (P1/P2/S1/S2) ring looking like this:
      • P1 Epic = [Perfect Rare Reward + near-perfect built with radiants + near-perfect built with radiants] - Add brilliants to all Rare when fusing Epic
      • P2 Epic = [Perfect Rare Reward + near-perfect built with radiants + near-perfect built with radiants] - Add brilliants to all Rare when fusing Epic
      • S1/S2 Epic = [Perfect S1 Rare Reward + Perfect S2 Rare Reward + near-perfect S1/S2 built with radiants] - Add brilliants of S1 to all Rare when fusing Epic (could do S2 gemstones)
      • Legendary = 3x Epic with P1 brilliants

You end up needed these gemstones:
      • P1: 6 Brilliant, 6 Radiant
      • P2: 3 Brilliant, 6 Radiant
      • S1: 3 Brilliant, 3 Radiant
      • S2: 0 gemstones (you can swap S1 and S2, depending what they are)

Comment

Thanks for the breakdown, which somewhat matches with what I was suspecting. Now the important question is, do I keep crafting to get perfect, or just wait for the events and slowly collect those rare rewards - I think a combination of both works best, since there's nothing else to spend Gold on anyway...

Thank you also for the budget piece breakdown, I'll include it in the update - once the Events are officially released, in order to confirm the rewards.

Eternium Guides:

Comment

I just checked the rewards Adrian posted in his thread; in a live event the three LB-related rewards are celestial items, which would put the max of 9 perfect rare rewards in those events. So fewer perfect rares after this beta event. My guess is that people will use the rewards to more easily get a set of near-perfect jewelry then stock up to build truly perfect. Or it might lower the burden enough for people to spend resources on near-perfect XP jewelry, too.

Comment

Chiming in on the new truly perfect rares from the event... similar to what adjacentengels wrote -- because the results depend quite a bit on the MAX part of the formula, one can use only 4 of these truly perfect rares, to make a "much better than before" near-perfect piece. To elaborate:

P1 & P2 (do this twice, for each P1 & P2) --
            • use one perfect rare, which is of course a MAX "truly perfect" piece
            • craft the other 6 uncommons
            • use 2x3 = 6 Brilliants on both of these Uncommon --> Rare fusions, to make your 2nd & 3rd near-perfect Rares.
            • fuse into a "much better than before" near-perfect Epic
            S5 & S4 --
            • use one truly perfect rare for each stat (so, two of them)
            • craft the other 2+1 uncommons
            • socket 3 Brilliants into the 3 Uncommons & fuse into your 3rd Rare
            • fuse into a "much better than before" near-perfect Epic
            Legendary -- socket the 3 Epics with Brilliants & fuse to Legendary

Based on the post above that lists the percentages gained for using gemstones (or not) at each stage, perhaps even skimp a little on the gemstones too.

This "budget" jewelry piece is going to have very high level stats. If you want to go for TRUE PERFECT than you need to use up 9 of those hard to get boxes, and also make a 6/3 split instead of 5/4 split. (Would be interesting to compare the stats on a 6/3 truly-perfect with a 5/4 near-perfect??). Or use 8 of them and craft the 2+1 = 3 Uncommons plus use 3 Brilliants on that leg.

When we as a group have time, I'm sure we will dissect the various possibilities, the math of each, and then we'll understand the options much better.

VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381 -|- Gethi, mage, & Kisheli, XP mage

Comment

The difference between max and min for the mixed Rare is insignificant - since it only contribute 1/15 of the value anyway. What's critical is the 3 Brilliant that you get "for free" if you're crafting the Rare that have gemstones.

Here's the comparison:
              - max 6/3, max 6 => 226 & 181 => total 407
              - max 5/4, max 5 => 224 & 188 => total 412
              - min 2/1 (of the 5/4), max 5 => 223 & 187 => total 410

Edit:
              But yeah, if it's an attribute with a Gemstone, then you need to farm 3 Brilliants.
              Last edited by Nhat; 02-05-2018, 11:15 PM.

Eternium Guides:

Comment

So, use up an extra truly perfect rare, in a 6/3 mix, and get "about 3 points worse" (410 vs. 407, see above). But you have to farm the 3 Brilliants, and SM was nerfed. But then you don't have that truly perfect rare to serve as the 'max' piece in your next crafting project.

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post
                  So, use up an extra truly perfect rare, in a 6/3 mix, and get "about 3 points worse" (410 vs. 407, see above). But you have to farm the 3 Brilliants, and SM was nerfed. But then you don't have that truly perfect rare to serve as the 'max' piece in your next crafting project.
                  yeah, you get "at least" 3 points worse - that's if you crafted 3x 72; and up to 5 points worse - 3x 90. Obviously, if the Attribute doesn't have Gemstones, then you're better off crafting the 2 + 1 - you're better off even if you get minimum values.

Gemstones wise, you can drop the 3 down a bit without much impact - using 72s
                  - 6/3: 225.63 + 180.81 => 406.44
                  - Brilliants: 222.93 + 186.67 => 409.6
                  - Trillions: 222.41 + 186.67 => 409.08
                  - Radiants: 221.88 + 186.67 => 408.55
                  - Teardrops: 221.35 + 186.67 => 408.02
                  - Commons: 220.82 + 186.67 => 407.49
                  - Roughs: 220.81 + 186.67 => 407.48
                  - None: 220.29 + 186.67 => 406.96

So, even without any gemstones at all, the 5/4 split is still better than a full Brilliant 6/3!

Edit:
                  And that's a 6/3 with ALL 90s and Brilliants versus 5/4 with 72s for the 2/1 uncommons and no gemstones.

Edit 2:
                  And if you went for the "near max" of 89.5 (lowest display 90), no gemstones for the 2/1 rare fuse gets you: 221.89 & 187.76 => 409.65

Definitely worth crafting THREE near max pieces, similar cases for the Primary - you don't lose much...

(sorry for the multiple edits, just wanted to get everything in together...)
                  Last edited by Nhat; 02-06-2018, 05:53 AM.

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Just to update based on actual performance. Thanks to Narf, I realized I could get a full Assault set which made T60 possible. Given this, if the rewards are the same (I used two custom Legendary) I think I could definitely hit T70 and maybe T80 in a one-week Event.
                    • 1 - Finish Heroic: I might get this in 3 days, should be easy for 1 week [completed]
                    • 2 - Finish Legendary: I will not get this in 3 days, possibly get in one week [completed]
                    • 1 - T20: Easy to complete (already got it) [completed]
                    • 1 - T30: Easy to complete (already got it) [completed]
                    • 1 - T40: Easy to complete (at T37 now) [completed]
                    • 1 - T50: Possible in 3 days, easy in one week [completed]
                    • 1 - T60: Probably not in 3 days, probably will get in one week [completed]
                    • 1 - T70: Definitely not in 3 days, probably not in one week
                    • 3 - Top 100 LB: Definitely will get it in beta since only Android players, 50/50 in full Event [completed]
                    • 3 - Top 25 LB: I will not get this
                    • 3 - Top 10 LB: I will not get this

Comment

• Nhat

This:

https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...4439#post84439

​​​​​​...deserves a section in your guide, IMHO. Very cool analysis. I plan to be very careful about how I use the precious few perfect rare boxes that I get.

Comment

• Thanks adjacentengels and Coda - I might add a rough draft soon, and then clean up after that.

Looks like anyone participating in the event could potentially get 5 of these, simply going with the "easy to complete", so that'll get you 1 decent jewelry piece, as outlined by adjacentengels above - using 1 for each attribute and crafting the other 15 (6x A, 6x B, 2x C, 1x D).

Whether you get "near max" or not is dependent on your minimum and amount of gemstones. Alternatively, you can save them for your perfect piece, if you already have "near max" pieces.

Eternium Guides:

Comment

• Is it better for me to do the whole "do 5/4, not 6/3" as a separate post, or add it into "the maths" breakdown? Things look a bit crowded there already...

Will do the "recommended use for perfect Rare reward" as a separate post.

Eternium Guides:

Comment

• Originally posted by Nhat View Post
                            Is it better for me to do the whole "do 5/4, not 6/3" as a separate post, or add it into "the maths" breakdown? Things look a bit crowded there already...

Will do the "recommended use for perfect Rare reward" as a separate post.
                            I think breaking up the math-heavy sections will help people digest it more easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by adjacentengels View Post
                              I think breaking up the math-heavy sections will help people digest it more easily.
                              Me too. Prefer separate section dedicated to optimization of these new p-rares.

Comment

• We're on version 88 now and rising. The guide title refers to 75. Not sure it's needed in the title, or if so, maybe state "and later" or some such.

Comment

Working...
                                X