Jewelry Crafting Guide discussions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Coda View Post
    We're on version 88 now and rising. The guide title refers to 75. Not sure it's needed in the title, or if so, maybe state "and later" or some such.
    And later would imply it's always valid which definitely won't be true

Comment

We're on version 88 now and rising. The guide title refers to 75. Not sure it's needed in the title, or if so, maybe state "and later" or some such.
      I put the version just in case things changes with new releases. Will be updating the version once I verify that nothing changes, already did it for the "unlocking features" post.

Would prefer a release note from the dev, but I think the team's still cleaning/checking a few things - that change with the gemstones seems too obvious to be accidental, although I can't think of a reason for it, other than causing more headache for the players...
      Last edited by Nhat; 02-07-2018, 04:16 PM.
      Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 10 Aug 2018)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

• Originally posted by Humus View Post
        And later would imply it's always valid which definitely won't be true
        Well, it would be valid until it isn't. Good point though, to keep it 100% technically accurate, how about "up to date with game version __" -- in the first line of the body, not in the title.
        VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381 -|- Gethi, mage, & Kisheli, XP mage

Comment

• Originally posted by Nhat View Post
          - that change with the gemstones seems too obvious to be accidental, although I can't think of a reason for it, other than causing more headache for the players...
          Which change? Fixing tsm? That was always a bug, you were never supposed to kill that boss.

Comment

• Originally posted by Humus View Post
            Which change? Fixing tsm? That was always a bug, you were never supposed to kill that boss.
            The one you found, where gemstones no longer display the changes if you socket them.

Eternium Guides:

Comment

The one you found, where gemstones no longer display the changes if you socket them.
              Yeah i noticed this during the event. It is missed.

Comment

Yeah i noticed this during the event. It is missed.
                Yeah, and unless there's some behind the scene performance related issues, I can't think of a reason to remove it.

While it's true that the other Attributes related changes, from CP and Passive, doesn't show you the changes before hand - so technically, the Gemstones shouldn't either. However, it costs Gold (yeah, not many people cares about Gold) to unsocket Gemstones, while it's free to change your CP and Passives...

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Anyone know how to do "same tab" links? the [ url ] tags results in my Firefox opening a new tab instead. Trying to do a Table of Contents for quick access to the specific posts in the guide.

Thanks.
                  Nhat
                  Have you tried the code below?
                  This is supposed to work. Opens in same window for me
                  Code:
                  [.node]#POSTNUMBER[./node]
                  Copy the post you want to use, paste it inside the bbcode, and use only the number, removing all the other info from the link.
                  Also, remove the dots from the tags.

Best Regards
                  Last edited by SupremoRei; 02-09-2018, 01:47 AM. Reason: Added real example

Comment

• Thanks SupremoRei - I've been using that for all my links lately, since it's a lot shorter than the url one, but it still opens a new tab for me.

It looks like the "[ node=#]link text[/node]" is a short cut for "[ url=https://forum/makingfun.com/node/#]link text[/url]" - you'll see this if you edit your post and check the Source for it.

Edit:
                    Although, if it does work for you, then that's good news for me - might be a browser setting or something.
                    Last edited by Nhat; 02-09-2018, 04:09 AM.

Eternium Guides:

Comment

• That moment when you're tired and you accidently gem your Vit/AR ring's AR slots with CR gemstones... -_- and the legendary comes out as poor :-/

The only saving grace is that CR is 1 of my 4 attributes. But god damn :-/

PSA: Do not create legendary jewelry whilst tired or drunk.

Comment

• Sorry to hear that, should I include this in the summary for the guide?

Originally posted by Rytrik View Post
                        PSA: Do not create legendary jewelry whilst tired or drunk.
                        (joking, no offence intended, hope you'll be able to craft your proper one soon)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Sorry to hear that, should I include this in the summary for the guide?

(joking, no offence intended, hope you'll be able to craft your proper one soon)
                          Definitely add it :-p

I have some jewelry boxes from the event that i can put toward a proper legendary. So i'm pretty ok with the learning experience.

Comment

• I would have shopped a ring into her hands, but 1. I did this with MSPaint, 2. I suck at PhotoShop, and 3. it's kinda late and I'm kinda tired.

Comment

• The guide thread got marked as "potential spam" again - I think it depends on how much I change in the initial post, a number of previous "big" changes didn't need the approval.

Added rough drafts of the "Custom Rare Jewelry" reward usage (thanks adjacentengels and Coda ) and "5/4 versus 6/3 split"

Sorry for the troubles everyone, it'll be available again once Travis approve it - thanks in advance Travis.

Edit:
                              fixed typos, I'm too tired right now, maybe I shouldn't be updating guides while tired either...
                              Last edited by Nhat; 02-09-2018, 12:38 PM.

Eternium Guides:

Comment

• Nhat there is no need to credit me or quote me in a guide, but thank you for that courtesy. If you determine to leave that quote in permanently, may I please submit this revision for ultimate clarity:

Primary-1 & Primary-2 -- (do this section twice, once for each P1 & P2) --
                                • use one Perfect Rare, which is of course a "max truly perfect" piece (a total of 2 of them are used, one in each Primary)
                                • craft 6 near-perfect Uncommons (again, do this twice, once for P1 and again for P2)
                                • use 2x3=6 Brilliants on each of the two Uncommon Rare fusions, to make your 2nd & 3rd near-perfect Rares (again, do this twice)
                                • fuse each set of three Rares into a "much better than before" near-perfect Epic (twice)
                                • When finished with this section you'll have your P1 Epic and P2 Epic
                                • Obviously if P1 or P2 is a "non-gemstone" stat, you do not use gemstones in those pieces.
                                Secondary5 + Secondary4 -- (this section creates your third Epic)
                                • use one truly perfect rare for each Secondary stat (so, two of them)
                                • craft the other 2+1 near-perfect Uncommons
                                • socket 3 Brilliants into the 3 Uncommons & fuse into your 3rd Rare
                                • fuse the 3 Rares into a "much better than before" near-perfect S5/S4 Epic
                                • Obviously if either S5 or S4 is a "non-gemstone" stat, you only use gemstones for the other stat, and if both S5 and S4 are "non-gemstone" stats, you do not use gemstones in those pieces
                                Final Fusion
                                • socket the 3 Epics with Brilliants & fuse to Legendary

Comment

Working...
                                X