Eternium

Announcement

Collapse

Join the Magic & Empire Mobile Beta

Magic & Empire played on a tablet looks like fantasized turn-based strategy sweetness.

https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/ma...ile-interested

Come check out what's happening with our latest game hitting beta. We could use some folks interested in playing the first public mobile builds. View the thread linked below and hit me up or your pal Travis (Admin) if you want to take part.
See more
See less

Gemstone Mining Guide discussions (WIP)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a video showing the Warrior Leap shortcut in TBD. I cleared the area of monsters and loot before the video starts, for clarity. The video begins with our hero standing at the beginning. However, after you play this level several times you will begin spawning at random locations further into the level and may need to run backwards.

I used a similar starting point as adjacentengels pictures, but just a bit to the left. Then cast up and a bit left, to land in the first room in that area with monsters, in case you prefer to kill a few more before running to the boss. If not, stand one or two steps to the right, at the right (east) side of the small nook, and cast directly north.

The "map view" does NOT show the landing spot before you make the leap. You have to know it's there. It's easy to miss at first, and you might even end up landing where it appears you're in the lava, and then you have to walk back onto dry ground.

VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381
    ~ Gethi, mage, TL109 mobile & TL115 PC
    ~ Kisheli, XP mage, TL109 PC
    ~ Ketushi, mage in A New Beginning, TL100

Comment

Also, as far as I can tell, you can't jump back to the beginning once you've jumped forward. Not that you would really need to, but I thought it was interesting.

Comment

Has to with increased how distance to the north.
        Your mobile challenge, should you choose to accept it!
        Mage Orion: T100 841, T101 1048, T102 1053, T103 1053, T104 1108, T105 1110, T106 1131, T107 1397, T108 1398, T109 1405
        DW Orion: T100 1093, T101 1099, T102-105 1447-1451
        SW Orion: T100 1124, T101-T102 1437, T103 1438
        Stalker BH Orion: T100 1163
        Exp Mage Orion: T100 1374 814%

Let me know if you beat them!

ZECU BUFA SEXI 1519
        Emphasis on the SEXI...
        LONGEST SIGNATURE EVER COURTESY OF ODAAL

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post
          Here's a video showing the Warrior Leap shortcut in TBD. I cleared the area of monsters and loot before the video starts, for clarity. The video begins with our hero standing at the beginning. However, after you play this level several times you will begin spawning at random locations further into the level and may need to run backwards.

I used a similar starting point as adjacentengels pictures, but just a bit to the left. Then cast up and a bit left, to land in the first room in that area with monsters, in case you prefer to kill a few more before running to the boss. If not, stand one or two steps to the right, at the right (east) side of the small nook, and cast directly north.

The "map view" does NOT show the landing spot before you make the leap. You have to know it's there. It's easy to miss at first, and you might even end up landing where it appears you're in the lava, and then you have to walk back onto dry ground.

There's a similar Warrior leap spot in one of the other Maps. I think it's in The Defiler. It lets you skip a good portion of the level.

Good info to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Rytrik View Post

There's a similar Warrior leap spot in one of the other Maps. I think it's in The Defiler. It lets you skip a good portion of the level.

Good info to know.
            The Decent - good for the achievement
            RAKO LOJA CUSE 8372 - Coldet and QIVO CUBU VEPO 8185 - The Siren

Comment

SoA normal. Assault BH, rush to the boss. I didn't count the gold 'cause I was not selling the drops, just pure gemstone farming. I was aiming for 2k, but I had several sloppy runs so I averaged slightly below 10 secs/run.

Total roughs: 1819
              Amount of runs: 194
              Runs/min: 6.46
              Gemstones/min: 60.63
              Class: full assault BH
              Map: Siege of Anderhelm
              Difficulty: Normal

I did this on my phone while commuting to work and back today. PC is worse in comparison for SoA farming.

Comment

Originally posted by Coldet View Post

The Decent - good for the achievement
                Yes, in the Descent. However, there is also a jump spot near the beginning of Defiler which lets you jump right into the graveyard portion of the level.

Comment

Red said "gemstones are a time investment reward, not a skill reward" and "you get the same amount of gemstones / time invested in trials levels 1 to infinite" and when I asked "Red where do you farm gemstones" he said "i dont farm them, i only do trials"

Comment

Just a quick bit of info regarding my numbers. I play a mage and bounty hunter cl 550-594 or so for these numbers. The bounty hunter has much worse gear. All numbers are with the big gem booster running. With the mage I was clearing the whole level. With the bounty hunter just running to boss and killing.
                    level (playing mage) gemstones (roughs equivalent) coins
                    Legendary TBD 326 269807
                    Heroic TBD 373 354150
                    Normal TBD 661 310061
                    With Bounty hunter i only ran SoA
                    Level (playing bounty hunter) gemstones (roughs equivalent) coins
                    normal SOA 942 55968
                    Just for info and also form a lower leveled character farming.
                    Rawel

Comment

Does broken mountain not work for farming gems anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by strut v 900 View Post
                        Does broken mountain not work for farming gems anymore?
                        It doesn't

Comment

Rawel I highly recommend using movement speed and XP gear on the BH when running TBD. If you watch my video of how I run (it's in the gemstone farming comparison sticky) you'll see what I mean. I just ran TBD for a little over half the time of a booster and got 445 gemstones. I'm going to run it again for the whole 30 minutes and see if I can break 1000.

I'll test SOA as well, just to see what I can get.
                          POPO ROBA NODE 1088

Sarcasm is my weapon of choice. It's like aiming a nuke. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Rathmon I currently don't have particularly good gear on the BH he's my second character. I haven't tried TBD with him at all though it would probably be worth it. SoA seems fairly easy though incredibly tedious (it's 14-15 second runs). I'm sure people can manage quicker runs than I have I often get turned around and/or run a bit at the end fight to get all gemstones.I will check your TBD run though since I'm quite interested what if anything you kill.

Comment

I'm only getting around 4k gold from TBD on normal with 200% booster. Whereas TT is like 15k/run. What am I doing wrong?
                              ZOKU NUBO DEXI 5675

Comment

If all I need is one type of gem.. How many will I get per run? Sorry I am a little confused.

Comment

Working...
                                X