Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not sure how some players can make it to TL100+ with only 400k dps?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure how some players can make it to TL100+ with only 400k dps?

I am a bit embarrassed to bring up this topic, because it seems like nearly everyone has got to TL100+ that is on this forum and the highest I have achieved has been barely completing TL97 with a BH at CL1200 and about 900k dps and a good Assault Set and Perfect Jewelry with the same ability/passive setup as leader boards. This leads to lack of toughness, ability rate and how I actually play the game. I know how to increase the stats, but I know I need to improve my actual game play in order to make the most use of my stats. I understand the mechanics of the bosses it just seems like I am doing hardly any damage and takes forever to go to mobs and about 3+ min for bosses in TL90+ for me. So I have some questions to ask for game play?

1. With Assault Sets do you use scatter shot exclusively or just on regular mobs with Lethal Shot for Bosses and Elites?
    2. Do you do perform your abilities in a sequence order to maximize damage or use or use ability as soon as cool down is complete?
    3. Do you focus on Elite Mobs to increase completion bar rate or do you focus on regular mobs that are easier
    4. Are their creatures to avoid such as archers and healers?
    5. Are their any tips that people have learned that increase Real Time DPS (Not just the stat numbers but how it is executed)?

I think Mary posted a youtube video on Assault 6 gameplay using PC. Try watching that to see what he does.
    Dyoma Crown: 333

Bounty - BH - 114
    Mage - Mageone - 112
    Warrior - 107

Comment

Avoid healers, use smoke screen, rapid fire, and then snipe.

Comment

Pc is what makes the difference.. I did a 100 with 554k dps as a mage for the event. Pc gives you accuracy.
        KIFE NUJE WAFO 1716

CLICK >>>
        HERE<<< FOR YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR ETERNIUM PLAY/GUIDES

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
          Avoid healers, use smoke screen, rapid fire, and then snipe.
          Thanks, I will save all my abilities after they cool down till I can do those three in those order proficiently to make it second nature. Right not it is second nature just to press the keys over and over again so as soon as the ability comes up it is used. That might me one of my bigger problems then.

Comment

Originally posted by strut v 900 View Post
            Pc is what makes the difference.. I did a 100 with 554k dps as a mage for the event. Pc gives you accuracy.
            I only play on the PC if I am pushing TLs.

Comment

Originally posted by mattks1 View Post

I only play on the PC if I am pushing TLs.
              Your pulling techniques and rotations are poor quality is all.

I plan on making a trial pushing guide at some point for the community. It will add a ton of competition to these events.
              KIFE NUJE WAFO 1716

CLICK >>>

Comment

Originally posted by strut v 900 View Post

Your pulling techniques and rotations are poor quality is all.

I plan on making a trial pushing guide at some point for the community. It will add a ton of competition to these events.
                Ok. That guide should be really helpful and looking foward to it. Will you be covering for mages, warriors and bounty hunters?

Comment

Ok. That guide should be really helpful and looking foward to it. Will you be covering for mages, warriors and bounty hunters?
                  Well. Mages. I dont play the other two. But I imagine the pull style is fairly similar.
                  KIFE NUJE WAFO 1716

CLICK >>>

Comment

Thanks, I will save all my abilities after they cool down till I can do those three in those order proficiently to make it second nature. Right not it is second nature just to press the keys over and over again so as soon as the ability comes up it is used. That might me one of my bigger problems then.
                    Button mashing is not optimal. Waiting to cast in SS > RF > Snipe each time is not optimal.

With Assault, RF has a stupid quick cooldown and when you cast it you can trigger alacrity so it helps to speed up the other two skills' cooldown, as well. You want to be casting RF almost as frequently as you can. Here are some general guidelines; tailor it to your particular play style, what you're fighting, etc.
                    • If all three are ready or all three are very close to being ready, cast SS then RF then Snipe when available
                    • If SS and RF are ready but Snipe isn't and isn't close, cast SS then RF
                    • If RF and Snipe are ready but SS isn't and isn't close, cast RF then Snipe
                    • If RF is ready and nothing else is ready or very close to ready, cast RF immediately (if Snipe cooldown gets rushed by RF then cast it immediately
                    • If SS and Snipe are ready and RF isn't and isn't close, cast SS then Snipe
                    • If SS is ready but nothing else is close, wait until something else is ready
                    • If Snipe is ready but nothing else is close, wait until something else is ready, unless you're on the last mob in a group and they are almost dead, then you can try casting Snipe to kill them and move on
                    • If you are fighting something with a one-shot skill like Multi-Shot or a boss, you may choose to keep SS or Snipe on hold to interrupt their skill ( usually won't since skills cooldown so quickly, but it is an option you have)
                    • SS and Snipe can interrupt some boss skills but not all; a better method is to keep SS and Snipe cast a few seconds apart to regularly stun / interrupt / disengage the boss before they start a special sequence; doing this, I do not cast all three skills together but will alternate between SS > RF and RF > Snipe so the boss is kept off balance
                    • If you are going to need to run from a boss, cast whatever skills you have available (in SS > RF > Snipe order) so they can be cooling down while you run around

Comment

I am a bit embarrassed to bring up this topic, because it seems like nearly everyone has got to TL100+ that is on this forum and the highest I have achieved has been barely completing TL97 with a BH at CL1200 and about 900k dps and a good Assault Set and Perfect Jewelry with the same ability/passive setup as leader boards. This leads to lack of toughness, ability rate and how I actually play the game. I know how to increase the stats, but I know I need to improve my actual game play in order to make the most use of my stats. I understand the mechanics of the bosses it just seems like I am doing hardly any damage and takes forever to go to mobs and about 3+ min for bosses in TL90+ for me. So I have some questions to ask for game play?

1. With Assault Sets do you use scatter shot exclusively or just on regular mobs with Lethal Shot for Bosses and Elites?
                      2. Do you do perform your abilities in a sequence order to maximize damage or use or use ability as soon as cool down is complete?
                      3. Do you focus on Elite Mobs to increase completion bar rate or do you focus on regular mobs that are easier
                      4. Are their creatures to avoid such as archers and healers?
                      5. Are their any tips that people have learned that increase Real Time DPS (Not just the stat numbers but how it is executed)?
                      2) SS, rapid shot, snipe. Gives best bonuses on damage. I don't save them constantly but open every group with it.
                      3/4) skip healers, and defending chargers. They take soooo long to take down. Especially if there are two elite healers. I get stuck waiting for Robin to freeze or, couple good crit happening when abilities are ready. I find I can skip ALL elites and clear out normal mobs faster, plus while skipping elites my ability resets. So I just smash the normal monster in 1-2 seconds at trial 100.
                      4) there seems be no real answer... Test your too in the area where you get DPS readings. And I've gotten where I max out haste/power so moving just one point to either side results +/-1 damage. You can view gemstones to see where next point needs to go until you break about 1,000,000 then it starts reading 1.7% on both, but there is a difference....
                      Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
                      Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
                      see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
                      and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
                      It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

I really need to play on PC to advance. I can honestly say 95% of my deaths against bosses is due to..."player won't move when I need to get away from boss ability "

Guy just sits there while I tap away on other parts of my screen. I do play on a 9" tablet, but issue still happens non-stop.

Comment

I was wondering about this. I’m a new player and only playing on iPhone, not even a tablet. My character just sits there shooting and I’m like RUN AWAY #%^* but she thinks I just want her to shoot more. Is something other than BH more friendly to phone play? I think I need to figure out how to build a char that can just go mano y mano and get the job done, no kiting on the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by NellieBly View Post
                            I was wondering about this. I’m a new player and only playing on iPhone, not even a tablet. My character just sits there shooting and I’m like RUN AWAY #%^* but she thinks I just want her to shoot more. Is something other than BH more friendly to phone play? I think I need to figure out how to build a char that can just go mano y mano and get the job done, no kiting on the phone.
                            Do you have the attack after moving turned on in settings?

Comment

Originally posted by Abasuto View Post
                              Guy just sits there while I tap away on other parts of my screen. I do play on a 9" tablet, but issue still happens non-stop.
                              Others have mentioned this as well: make sure you're not tapping on a tree/rock/dust/etc. - since you can't move there, so the Hero ignores the request.

Not saying that this is the issue for you, just thought it might help to know.
                              Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 10 Aug 2018)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Working...
                              X