Currency Booster Question...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currency Booster Question...

I know they don't stack with themselves, but do they stack with each other? I'm a tightwad with my Gems so I don't want to find out the hard way, but I'm guessing that they do.

Also, do they apply their effect to gemstones dropped by Trial bosses? Because if so, my way of thinking is that it'd be most efficient to just use the boosters while running the lowest easiest Trials possible that still give nice fat boss drops (so Trials 60 to 70 if I'm in the mid- or high-80s). I've only ever gotten decent farming results on The Temple in Leg mode, so I'm looking to get at least better results than that.
    Champion Level 1035 -

Artemis (DPS Mage): 920K/104K/25K, TL94
    Synergy 178 • Arc/Adv 4/2 • Marcus, Robin, Endar

Estrago (Bounty Hunter): 482K/142K/51K, TL87
    Synergy 101 • Havoc 4 • Marcus, Robin

Athena (XP Mage): 446K/85K/22K, TL91
    Synergy 129 • Adv/Arc 4/2 • Marcus, Eileen, Robin

Mobile • As Of May 24th, 2018

#JustSpamLess: Responsive Controls Are For Skrebz

They don't stack with each other. If you have a 100% running and try to use a 200% it will warn you that your going to replace the active one. They do, however, stack with any gold bonus from your weapons/jewelry/armor.

The most efficient use, by far, is running Broken Dragon or the Temple on normal mode. Trials aren't efficient because the time it takes to kill the boss. I prefer the Dragon on normal with my BH. I can clear it in about 70 seconds.

Edit: Another use that I like to do is use them while I clear out story mode the five times. It earns gems completing each area plus the bonus gemstones. Just do not waste them doing the "arena" scenes. There's little to no gemstone drops on those. Wait till it wears off then knock out the arena scenes.
    Last edited by NachoJoe; 04-25-2018, 12:54 AM.

Comment

TBD drops almost nothing most times, at least for me. Per your advice, I'll at least stick with The Temple. I thought that Legendary mode would get the best drops, though...? I also saw The Severed Mountain and Crucible of Mawrth suggested as good gemstone farming maps in another thread, but I gave those a few runs and the results were less than impressive (to put it mildly).

That's all without the boosters, by the way.

Trial Bosses can be pretty easy if you're slumming at a TL well below your D/T level, but it would still have to be a TL with higher drop rates and the boosters would still be needed to make even that amount of time worth it. At least that was my logic about it.
      Champion Level 1035 -

Comment

Spring for the 200% booster then run TBD on normal a few times. You'll see the benefit. The bonus is very noticeable.

Edit: the gemstone drops are the same, and on normal you can clear it much faster. If your looking to gain experience while boosting gemstone drop rate by all means run it on legendary, but you will get less runs.
        Last edited by NachoJoe; 04-25-2018, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Run trial 25 or (on normal) tbd or the temple, or kill magroth in siege of anderhelm (skip all the other enemies and abandon after you get the gems). Changing the trial level or difficult of the story mode level doesn't get you more gemstones.
          Edit: TSM was nerfed a while ago, where did you see it recommended?

Comment

Humas why just kill Magroth in SOA. The regular mobs drop gemstones too?

Comment

Originally posted by Destroytokyo View Post
              Humas why just kill Magroth in SOA. The regular mobs drop gemstones too?
              Not as much, you get the most with a bounty Hunter wearing the assault set so you get a movement speed bonus and running straight to magroth and killing him since that takes like ten seconds per run and drops a ton of gemstones. It's also really boring so if I were you I'd just do another one of the ways I said earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
                Run trial 25 or (on normal) tbd or the temple, or kill magroth in siege of anderhelm (skip all the other enemies and abandon after you get the gems). Changing the trial level or difficult of the story mode level doesn't get you more gemstones.
                Edit: TSM was nerfed a while ago, where did you see it recommended?
                SOA's drops were kind of disappointing too. I'll give it a shot with the boosters at some point.

I saw TSM mentioned in another thread on here. It was on page 1, but I didn't check the post or comment dates. I'll scratch it off the list.
                Champion Level 1035 -

Comment

Originally posted by Melchiah View Post

SOA's drops were kind of disappointing too. I'll give it a shot with the boosters at some point.

I saw TSM mentioned in another thread on here. It was on page 1, but I didn't check the post or comment dates. I'll scratch it off the list.
                  SoA gives the highest number of gemstone roughs but returns with a very gold resource. TBD gives comparably near but with x4-x5 more gold and XP.
                  Bounty Hunters: Aice Sang (Assault), Natalia (Stalker)

Mage: Seulgi (Exp), Suzybae (ANB 3 3rd & Live-LB 11th)

Warrior: Asuna

FIRU VARI WAFI 3808 (Mobile & PC)

Comment

Originally posted by Nikko.mendoza89 View Post

SoA gives the highest number of gemstone roughs but returns with a very gold resource. TBD gives comparably near but with x4-x5 more gold and XP.
                    I'm guessing those numbers are based on just a straight speedrun. Gold was another consideration, but there's no way in hell that I'm going to waste Reforges/Stash space on Extra Gold gear.

By the way, it sucks that The Gauntlet isn't even good for gold. :-(
                    Champion Level 1035 -

Comment

Trials aren't efficient because the time it takes to kill the boss.
                      I just ran SoA and got 4 gemstones, then ran trial lvl 10 and got 18 gemstones.. It took maybe 25 more seconds to do the trial. (Granted I took longer on SoA because I waited and killed the adds I gathered before leaving, so roughly 45 to 50 secs for SoA, minute and half tops for trial.) I don't think the gemstone drop rate scales with trial level so much.. Meaning you can get roughly the same amount doing a ridiculously low trial lvl as you would doing one that "takes so long to kill the boss" on.

Just my input. I would try this way and see if you like it better.. I do.
                      QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635
                      CL 1000000000
                      Elenora-Stalker BH-Trial 100
                      Skyla-Warrior-DW-Trial 109 Rank#(?)
                      (Previously Rank#420 Global LB)

Starla-Frost Mage-Trial 103
                      Meatsak-809%Exp.War.Shield.-Trial 102

Disposabull-BH.As\St-The Farmer- Trial 91
                      Hacker, not to be confused with cheater or cracker..

Comment

Originally posted by Skyla View Post

I just ran SoA and got 4 gemstones, then ran trial lvl 10 and got 18 gemstones.. It took maybe 25 more seconds to do the trial. (Granted I took longer on SoA because I waited and killed the adds I gathered before leaving, so roughly 45 to 50 secs for SoA, minute and half tops for trial.) I don't think the gemstone drop rate scales with trial level so much.. Meaning you can get roughly the same amount doing a ridiculously low trial lvl as you would doing one that "takes so long to kill the boss" on.

Just my input. I would try this way and see if you like it better.. I do.
                        When doing SoA, you never do a full clear, you Zerg the boss (rush it by running straight after using smoke screen as a BH) then kill it right away together with the 3 sisters, get the drops, abandon. It can take you 8-10 seconds per clear for an optimal run giving you 5-6 runs per minute and that's 150-160 runs giving an average (in roughs) of 10-20 (commons x3 = rough conversion).
                        Bounty Hunters: Aice Sang (Assault), Natalia (Stalker)

Mage: Seulgi (Exp), Suzybae (ANB 3 3rd & Live-LB 11th)

Warrior: Asuna

FIRU VARI WAFI 3808 (Mobile & PC)

Comment

Originally posted by Nikko.mendoza89 View Post

When doing SoA, you never do a full clear, you Zerg the boss (rush it by running straight after using smoke screen as a BH) then kill it right away together with the 3 sisters, get the drops, abandon. It can take you 8-10 seconds per clear for an optimal run giving you 5-6 runs per minute and that's 150-160 runs giving an average (in roughs) of 10-20 (commons x3 = rough conversion).
                          I understand the concept behind SoA. I ran it many times farming for named legendaries before I realized better methods for that as well.. My point is you're going for as many GEMS as you can get, not how many RUNS through a place. You're not farming boss kills..

I just played this out multiple times just to be sure.. I have a200% booster on.. I'm on my xp warrior.. Using rend and occasionally rage to mop up the stragglers.. From the starting point just walking from mob to mob following the border of the map until boss spawns it's taking me 2.5 mins on trial lvl 63 and I'm getting 22to24 gems each run, which I would consider to be in agreement with your statement of takes too long compared to the SoA zerg..BUT if you do the same thing on trial lvl 15 you'll get on average 17to19 gems and it's only taking 60 seconds.. With THAT in mind, then no, your statement I quoted is wrong.
                          I didn't run SoA more than once in the beginning of test but seeing as how I only got 4 or5 gems from the boss kill and the maybe ten adds that I aggroed from the zerg to the boss that I decided to kill instead of abandoning out, I couldn't see wasting booster time, nor do i see where you're getting your numbers from.

20sec run with 5gems< 60secs with 18 imo
                          And yes the math there looks close but..Your 20sec run with level loading times becomes more than 20secs in actuality.. So in 60secs you've actually only done two runs with a total of 10 gems.. To my still 18.. Yes you can math well but go try it in game with a stop watch next to you and actually try both methods. You'll be surprised I'd be willing to bet.
                          QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635
                          CL 1000000000
                          Elenora-Stalker BH-Trial 100
                          Skyla-Warrior-DW-Trial 109 Rank#(?)
                          (Previously Rank#420 Global LB)

Starla-Frost Mage-Trial 103
                          Meatsak-809%Exp.War.Shield.-Trial 102

Disposabull-BH.As\St-The Farmer- Trial 91
                          Hacker, not to be confused with cheater or cracker..

Comment

Heres some numbers;

200% Booster
                            SoA Zerg =1600 and upp, depending on how fast you do it. Why this is superior is that you are guaranted gemstone from the boss. butt it takes time to restart each time and therefor you end up whit 45-60min total time.

TBD kill all = 1100-1400. If you can oneshoot enemies on Legendery then this is a good goldfarm, and if you turn off the addbox you get many boxes with gold in, earning 30-40k/run

SoA kill all towards the boss =1300-1600.

Trial 35. its hard to do anny trial 60sec and unless you want xp + gemstones, where gemstone are prio 2, then SoA or TBD are better.

BUT...

My personal favorite is 100% boost (50 gems cheeper then 200%) in SoA where i kill all towards the boss. Earning 650-800 gemstones per boost.I oneshoot in Heroic with my xp gear and get 1,5-2 CL per 30min. But i have some sparetime so i choose to save on gems instead of time, therefor 100% boost.

Comment

My run with 100% booster is with BH and looks like this.

Comment

Working...
                              X