X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coda View Post
    Nemesis

During ANB, top players only play Normal mode until TBD or CoW. However, the XP farming technique used in CoW also works in Trials, so the extra time to reach CoW could be considered unnecessary.

TBD is worth reaching for most people, to unlock Robin, and (perhaps) farm stones & gold. For XP (past L70) and resources (especially MoTs) and definitely for gear, farm trials.

I have not ever had to play a specific Trial #, to receive the reward. Once you beat a trial above it, the rewards(s) are granted. Or, they always have been for me.
    Don't the majority of leaderboard fall into two camps?

1. Complete just enough story to hit level 10, unlock trials and proceed to trials. Level to 70, grab some CLs, set up to speed run story mode to TBD to complete any necessary farming for rings if needed

2. Semi-zerg story mode to CoW, blast front mobs and abandon to level 70. Proceed to trial7, clear and skip to max possible.

​​​​​Regarding rewards, all rewards have been awarded whenever the requirement has been exceeded.

Comment

Originally posted by Kosmacka View Post
      ...what happens to companions that I buy in the event? Are they also transferred when I hit the End event button?
      Only if you keep the hero.

Comment

Originally posted by ྿༻Travis༺྿ (Support Mgr.) View Post
        Only if you keep the hero.
        Thanks Travis, will keep that in mind

Comment

Originally posted by Ozymandius View Post
          The advantage to the CoW XP farming is that the enemies are leveled to your current ability level instead of being set based on trial level
          Agreed.
          But trial 1 = level 10, TL2 = level 20, 3 = 30, etc.

So, if you invest a little in gear & leveling up Attacks & Spells, so that you are stronger, you can do the same trick as in CoW (blast initial mobs, abandon, repeat), but in a TL above your current level. In that case, XP grinding is arguably even faster and then you don't have to run Story Mode past TBD. However the negative of the TL-only method is that those mobs do not drop any gear at all. You have to kill the boss for gear in TLs.

I haven't collected any data though. Maybe someone else has and could "prove" which is better. Prolly not much difference.
          Last edited by Coda; 06-03-2019, 11:02 PM.
          VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

IF you can afford to craft things, then gear is not a factor, and technically then running trials would be faster. "Clearing trials starting mobs" is also valid in such case, since you DON'T care/need gear, and it also removes the "low movement speed" thing, since you're not moving around much.

Simply go a few rounds until you're sure you can quickly finish the boss, then do so and up the trial level. If you attempt the boss too early, then you'll be using up valuable time trying to kill it, or worse failing to do so and wasted the time...

I've found such estimation too complicated and generally don't put that much effort into the game anyway... But yeah, your outcome may vary, depending on resources available.
            Last edited by Nhat; 06-03-2019, 11:38 PM.
            Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Honestly I don’t like abandoning the level so I wouldn’t even want to try the CoW thing. I prefer trials and when I can I will just craft movement speed legs and feet. Warriors are so slow at first it’s painful.

I was wondering I can’t tell if I got lucky or if I missed out by finishing my event early because of the war supplies event coinciding with ANB? I read that it overrides (what’s the past tense of override lol?) the ANB exp boost and gemstone boost etc. Did they fix that in time before ANB ended and did it allow people to buy the War Supplies on their event characters? I saw that they boosted the war supply effect up to the equivalent of the ANB bonus and it seemed to be working for me on my main non-event character. I used some boosters and gained a ton of CLs. Then it went away sometime this morning I guess (it did say weekend only).
              Last edited by Nemesis; 06-04-2019, 01:53 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Agreed.
                But trial 1 = level 10, TL2 = level 20, 3 = 30, etc.

So, if you invest a little in gear & leveling up Attacks & Spells, so that you are stronger, you can do the same trick as in CoW (blast initial mobs, abandon, repeat), but in a TL above your current level. In that case, XP grinding is arguably even faster and then you don't have to run Story Mode past TBD. However the negative of the TL-only method is that those mobs do not drop any gear at all. You have to kill the boss for gear in TLs.

I haven't collected any data though. Maybe someone else has and could "prove" which is better. Prolly not much difference.
                Point taken. I feel like I have to be within about 10 levels of the trial to have much success (e.g., at level 30+ I can push trial 4), but I typically measure success in a trial by the boss kill and gemstone & gear harvest. I had not considered just blasting through a few mobs for the XP then dropping out of the trial. During silver2, I used CoW to push my level up, then completed the next trial and circled back to CoW to level up some more. I think if you were just in it for the XP, running a blitz attack on mobs close to the start of the trial would probably work a bit better. You would not care about your trial time or if you died because it would be an "XP only" run. I think that you would have to stick to the "if you die abandon the trial and restart" rule though.

I haven't been too successful grinding CL in this event because I have been running two separate heroes and focusing on getting the celestial bonuses. I managed to get through TL100 on both heroes in Silver2, but I didn't have the CL points to push very far past TL100. Hoping to get a top 100 finish for my warrior in Gold2, so I need to work on building XP more.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis View Post
                  Honestly I don’t like abandoning the level so I wouldn’t even want to try the CoW thing. I prefer trials and when I can I will just craft movement speed legs and feet. Warriors are so slow at first it’s painful.

I was wondering I can’t tell if I got lucky or if I missed out by finishing my event early because of the war supplies event coinciding with ANB? I read that it overrides (what’s the past tense of override lol?) the ANB exp boost and gemstone boost etc. Did they fix that in time before ANB ended and did it allow people to buy the War Supplies on their event characters? I saw that they boosted the war supply effect up to the equivalent of the ANB bonus and it seemed to be working for me on my main non-event character. I used some boosters and gained a ton of CLs. Then it went away sometime this morning I guess (it did say weekend only).
                  I'd say that you got lucky. I wasted a few hours on Saturday until I realized that I just wasn't getting the XP or gems that I should have been even while running boosters. The Devs fixed the problem, so I was able to finish the event on Sunday with the same bonus. However, it was really frustrating not knowing if the problem would be fixed in time, and I wasn't able to make up for the XP lost from my Saturday runs since I had counted on that being my XP building day.

It certainly looked like you could have purchased up to two legendary cubes from the War Supplies offerings, but I did not make any purchases since it would have felt like cheating. The War Supplies bonuses were awarded, but not really anything that would have impacted end of event play (mostly gemstones and lower level XP bonus cubes).

I agree with you that "abandoning" is a hard thing for me to do, since I like those big payouts for completing a story level or trial. I think that you have to decide that your short term goal is to just boost XP and stick to that plan if you are going to build the CL points that you will need for higher level trials.

It would be nice if the Devs added a button that would allow you to suspend the gemstone bonuses. I feel like once I open a gemstone/gold booster that I am committed to running for gemstones/gold for the full 30 minutes of play.

Comment

I got credit for Trial lvl 20 from completing lvl 30 so it’s working now or I was mistaken.

Comment

Does currency boosters work on trials? I don't want to use them if they don't.

Comment

JaevlaSkit Yeah but you only get loot from the boss, so don’t use it till right before your about to kill him it will at least save you that amount of time it took to summon him and bring him to near death. After that the timer will be going the whole trial and you’d get the loot from the boss each time. Idk how much less or more efficient it is than farming TBD, but if your event timer is running low and you want to use them all anyways / don’t plan on farming outside of pushing trials than no reason not to use them.
                        Last edited by Nemesis; 06-09-2019, 12:22 AM. Reason: Added comment.

Comment

I kept track of times to achieve certain levels during this ANB Gold. I wanted to see how long it takes to reach level 70 and rescue Robin from TBD. Unfortunately it takes more time than you might think, to run through all the maps of world #1 to reach TBD.
                          • 6 minutes, level 10, map 1-4
                          • 15 minutes, level 30, trial #3
                          • 20 minutes, level 44, map 1-6
                          • 33 minutes, level 57, map 1-14
                          • forgot to note the time & level -- rescued Robin
                          • 42 minutes, finished trial 8 @ just over level 70 (with a few CLs)
                          I'm sure it can be done faster by spending more gems + resources + gold to periodically craft gear with XP + DPS on it.

One could also save time by not rescuing Robin and simply buy a third Endar.
                          VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

I kept track of times to achieve certain levels during this ANB Gold. I wanted to see how long it takes to reach level 70 and rescue Robin from TBD. Unfortunately it takes more time than you might think, to run through all the maps of world #1 to reach TBD.
                            • 6 minutes, level 10, map 1-4
                            • 15 minutes, level 30, trial #3
                            • 20 minutes, level 44, map 1-6
                            • 33 minutes, level 57, map 1-14
                            • forgot to note the time & level -- rescued Robin
                            • 42 minutes, finished trial 8 @ just over level 70 (with a few CLs)
                            I'm sure it can be done faster by spending more gems + resources + gold to periodically craft gear with XP + DPS on it.

One could also save time by not rescuing Robin and simply buy a third Endar.
                            I wish I would have kept track of it like this. I was just trying to watch how much of the timer it took away reaching lvl 70 and saving Robin. I have 3:08:33.9 left cleared trial 58 and can proceed to lvl 64. I saved Robin before I hit 70 with movement speed gear and I was also on trial 8+ when I hit 70. Took like 2 hrs 20 minutes on a Warrior. I feel like I’m leveling very slow I didn’t buy any boosters just the ones I unlocked from milestones. Idk if it’s any easier / faster on a computer?
                            Last edited by Nemesis; 06-09-2019, 01:08 AM.

Comment

If you delete your ANB hero to make a new one, are *crafted/bound celestials going to stay in the event stash and reroll at the end of the event?

Edit: Nevermind it’s still in my stash. Figured it would be. I hope I don’t get pushed out of the top 250 on my Warrior doing this ><
                              Last edited by Nemesis; 06-16-2019, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Nhat how do you make your XP jewelries? Farming for Gold or Echange gems (tons of gems) for gold?

Comment

Working...
                                X