Eternium For Dummies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eternium For Dummies

Edit 6/13/20 - Apparently some players are beginning to have issues accessing this file so I have made a few small changes and replaced the link sharing.

​​​​​​Edit 4/11/21 - there have been done significant changes to the game since this was written so I will be doing some major editing to this guide in the next few days. I will be adding sections on both the addition of the Arena and the upgraded Armory.

"Eternium for Dummies: A Beginner's Guide"

Thanks for all the tips, both public and private.

When I first started playing Eternium, I had no idea what I was doing and spent 5 weeks wasting lots of time and money. Eventually I discovered the wealth of info here and began to "play smarter" I immediately read through the unfinished walk through but it still was a little "over my head" and it took me a while before I could "take off my training wheels and ride my bike with the bigger boys." There was no PDF file or anything that I could download to set me off in the right direction and so I decided to do something about it.

I love to write so I decided to write my own Beginner's Guide. I mentioned it to Travis a while back and he suggested that I post it here in the forums and get you guys to read it, make suggestions, and then vote on adding it to a sticky post in the Walk through section.

The question I have is to how best to post a 20-page guide? I also need some help creating some bookmarks within the guide with links to them from the outline at the top. (I wrote it entirely on my tablet using Google Docs which apparently doesn't have that ability.) is there a size limit to the posts here? Should I simply save it as a PDF and upload it as an attachment?
    Last edited by Avatar; 04-11-2021, 06:37 PM.
    Friend Code: XONE MUGE PUKE 1084

Upload it to Dropbox or GDrive or something, maybe.
    still a newbie
    mobile mostly
    --
    Main: PEJU NOWE FELU 3375
    Receives Daily Gems

Chibari (ELR XP/EG Later in the game)
    Majisk (Arcanist Push)
    Klaus (Warrior Push)

Johanssen (Stalker Push)
    Genevieve (BH EG) [Coming Soon]
    --
    Second Account: XEMA JAWI VUFU 9588
    when bored or something, only does dailies, no subscription
    Acelotte (BH)
    not sure what comes next

Comment

Editing a comment
      It is already located in an Eternium folder on my Google Drive.

So all you have to do is share the link. Look at my signature and you will find that I have shared a link to my Dropbox. You can do the same with Google Drive and others.

Comment

OK. Here is the link. There are a few other "newbie" guides and walk through floating around but they seemed to be incomplete or out of date. If anyone finds a correction than needs to be made or just wants to add a suggestion, shoot me a PM.

Here is the link.
      Last edited by Avatar; 03-01-2020, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• Ubba Lothbrokson
        Ubba Lothbrokson commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a great start, Avatar!

Good job!

For the "Longevity" of this thread, perhaps edit your opening post to point people into the right direction. You may change your signature.

Edit1: this paragraph is not very clear and needs to be re-read a few times before understanding sinks in. Perhaps a rewrite?
      "Other than playing style, you also need to take into consideration the device you will be using when choosing your hero. For example, I primarily played a Warrior on my laptop and enjoyed playing a Mage on my Android tablet but, due to the fact that the gameplay (controlling movement and using your abilities and skills) is drastically different depending on whether you are using a touch screen or a keyboard and/or mouse, it was advised that it would be easier to play as a Warrior or Bounty Hunter. On a laptop or PC it is apparently easier to play as a Bounty Hunter or as a Mage. That is one of the reasons why the Bounty Hunter is perceived as one of the most versatile of the three hero classes"

Edit 2: Perhaps add: Choose your name wisely - it cannot be changed.
      "As soon as you choose a Hero Class and and a name for your hero (you can choose your own name or have one auto-generated for you"

Edit 3: a. Inventory rows DO carry over from Event ANB to Standard. For your Original Standard Character 4 rows should be adequate.
      b. Stash tabs and rows however DO NOT carry over and will eventually need to be opened by your standard characters. Remember the Stash is available to all your characters but not your Event character.

"Expanding inventory & stash - unless it is vitally important, wait to expand your inventory and account stash until the next event (especially the A New Beginning event known by its acronym ANB) during which you can expand these things for a fraction of the cost."

Edit 4: More expensive on Windows and not available to iOS
      "The next cheapest option is to spend $3.99 a month and receive 100 gems a day in your mailbox"
      Last edited by Coldet; 03-01-2020, 07:20 AM.
      RAKO LOJA CUSE 8372 - Coldet and VADA YOHI XUVA 4984 - Beta

Comment

Editing a comment
        Took care of those issues and a few others. Thanks again.

• Coldet
        Coldet commented
        Editing a comment
        Avatar you still should amend your opening post.

• CREMATED
        CREMATED commented
        Editing a comment
        Implicit dialogue is refreshing!!

Job well done Avatar. Maybe in near future you will write more advance guide because this one is very good and it's user friendly there are many players in intermediate level with huge lack in knowledge about game and more advanced staregy. Or maybe don't do it I wouldn't like too many opponents to top 100

Comment

Editing a comment
        I am really glad that you like my writing style.

I love writing and will definately consider working on one that includes topics like advice on jewelry crafting, gear crafting, and recommendations for gear / weapon/ skill sets for the top 6 (2 for each of the hero classes).

But I need to become more knowledgeable myself about these things before handing out advice to others. The folks over at Discord have been a real life saver when it comes to getting an answer quickly while writing.

I don't believe its necessary to close this thread. Move yes.
      RAKO LOJA CUSE 8372 - Coldet and VADA YOHI XUVA 4984 - Beta

Comment

Great work Avatar, thank you for the contribution - Travis, this have my vote for moving to the Guides section, I'm sure there are many more votes too
        Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Travis | Support Mgr., I assume that you are the one responsible for moving this to the Walk through section. Thanks. Have you had a chance to look through the guide? If so, what do you think? Is it worthy of being "pinned"?
          Last edited by Avatar; 03-03-2020, 04:16 AM.

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
            Travis | Support Mgr. commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm the wrong person to answer that. Your fellow community members are the Eternium experts, not me.

Hi Avatar. I am a real newbie newb to Eternium. Can't believe I never found it before. Love these kinds of games, though I'm reeeeeally bad at them ?.

I just want to say thank you for this guide. It has made a real difference to me. Things can be very confusing with games like this even when you're used to them ?.

Comment

Very helpful beginner guide. Wish I had this when I started and yet i still some things from it. I would recommend it for being "pinned"

Comment

The discord link shows expired. Please help.

Comment

The Discord link in the doc needs to be updated to https://discord.gg/Eternium.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis | Support Mgr. View Post
                  The Discord link in the doc needs to be updated to https://discord.gg/Eternium.
                  Thanks. I'll take care of that now.

As the game's Support Mgr, can to give me any feedback or criticism on the guide before I get started on an intermediate guide?
                  Last edited by Avatar; 10-11-2020, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar View Post
                    As the game's Support Mgr, care to give me any feedback or criticism on the guide before I get started on an intermediate guide?
                    You guys are the experts on the game, not me.

Comment

Working...
                    X