Gemstone farming comparison

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astraeus4
    40 gemstones per minute, that's 1200 per 30 minute booster. That's about right. Advanced players have reported about 60 per minute = 1800 per booster running SoA/normal, Zerg style.

There isn't yet a lot of data on Act IV but people have reported even higher numbers from running Morgenheim or Drakenmoor Catacombs.

​​​​​​​To achieve these rates you need a Bounty Hunter with Assault set (4 min), boots & pants that have movement speed, the FleetFooted passive at level 10, and then, more or less, all other resources get invested in Damage.
    VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381 -|- Gethi, mage, & Kisheli, XP mage

Comment

• I'm just curious if something has changed in drop rate since crafting came out. Anyone done a gemstone run since then? I can't get anywhere near those number and I'm blazing a pretty fast trail

Comment

• For example, I just ran straight through Morgenheim killing only what was in my way to the boss. I got 2 gemstones from the run.

Comment

• That was with no booster, but a booster can't boost 2 into 40 or 60

Comment

• The best single run I have gotten on morgenheim, with a 400% booster is 34 gemstones, if I take time to kill ever monster and open every chest. Just trying to find out if something has changed, or if there is some other factor that impacts drop rate.

Comment

• With crafting beta, players are now doing full runs on Legendary, and opening all chests, since drop quality are better, which means better salvaged materials. There were a few thoughts of lower rates, but they were comparing against events boosted, so I believe the rates are the same.
              Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 18 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:
              • Jewelry Guide (18 May 2019 - updated spreadsheet, v1.4.8; I'll update the stats in the guide later)

Comment

• Agreed Nhat. Many players having been comparing to events that had a 50% increase to gemstone drop rate (ANB to name one). Adrian also mentioned somewhere (not sure if it was Discord or forums) that there has been no change to gemstone drop rate in any of the updates/patches.

Comment

• Thanks! Will save the boosters for the next event and work on building CL and crafting for now.

Comment

• Astraeus4 running Zerg-style is really only applicable to SoA because it's short and has one of the major bosses at the end (which drops a few gemstones).

You can also Zerg through TBD but most people kill most (or all) of the monsters along the way because it's more linear than SoA.

We dont yet have good collective data from Act IV. I ran Morgenheim 20 times and was surprised at how low the gemstone haul was. Morgenheim has a lot of Elites but no boss. So does Drakenmoor Catacombs. Maybe for gemstones, TBD and SoA are still better. For gold though, Morgenheim is yielding a good haul.

I will post that data over in lama75 crafting data thread when I get it compiled. When I have time I'll go back and re-run TBD and SoA. I plan on running DC too. It's a bit less linear than Morgenheim but worthy of giving it a shot.

​​​​​​P.S. Besides the build I mentioned above, you also need to run the max level currency booster.
                    VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381 -|- Gethi, mage, & Kisheli, XP mage

Comment

Working...
                    X