• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toot
    replied
    Originally posted by Rathmon View Post
    ...Added a video of 3 runs on TT to first post
    I suggest you reserve two rows of your hero's inventory for gems to reduce inventory management.
    You're overdoing things by clearing your inventory after every run.

Any reason why you're not taking any companions to help speed up your run?
    Three archers is better than none, just saying.

I too like killing those large packs at the top & bottom room but is it worth the time running back and forth?
    I guess this is something worth to reconsider.

Leave a comment:

• Woina
    replied
    I'll just wait then, if you think you are right.

Leave a comment:

• Rathmon
    replied
    Originally posted by Woina View Post
    However, different ppl with different gear/CL/exp%/skills have different Exp per map or time.
    U can easily compare gold&gems per map played, but every player has to find his/her own time per map when you want to be effective.
    A basic reality of math is that it's constant- it doesn't matter if you have 500% XP gear or 150%. If TT gains 15% more in the same time frame as SM, then it's going to be 15% more of 500% or 150%. Regardless, even that is going to be affected by RNG because the mobs are not consistent throughout. That's why I'm trying to get a sold basis of comparison by doing it for the same amount of time over and over.

Case in point, my new TT run gained me 3 CL levels (151-154) in an hour. Unfortunately, I don't know if that's 150,000 or 15,000 or 1,500,000 XP total gain because the game doesn't have those numbers (that I know of)

Added a video of 3 runs on TT to first post- not perfect and no commentary yet, but you'll get the idea of how I think it's best to run.
    Last edited by Rathmon; 04-08-2017, 06:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• abc127
    replied
    Originally posted by Woina View Post
    However, different ppl with different gear/CL/exp%/skills have different Exp per map or time.
    U can easily compare gold&gems per map played, but every player has to find his/her own time per map when you want to be effective.
    Sure, but the relative performance would still be relavant. If one run produces 50% more xp, it's still a lot more for anyone, no matter your build or level. As long as you don't take the values at face value, it's useful.

Leave a comment:

• Woina
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Rathmon
    replied
    @abc127- My new version of TT run is pretty cool- no minions and a little more speed gear gets me through it in close to 2.5 minutes. I'll record one just to show what I think (for now) is the optimum path. I think SoA is a bit of a slog, but I'll add it to the list of runs to measure. The problem with CoW for my play style is that I have to go back for whatever treasure dropped which isn't efficient.

@Toot- I plan on running multiples of the timed runs, especially when I change gear or find new tricks. I'm at the point where I'm ready for my 'perfect' rings, so my current focus is mainly gemstones, and I think there's other players in the same position who can benefit from these tests. XP is just a bonus component, as are legendaries. Of course, the XP curve is a pain for comparison, but at CL 150 I'm getting at least 1 segment of the meter per TT run.... It would be nice if the game had a number for XP so I could do a better comparison.

@Wolna- see above statement about XP.... However, I'll argue the point that regardless of the % XP gear anyone has, it'll still be the same gain comparison. If a level has the opportunity of 15% more XP than a comparable gemstone level for the 60 minutes, I'll take the extra XP because I'm trying to grind efficiently.

Leave a comment:

• Woina
    replied
    You cant compare CL gains.
    Some ppl run with 0% bonus exp while others wear 600%.
    The only thing that makes sense is gems per run.

Leave a comment:

• toot
    replied
    Good to see someone taking the initiative and time to do this analysis.
    However, by doing a single run or two is not good enough to really see the results.
    If possible, try to make it 10 or more runs under the same gear, stats and condition.
    The more runs the better.

This is what I have in mind...

The Temple (Difficulty: Normal) (Time limit: 1 hour/run) (Same gear & stats):
    1st run: 101 Gemstones, 5 epics, 1 legendary, 1.9 CL
    2nd run: ... Gemstones, ... epics, ... leg, ... CL
    3rd run: ... Gemstones, ... epics, ... leg, ... CL
    ...th run: ...
    ...th run: ....
    19th run: ...
    20th run: ...
    Average for The Temple (normal difficulty): xxx Gemstones, xxx epics, xxx legendaries, xxx CL

And with exact stats and gear, do the same for other maps of interest.

I'm not very keen in comparing the CL gains for I fear the results weren't as accurate as you might think.
    The experience needed from Champion Level 100 going to 101 may not be the same for 101 to 102, and so on.

Leave a comment:

• abc127
    replied
    Good stuff! I think a few levels could show up as quality, regardless of total efficiency. Couple thoughts,aside from where else we could do this

1. I'd be curious to see the CoW 2-3 mob view. I know I clear XP faster there than SM, but don't get quite the same gemstones.

2. How are you running Temple? I've tried it several times since it's come up recently, but it's always low value for me. I rarely get purple, except the boss, not sure I've ever gotten a legendary, and honestly, except for the last room, I don't even like playing.... But I go straight through the middle.

3. Just because I've seen it come up, I started running straight line Siege of Anderhelm. I think it will end up losing in both gemstones and CLs, but you sure can kill a lot.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X