No announcement yet.

Gemstone farming comparison

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The path you took is much neater than the last time. Thumbs up for that!

Originally posted by Rathmon View Post
    With commentary!
    I try hard not to chuckle a lot coz it make me look weird in front of my parents.
    DONT MESS WITH 7007

Comment

I just ran something like 3 hours of runs... TT Normal vs TT Heroic vs TBD Normal.

Will have some pics and analysis up tomorrow. Think a new video will be made as well. No promises, but.... wow.
      POPO ROBA NODE 1088

Sarcasm is my weapon of choice. It's like aiming a nuke. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by toot View Post
        The path you took is much neater than the last time. Thumbs up for that!

I try hard not to chuckle a lot coz it make me look weird in front of my parents.
        Forgot to thank you for that- you were the one who said to try without going up/down at the first corridor. Thanks sooo much for the suggestion!!
        POPO ROBA NODE 1088

Comment

Video of my method of TBD run is now up in first post. Caution, may contains Legendaries!

If any body has a suggestion for another level that offers good gemstone drops, let me know and I'll run it for analysis!
          POPO ROBA NODE 1088

Comment

Final comparison is up in the first post. I did Reign of Fire, The Levanian Gardens, TBD Herioc, and TT.

There's nothing left for me to test that I know of, so this is the last set of timed runs that I'm doing. Thanks, and goodnight!
            POPO ROBA NODE 1088

Comment

Excellent job Rathmon. Your hard work is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Zudd View Post
                +1

When are you planning to mash it up on Legendary? These comparisons would be interesting vs Normal and Heroic.
                Agem VOYA QETO XAYE 7821

Comment

Originally posted by Zudd View Post
                  I concur. That's a lot of time to spend, and it's really interesting and useful results.
                  VOWO TOSO QEME 4656

Comment

Interesting results!
                    Thanks for taking the time to do this but I do hope you can make an analysis on every map in Legendary mode, when Act 4 comes out.
                    One day you can become a great statistician!
                    DONT MESS WITH 7007

Comment

I assume he ain't doing it in Legendary because of the time needed for cleaning (specially with BH). I do the TBD runs in legendary at CL 205 and it takes me slightly more than on heroic, but i get roughly 3 exp bars per run in comparison with the 2 I get in Heroic.

Comment

I'll still be doing some testing, but unless I find something of note I won't post about it.

As far as Legendary runs- I've not yet finished Act2 and I'm really not in a hurry to do so. BH would take forever to clear, IMHO, so I doubt the gem drops would make it worth the time. Maybe after the new update, and if the devs fix the admitted bug for BH Smokescreen, then I'll give it a try.

Really looking forward to testing new combos when smoke works as intended. Until then, I'm working on getting all skills to 10 and just grinding for my perfect rings.
                        POPO ROBA NODE 1088

Comment

This is terrific info. Thanks Rathmon. Have you looked at CoM? I have done some short 15 minute runs at normal and I get more exp and gold at Com that TT. The gems per minute are about the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                            This is terrific info. Thanks Rathmon. Have you looked at CoM? I have done some short 15 minute runs at normal and I get more exp and gold at Com that TT. The gems per minute are about the same.
                            Thanks.

And which CoM? Malador or Mawrth? I'm playing with Malador a little to see what my optimal path will be before I commit to running it for an hour straight.

PS, Though I started the tests on PC, I switched over to tablet/phone for rounds 3&4 as I found that movement speed, and the speed at which items get collected at end of level seem to be better than on laptop.
                            POPO ROBA NODE 1088

Comment

Malador. I did a 1 hour run with my warrior and this is what I got. I need to run TT and TBD with the same settings on my warrior so I can get a comaprison.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Malador.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	46983

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                                Malador. I did a 1 hour run with my warrior and this is what I got. I need to run TT and TBD with the same settings on my warrior so I can get a comaprison.
                                Robert, on Warrior I might recommend a different run, one I like better... Add Leap as a skill, go to the first northern room, and when you're on the right side, leap across the wall. From there, it's similar to Rathmon's run.
                                VOWO TOSO QEME 4656

Comment

Working...
                                X