X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hades0505
    replied
    Originally posted by GrauGeist

EIGHT seconds? It takes me a lot longer than that. What is your secret?
    At least 4 pieces of assault set, fleet footed as passive (instead of power infusion) and no minions. Right after tapping on start (I find mobile superior to PC in this case), tap on the middle uppermost part of the screen all the time until you get to Magroth, ignoring all the enemies on the way and just using them as a way to pull you faster to Magroth's "throne". Kill Magroth and the 3 sisters, (i find Rapid Fire more effective than snipe) and once they are dead cast smoke screen. Collect gemstones and abandon.

Leave a comment:

• Kizlyar
    replied
    Originally posted by adjacentengels View Post
    Those things only spawn if you enter the circle in front of the boss (the area bounded by the green). If you go around this area, skirt around the top or bottom wall, they will not spawn.
    Ahhh good to know lol. I'm not sure it's actually a bad thing to commit suicide though because while you wait for him to kill you in about 5 seconds you can usually pick off a good 10+ of the spawners leading to more gems and such. I'll have to experiment and try circling around to see if that saves me much time vs gems production.

Leave a comment:

• adjacentengels
    replied
    Originally posted by Kizlyar View Post
    I allow to kill me with his shield, then rez at 5-sec timer and zerg him down. The reason for this is because if you kill him right away the mobs that spawn continue to swarm a few at a time for a good 30 seconds, wasting your currency booster.
    Those things only spawn if you enter the circle in front of the boss (the area bounded by the green). If you go around this area, skirt around the top or bottom wall, they will not spawn.

Leave a comment:

• Kizlyar
    replied
    I've been farming TT and can manage 18 runs per 30-min currency booster which each yield on average about 1/8 of a Brilliant gem assuming no additional drop buffs (usually 2.3-ish Brilliants per 30-min booster). Whether this is good or not I've no clue as I'm new to the community and could not get other zones to produce anywhere near the same results.

There is certainly less burn-out doing runs of something that last a minute or so vs. the incredibly short runs of other zones as you end up using your currency booster more quickly overall.

My method is to hit the top path at the beginning for extra mobs but otherwise blast a straight path through to the final boss (making sure to kill everything along the way) which I allow to kill me with his shield, then rez at 5-sec timer and zerg him down. The reason for this is because if you kill him right away the mobs that spawn continue to swarm a few at a time for a good 30 seconds, wasting your currency booster. I've tried both methods and suiciding greatly increases the max runs I can do in 30 mins. Also, as a bonus the gold piles up in heaps and I can't craft enough jewelry to keep up with it all, not to mention a few legendary pieces here and there.

I almost always run these on legendary since it doesn't slow me down, but I'm not sure that allows for the most gems.

Leave a comment:

• hades0505
    replied
    Originally posted by Chosen View Post

Interesting. Are these clears or boss snipes? I am getting the impression that Legendary difficulty only makes a difference when you clear the map, as the boss loot is the same in both cases.
    My farming is also not exactly optimal; the only reason I cannot fit 30 runs in one booster, is because I do it on PC, where I need ~10 seconds in the end of each run, just to wait for the loot to fly back to my toon...
    Farming process is as follows: Boss zerg, Rapid fire, smoke screen, gemstone gathering and abandon. An optimal run should not take more than 8 seconds.
    Last edited by hades0505; 04-04-2018, 01:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chosen
    replied
    Originally posted by hades0505 View Post
    Chosen

this is from SoA on normal. I have still 9 minutes of the currency booster remaining.

EDIT: it is also far from being an optimal run. I mis-tapped a lot and wasted some seconds opening ad boxes.
    Interesting. Are these clears or boss snipes? I am getting the impression that Legendary difficulty only makes a difference when you clear the map, as the boss loot is the same in both cases.
    My farming is also not exactly optimal; the only reason I cannot fit 30 runs in one booster, is because I do it on PC, where I need ~10 seconds in the end of each run, just to wait for the loot to fly back to my toon...

Leave a comment:

• hades0505
    replied
    Chosen

this is from SoA on normal. I have still 9 minutes of the currency booster remaining.

EDIT: it is also far from being an optimal run. I mis-tapped a lot and wasted some seconds opening ad boxes.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Chosen
    replied
    Originally posted by Nhat View Post

I think the character change invalids the comparison, there's a big difference in DPS, which means you're likely to be finishing the level quicker, even on Legendary. Maybe...

Have you tried your main on Normal? Only way to acurately compare is if the difficulty was the only difference.
    No, my main toon goes through Legendary just like my XP toon goes through Normal. I don't need to shoot anything for a 2nd time, I don't need to aim really at mobs, I only have to aim roughly towards the direction of the next pack of mobs and BH's Pierce passive does the rest of the work in aggroing everything on the screen. The bottleneck in both cases is my movement speed.

Leave a comment:

• remke
    replied
    Didn't know that was a newer thread, when I do more runs Ill be sure to post an update there.

Leave a comment:

• Nhat
    replied
    True, all good, the more data we have, the better

Maybe combining the results in the new discussion thread might help - there are some numbers for Normal vs Legendary there too.

Leave a comment:

• remke
    replied
    Yes the efficiency in clear time will impact the drops, but that statistic won't help in determining whether the drop is the same in normal as it is in legendary difficulty.

While I do agree that a single run means close to nothing, and more runs should be made, I think that first we would have to determine if mobs on legendary difficulty have a higher chance of dropping gems or not.

If the chance is the same, then the obvious choice is to only do normals, as they will always be the fastest. However, if the drop chance is higher on legendary difficulty then we can further calculate the efficiency with run time included. Hopefully providing everyone with time brackets for each difficulty required for each run to easily choose the difficulty that is the most efficient for you.

EDIT: All I am trying to say is that it is a lot more useful to determine if an increase in difficulty affects drop rate, than it is to calculate the most efficient run for a single player.
    Last edited by remke; 04-03-2018, 10:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nhat
    replied
    Wouldn't the efficiency impacts the drops? Let's say there are 100 monster in the map, and there's a 5% chance for a gemstone drop from each of them. Wouldn't being able to clear the map quicker makes a different to the "possible" number of gemstones you can get. You're still get a 5% chance for each monster you kill, but "rolling" that chance 200 times is still better than rolling it 100 times. (Purely made up numbers to illustrate the example)

Unfortunately, due to the "chance/RNG" nature of the drop, you'll need to do a lot of runs to get a real comparison figure - since you could have "got lucky" for one of the run. There's nothing saying that you wouldn't have gotten similar results had you did the 2nd run on Normal as well...

Edit:
    I'm not saying that there's "no difference for difficulties", since I don't have any sort of numbers to back that up either. Just trying to clarify the results...

Leave a comment:

• remke
    replied
    That would only count toward efficiency of running on normal or legendary, I think that he was simply stating that the drop rate is higher, contrary to claims of the drop rate being the same.

You could compare it to my runs, hi got 27% more gems per run, even with a single run to compare I feel thats too big of a difference to count as a deviation. Even with the difference in stats, only the booster influences drop rates, so all other stats play no role in drop rate per run.

Leave a comment:

• Nhat
    replied
    Originally posted by Chosen View Post
    For the 2nd booster, I switched to my main DPS BH (almost double damage compared to my XP BH) and decided to do the same runs in Legendary difficulty.
    I think the character change invalids the comparison, there's a big difference in DPS, which means you're likely to be finishing the level quicker, even on Legendary. Maybe...

Have you tried your main on Normal? Only way to acurately compare is if the difficulty was the only difference.

Leave a comment:

• remke
    replied
    Not sure if this will help anyone, but I just did my first 30min run with +200% booster. I used a +100% booster earlier today but I havent kept the track of gems and time, but it was my first run so I needed some time to figure out the fastest way anyways.

So my stats are

I have a cape with pretty bad roll tho, so I could have been more efficient with a better one

Im only CL 386 so theres a lot more room for improvement.

My abilities are:

Fleet footed - level 1
    Blink - level 7
    Blizzard - level 8
    Singularity - level 8
    Arc Lightning - level 8
    (other ones don't make a difference)
    I could have added Intense training for even more AR, but I only have 2 passive slots and its only level 1

I only had 4 Arcanist set pieces, the set doesn't really matter if you're running on normal, I just focused on max MS and as much AR as possible, I didn't have AR in only few items, and my jewelry is not very good so there is a lot of room for improvement.

Without reading the post above I figured normal gives just as many gems as legendary does.

My runs were around 75 seconds, but I got a bit slower at the end and only did 23 runs in 30 minutes, with a bit more practice I could go for 25+. I just have to make a few runs without the boost to figure out when to use which spells to be as efficient as possible. I'm not sure how much CD can you actually have due to diminishing, but even 5% more would mean a lot, plus a cape with 100AR stacks should give me around 3% more I think.

I ended up with 4.84 Trillion gems, a bit under 5. The user above me said he ended up with around 8 with 1 minute runs, being 30.4% more efficient (If he ended up with 30 runs exactly) he finished with 60% more gems. So with only these stats legendary runs are 27% more efficient. (of course, a lot more runs are needed for accurate data)

I could increase my MS a bit more with higher level passives and AR by a lot with better gear, level 10 passive and higher CL, but I would have to sacrifice my damage and doubtfully be able to run on legendary, much less one shot everything. Depending on the difference on heroic it might be better for runs. But as a beginner, I feel normals are better than legendary. Of course, I would have to test it first, but my runs would have to be under 95 seconds to be more beneficial, which I doubt.

Ill try to keep track of all my runs to collect more data, hopefully an exact time for every difficulty could be calculated so everyone can easily know which difficulty suits them best. Ill try to set up a perfect run for my current stats as well if that could help anyone, I feel like with a bit of luck finding MS boots and legs, as well as a decent gear with AR, new players could get similar stats easily, I only needed few days for this (counting leveling to 70).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X