Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Item Crafting Guide

Introduction:
    I've seen several people asking about item crafting, so I thought I would write up a quick guide on how to do it and what results you can expect. Note that this information may not be relevant for too long as there is supposed to be a change to crafting coming in some future update. But this will help explain the process until those changes are implemented.

First of all, this guide does not cover Crafting or Fusing jewelry (rings and amulets). Jewelry uses a completely different mechanic and Nhat is working on an extensive guide for jewelry, so use that if you want rings or amulets.

Almost everything below is related to level 70 equipment. Because the results are so random and it takes so long to craft a piece of equipment, it is strongly recommended that you do not worry about crafting until level 70, otherwise, by the time your craft finishes you will have far outgrown it and it will be worthless to you. Crafting takes 24 hours to complete, three ingredient pieces of equipment, and some gold.

How to Initiate Crafting:
    In order to craft a new piece of equipment, you will need three ingredient pieces of equipment that will be sacrificed to create the new piece. The three ingredient pieces will be consumed during the crafting process so do not use any equipment that you want to continue using or saving. When you are ready, have the three ingredient pieces in your hero's personal inventory (not in the common Stash). When you are on your hero's inventory screen, there are four buttons along the far right side; the icon with the anvil and hammer is for equipment crafting. Click that icon to enter the Crafting screen. Then click on the Tap Here icon.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Craft2.PNG Views:	1 Size:	105.7 KB ID:	82352

You can craft any non-jewelry type of equipment (all weapons, armor types, and capes) that your hero can equip. The item that is crafted will be class-specific, just like if it dropped from a monster or chest. So swords, maces, axes can be used by mages and warriors, guns can only be used by bounty hunters, a mage's pants can only be used by a mage, etc. Capes can be used by any class. These are not all of the examples of class-specific or class-sharing items, just a couple of examples. On this screen, select the type of item you want to craft (this example is for a mage).
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Craft3.PNG Views:	1 Size:	79.3 KB ID:	82353

On the next screen, drag and drop your three ingredients into the three open slots at the top of the Crafting screen. The game will then give you information about the item that will be crafted. In the example screen below, the crafted item will be level 14 and is guaranteed to have Ability Rate as one of its attributes. The item has a 90% chance of being Rare, a 9% chance of being Epic, and a 1% chance of being Legendary (these rates may be different for different item levels). In addition to sacrificing your three ingredient pieces, you will also have to pay 140 gold to craft the item. The gold cost appears to be 10 times the level of the crafted item (level 14 * 10 = 140; a level 70 item will cost 700 gold).
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Craft6.PNG Views:	1 Size:	92.4 KB ID:	82354

Selecting your ingredients:
    While crafting is largely random, the ingredients you select will have some impact on the resulting crafted item. You will select three items as your ingredients, and they will contribute to the outcome with their level, their quality (rarity), and possibly in a limited way, their attributes. Ingredients cannot be rings, amulets, Set items, Named items, or Living items. Similarly, the crafted item will not be any of those special types of items. Ingredients do not need to be the same type of item that you want to craft (you don't have to use swords to craft a sword). Ingredients do not need to be usable by your hero (mages can use guns as ingredients).

Level Impact:
    The level of the crafted item depends on the levels of the three ingredients. From a very limited amount of testing, the level of the crafted item appears to be the average of the levels of the three ingredients plus 2. If any of the ingredient pieces are the same item type as what you are crafting, you will get a bonus of +1 level per matching ingredient. For example, if you are crafting a cloak and two of your ingredients are cloaks, the resulting item level will include a +2 bonus. As with all other methods of obtaining items, the maximum level of a crafted item is 70. Even if you use three level 70 ingredients of the same type the crafted item will still be level 70.
    LCRAFT = 2 + Bonus + (LI1 + LI2 + LI3)/3 [max 70]

Quality Impact:
    The crafted item can be Uncommon, Rare, Epic, or Legendary depending on the ingredients used. The better your ingredients, the better the resulting crafted item will be. If you use higher quality ingredients your chances of a higher quality result improve. If you use three Legendary ingredients then you have 100% chance of a Legendary result. You can see how the odds change based on ingredient quality level in the examples below.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Craft7.PNG Views:	1 Size:	94.2 KB ID:	82355Click image for larger version  Name:	Craft8.PNG Views:	1 Size:	95.9 KB ID:	82356Click image for larger version  Name:	Craft9.PNG Views:	1 Size:	94.6 KB ID:	82357

Attribute Impact:
    Normal rules about item attributes apply to crafted items.
    • What attributes an item can have are the same (only boots and leggings can have Movement Speed, for example).
    • The range of each attribute is the same (Power, Haste, AR, CR, Vitality are all 70 - 90, etc).
    • The number of attributes an item will have is based on its quality level (Common=0, Uncommon=1, Rare=2, Epic=3, Legendary=4).
    The attributes on the crafted item and the value of each attribute are random with one exception; if all of your ingredients share a common attribute, that attribute will be on the crafted item. In the examples above, the first two show dice in the Attribute block. In those examples, the ingredient items did not share an attribute so there was no guaranteed attribute on the resulting item. In the third example, the Attribute block says Ability Rate; all three of those items have AR so the resulting item will have AR as a stat. The value of AR on each item doesn't matter; the AR stat on the crafted item will be a random roll.

Sometimes all three items will share more than one attribute. In this case the game will select one of the shared attributes (it will not guarantee more than one attribute on the crafted item). If the attribute the game selects isn't the stat you wanted on the crafted item, you may get a different result if you change the order of the ingredient items. Look at the two examples below, using the same three items.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Craft11.PNG Views:	1 Size:	96.1 KB ID:	82359Click image for larger version  Name:	Craft12.PNG Views:	1 Size:	94.8 KB ID:	82360

Comparing the attributes on the gun and the cape, there is an interesting difference.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Craft13.PNG Views:	1 Size:	133.9 KB ID:	82361Click image for larger version  Name:	Craft14.PNG Views:	1 Size:	83.0 KB ID:	82362

The gun has the Power attribute above the CR attribute while the cape has them in the other order. It doesn't seem to always work, but when the game has to select between multiple shared attributes, it seems to favor the highest attribute in the left-most ingredient. By moving the cape to the left slot, the attribute on the crafted item switched to CR.

Summary:
    • Crafting takes 24 hours to complete
    • Crafting requires you to sacrifice three ingredient pieces (not rings, amulets, Set items, Named items, or Living items)
    • Ingredients do not need to be usable by your hero
    • Crafting requires some gold (crafted item level * 10)
    • You can select the type of item to craft
    • The type of item you craft is not dependent upon the types of ingredients you use
    • The item crafted can only be a type that your hero can use
    • The item crafted will not be Named, Living, or a Set
    • The ingredient levels and type will determine the crafted level
    • The ingredient quality (rarity) will determine the probability of crafted quality
    • The base armor or damage of the item will be random and will not be affected by the ingredients
    • The ingredients may guarantee one attribute that will exist on the crafted item
    • All attributes on the crafted item will be random (unless one is guaranteed)
    • The value of all attributes will be random (the ingredients have no impact on the attribute values of the crafted item)
    • Due to crafting taking 24 hours and the results being random, it is recommended that you only craft with level 70 Legendary ingredients
    • Because Sets and Integralas Mantles provide such significant benefits, most people will only craft weapons (some also craft shields and tomes, but those also have useful Named versions)

Revision History:
    22-Jan-2018: Initial Release
    22-Jan-2018: Added bullets about recommendations at the end of the Summary
    02-Feb-2018: Added bonus levels for matching item type, thanks to Nhat
    Last edited by adjacentengels; 02-02-2018, 06:26 PM.

Reserving 2nd post in case it is needed.

Comment

Am I missing the fact that I'm wondering if after crafting 3 lets say helms the result will be high stats? yes no???
      Novex WARRIOR LEVEL 70 , CHAMPION LEVEL = 885
      EXP Build I'm using at the moment:
      Damage = 332k
      Toughness = 313k
      Recovery = 75k
      EXP 808%
      Add me + Join in Discord !!
      TUMU DOMA NEGU 3613

Comment

Originally posted by Novex View Post
        Am I missing the fact that I'm wondering if after crafting 3 lets say helms the result will be high stats? yes no???
        • The value of all attributes will be random (the ingredients have no impact on the attribute values of the crafted item)
        The results are random. You might get 70 power, you might get 90 power. You might get an average damage of 1300 and you might get an average damage of 1395. You might get a near perfect item on your first craft and you might get nothing but trash for 978 items in a row. There is nothing you can do to guarantee high stat values.

Comment

Ah ok thank you for clarifying I truly appreciate it my friend.
          Novex WARRIOR LEVEL 70 , CHAMPION LEVEL = 885
          EXP Build I'm using at the moment:
          Damage = 332k
          Toughness = 313k
          Recovery = 75k
          EXP 808%
          Add me + Join in Discord !!
          TUMU DOMA NEGU 3613

Comment

The best thing you can write is DO NOT BOTHER.

Crafting is dead due to the events. When you can get a gift box of custom Legendary with near perfect stats?

Screw the ridiculous 24 hour timer on crafting a shite... And I mean SHITE legendary. Just wait for the next event, run enough levels and trials to get what you need and then go from there.
            POPO ROBA NODE 1088

Sarcasm is my weapon of choice. It's like aiming a nuke. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

The crafting time is not a static 24h timer, it scales up just like nearly everything else. Therefore, it is not entirely useless to craft before level 70 as you have suggested.

I can't provide you with specific time amounts since all my characters are near lv70 and have sold all their low level gear, but I did some early crafting on my event hero and it did help with the initial climb.

The timer for low level stuff is as little as a few minutes, then it goes to around an hour, a few hours, all the way up to 24h for level 70 gear. While it won't be game-altering benefits for the most part, it can help with filling in that pesky weapon slot that wont seem to drop anything good, or if you plan on taking a break for a little while it can get you a head start for when you come back.
              ANB#3 Mage rank #91 TL95
              Exclusively mobile player

Comment

Originally posted by Rathmon View Post
                So then what? Trash all of the non-named, non-set items?

Comment

Originally posted by GrauGeist View Post
                  Yes

Comment

Originally posted by GrauGeist View Post
                    I was crafting guns and swords. I got several with good damage (1380+) and decent stats that were at the time improvements over my current weapons. I found many, many, many more useless items. But it was worth it for a while. Now my gear is good enough that I don't bother crafting (especially with a named gun finally), but it was worthwhile for a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Rathmon View Post
                      Not much more needed to say. Until they revamp the crafting system, trying to improve gear by crafting is pointless, moreover with the celestial and legendary boxes.

Comment

I am having no luck trying to find out how gems can be combined to make better gems! Can someone point me in the right direction?

Comment

Originally posted by tdkg View Post
                          I am having no luck trying to find out how gems can be combined to make better gems! Can someone point me in the right direction?
                          See this: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...do-i-fuse-gems
                          Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 10 Aug 2018)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Working...
                          X