X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mattks1
    replied
    Originally posted by Rytrik View Post

This is incorrect. You CAN use both the currency booster AND Exp booster at the same time. You just cannot have multiple levels of the SAME type of booster going at once.

Please correct both instances of this error in your post.
    Thanks for letting me know. I was an aware of this and will update it as you stated.

Leave a comment:

• Rytrik
    replied
    Originally posted by mattks1 View Post
    [*]Purchase and apply a Exp Booster (if you have enough gems and desire more Experience gains) Note: You can use Currency Booster or Exp Booster but not both at the same time.
    This is incorrect. You CAN use both the currency booster AND Exp booster at the same time. You just cannot have multiple levels of the SAME type of booster going at once.

Edit for clarity: The highest level booster will overwrite the lower levels. Activating another booster of the same level will extend the duration of the current booster. Eg a 100% booster will overwrite a 50% booster. But you cannot overwrite a stronger booster with a weaker one.

Please correct both instances of this error in your post.

Edit:
    Last edited by Rytrik; 02-15-2018, 07:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mattks1
    replied
    Originally posted by Coldet View Post
    For the past two days, I've focused on SoA as my location for the daily quests. Only killing straight up the line then nuking Magroth for the gems. About 10 fast runs is adequate to fill all the quests except the toads. Funny thing tho is that I generally end up with 40 ninja toads and simply need to top up at Marcus.
    I think the ninja toads in SoA are the enemy Casters. They can be even more annoying in higher TL's when in Elite Groups.

Leave a comment:

• Coldet
    replied
    For the past two days, I've focused on SoA as my location for the daily quests. Only killing straight up the line then nuking Magroth for the gems. About 10 fast runs is adequate to fill all the quests except the toads. Funny thing tho is that I generally end up with 40 ninja toads and simply need to top up at Marcus.

Leave a comment:

• adjacentengels
    replied
    I have received both an Intagrals Mantle and a Stalker Set Gear Item one time on Misty Island. Granted, the chances of that happening will be never again, but it still has the best drops in story mode as far as set items, if you do not have enough time to do Trial Levels that often and underpowered. I agree it is vastly outclassed by TL80+, but if your no were near that level, its a good option. I think you might of already said that in so many words
    I didn't go into the justification for it, but yes, I agree that Misty is worthwhile for someone with limited time and I included it in the priority just below doing daily quests. I did add a parenthetical caveat, but that was because some higher level players say doing Misty is useless and you get better drops from Trials. And while that is true, it is not applicable to this guide since someone who only has a few minutes to play probably can't farm T80+ quickly, if at all. So yes, do Misty because, for the targeted audience of this guide, it is probably where they will get most of their good gear.

Leave a comment:

• mattks1
    replied
    I have received both an Intagrals Mantle and a Stalker Set Gear Item one time on Misty Island. Granted, the chances of that happening will be never again, but it still has the best drops in story mode as far as set items, if you do not have enough time to do Trial Levels that often and underpowered. I agree it is vastly outclassed by TL80+, but if your no were near that level, its a good option. I think you might of already said that in so many words

Leave a comment:

• mattks1
    replied
    Originally posted by adjacentengels View Post
    We're in the process of gathering data to determine the new optimal farming method. Looks like SoA may indeed end up the winner but there are still a few options close enough to warrant additional investigation.

https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...iscussions-wip
    I am glad then that I got to take advantage of Severed Mountain before it got nerfed. It did help me craft a Perfect Jewlery Set and a Intermediate Radiant Exp/DPS set.

Leave a comment:

• adjacentengels
    replied
    Is The Siege of Anderhelm the new Gemstone Farming area now then, since it is a fairly short route to Magroth or just killing bosses in Trial Level?
    We're in the process of gathering data to determine the new optimal farming method. Looks like SoA may indeed end up the winner but there are still a few options close enough to warrant additional investigation.

Leave a comment:

• mattks1
    replied
    I edited the guide to state that Gemstone Packages were for if you want to craft jewelry with gemstones.

Leave a comment:

• mattks1
    replied
    I think you need to re-read what I wrote because I didn't say anything you're responding to. I never said this guide should recommend farming gemstones. I never mentioned SM or any other farming location. I never mentioned a gemstone booster. What I said was this:

I said you should buy gemstone packs, but only when you actually need them, not do it every day you login.

Also, since 1.2.88, Magroth doesn't drop gemstones anymore so I wouldn't have recommended that location for farming even had I recommended farming in the first place. Which I didn't.
    Is The Siege of Anderhelm the new Gemstone Farming area now then, since it is a fairly short route to Magroth or just killing bosses in Trial Level?

Leave a comment:

• adjacentengels
    replied
    I think you need to re-read what I wrote because I didn't say anything you're responding to. I never said this guide should recommend farming gemstones. I never mentioned SM or any other farming location. I never mentioned a gemstone booster. What I said was this:
    You should not buy a gemstone pack every day you login. These are used situationally as you need gemstones (socketing or building jewelry); buy them when you need them not every day.
    I said you should buy gemstone packs, but only when you actually need them, not do it every day you login.

Also, since 1.2.88, Magroth doesn't drop gemstones anymore so I wouldn't have recommended that location for farming even had I recommended farming in the first place. Which I didn't.

Leave a comment:

• Humus
    replied
    Yes, I a do confirm that Severed Mountain with Currency Booster is hands down the most efficient and you know what you will get... 1 Brilliant for each stat in one hour using the 75gem Currency Booster. It takes a full hour though of grinding.
    The severed mountain was fixed, magroth no longer drops gemstones there when you kill him. I agree with you that buying the gemstone packs is a good idea but I also agree with adjacentengels that you can buy them when you need them, no need to buy them everyday.
    ​​​​​
    ​​​​

Leave a comment:

• mattks1
    replied
    I understand what you are trying to accomplish. I understand this is for a casual player who may not be as experienced with the game.

I think that some of what you wrote is wrong (like saying that you should buy a gemstone pack every day you login) and some of it could be written in a way to be more accessible, so I offered recommendations for how to improve your guide. You, and others, may not agree with my recommendations, and that is your, and their, prerogative.
    Yes, I a do confirm that Severed Mountain with Currency Booster is hands down the most efficient and you know what you will get... 1 Brilliant for each stat in one hour using the 75gem Currency Booster. It takes a full hour though of grinding. Gemstone packages are very expensive gem wise and random in what you can get in the package. In my opinion it is still useful in the case that someone wants to make intermediate jewelry with Radiant but does not have the time to play for longer periods. which the method in the guide I provided should get someone to that point fairly quickly.

Leave a comment:

• adjacentengels
    replied
    I might misinterpreting your quote , but this article was not meant to be a get to the top by doing minimal effort but giving one a better chance to get gemstones, gold, and gear on busy schedules. I also purposely made it simpler and easier to follow for newer players. I wrote this for the players on a busy spell and the causal player not concerned with being the best, but wanting to progress enough to be competitive over time (ie..2-3 months of 1-20min a day). On hind site, I should have included this in the guide. I also know that to a veterans that this guide is already a given and nothing should be stated about this topic and it is unqualified to be an official guide. This guide is what I have been doing and works for me when I am busy and others might have their ways to do things that works for them like doing the. Most cases, when I have time I just Grind EXP or Grind Gemstones for 1 hour in addition to what I listed above for the 10min routine. You might call me lazy, but reaching the top is just not a priority for me and most likely for most playing this game.If this can guide a more causal player like myself, then my guide might be helpful for those who feel the same and myself.
    I understand what you are trying to accomplish. I understand this is for a casual player who may not be as experienced with the game.

I think that some of what you wrote is wrong (like saying that you should buy a gemstone pack every day you login) and some of it could be written in a way to be more accessible, so I offered recommendations for how to improve your guide. You, and others, may not agree with my recommendations, and that is your, and their, prerogative.

Leave a comment:

• mattks1
    replied
    I vote that it not be moved to the guides section currently.

If you have less than five minutes to play a day as your steady-state condition (meaning it isn't due to a temporary situation like vacation or something) then you will never progress to a meaningful level in the game and should not worry about gemstone packs and the like. Play causally a run or two and don't worry about anything else. Even looking at gear at the end of a Story Mode map would use up most of your playing time. If you only have a few minutes, you need to spend as much of that time doing the enjoyable part of the game as possible and leave everything else alone.

You should not buy a gemstone pack every day you login. These are used situationally as you need gemstones (socketing or building jewelry); buy them when you need them not every day.

If you are only playing a few minutes a day you don't need to buy boosters every day. The intent is good, but it would be better to phrase it as "always have an XP booster active, if you can afford it, when running trials or Legendary Story Mode maps"; the purpose isn't to purchase every day but to have it active as much as possible.

In order to not waste your booster while getting daily quests, it would be worth having one hero to do the daily quests and another for Misty and Trials. For the quests, you want to get them done as quickly as possible, so will probably do it on Normal, which will not net you good XP even with a booster, so better to use the limited booster activation time as efficiently as possible.

Personally I would reorder this into a single list in order of priority for the day, starting with things that are limited in time or scope. So start with collecting the 100 gems from the 30-day package, then perform daily quests, then do Misty (I know a lot of high end players don't do Misty anymore but for the targeted audience it will be a good reward vs. time investment). I would rank daily quests above Misty, but that's a personal preference. Since they probably won't have a lot of legendaries lying around crafting is a bit lower on the priority; again you want to spend as much time as possible doing the enjoyable part of the game. Finally your instructions for running a couple XP Trials or one higher level Trial.

Within the list you could add lines where time-cutoffs are appropriate. So after the first 1-2 lines add a line saying you can do it in ~1 minute a day, then after daily quests or Misty a line saying can be completed in ~5 minutes, etc. Since the list for a given time period is everything in the preceding list plus a little more, I think having one list would let people work down in order of priority until they are out of time.
    I might misinterpreting your quote , but this article was not meant to be a get to the top by doing minimal effort but giving one a better chance to get gemstones, gold, and gear on busy schedules. I also purposely made it simpler and easier to follow for newer players. I wrote this for the players on a busy spell and the causal player not concerned with being the best, but wanting to progress enough to be competitive over time (ie..2-3 months of 1-20min a day). On hind site, I should have included this in the guide. I also know that to a veterans that this guide is already a given and nothing should be stated about this topic and it is unqualified to be an official guide. This guide is what I have been doing and works for me when I am busy and others might have their ways to do things that works for them like doing the. Most cases, when I have time I just Grind EXP or Grind Gemstones for 1 hour in addition to what I listed above for the 10min routine. You might call me lazy, but reaching the top is just not a priority for me and most likely for most playing this game.If this can guide a more causal player like myself, then my guide might be helpful for those who feel the same and myself.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X