(Yet another) CL optimizer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Yet another) CL optimizer

For those who don't want to mess with Excel, here's an easy to use one.
    How to use: reset your Offense tab, open your detailed stats and copy over the required values. Then click GO.
    In addition to optimal point distribution, it also shows how much damage% you get from that stat, to help optimize your gear.

https://codepen.io/Rivx/full/VQjebY/

DISCLAIMER:
    This only optimizes your weapon DPS, which should translate directly to primary attacks. It does not take into account different abilities or alacrity procs. Depending on how highly you value haste, this can be completely useless.
    Last edited by Rivx; 02-26-2018, 09:19 AM.
    ZOKU NUBO DEXI 5675

What am I doing wrong? I have a BH, put in my stats after resetting the points, and it tells me to put all in power after filling the cr and CD but if I put 190 in haste I get a couple thousand more damage
    Edit: Even if this doesn't give perfect results I still think it's better than telling a new player to read through a thread that's really long

​​​​​​TRAVIS I vote this moved to the guides section
    Last edited by Humus; 02-18-2018, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Fix it first, then possibly consider it for a 'guide'.
      VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381
      Gethi, mage, & Kisheli, XP mage

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post
        Fix it first, then possibly consider it for a 'guide'.
        Even if it's not perfect, most players aren't aiming for that and this will still get them more damage than what they currently have

Comment

It's not an optimizer if it doesn't optimize ... ?
          VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381
          Gethi, mage, & Kisheli, XP mage

Comment

Nice work, definitely easier to use than the spreadsheet.

Noticed the issue with the Attack Speed calculation - you're not taking into account the Synergy Bonus, also no Dual Wield option.
            Attack Speed: 5.00
            - No bonus at all => 2000 Haste (what the optimizer shows)
            - Synergy 8% => 1531.3 Haste
            - 3 archers => 902.4 Haste, the optimizer shows 807

Back calculate, no synergy and dual wield: (1 + 6 * H / (H + 1000)) * 1.3
            Latest discussions and calculations

1. 902.4
            => (1 + 6 * 902.4 / (902.4 + 1000)) * 1.3
            => (1 + 5414.4 / 1902.4) * 1.3
            => (1 + 2.84609) * 1.3
            => 3.84609 * 1.3
            => 4.99992 (rounds to 5, so close enough)

2. 807
            => (1 + 6 * 807 / (807 + 1000)) * 1.3
            => (1 + 4842 / 1807) * 1.3
            => (1 + 2.67958) * 1.3
            => 3.67958 * 1.3
            => 4.78345 (rounds to 4.78, not enough)

(just trying to help fix the issue, your time and effort is appreciated)

Edit:
            From CP Distribution Spreadsheet - just trying to help, feel free to use/ignore/improve/etc.
            - N18 => 100% or 130% if Dual Wielding
            - O18 => 100% + Synergy + 10% * Archers
            - P18 => {Hero's Attack Speed} / N18 / O18 (this is the base attack speed back calculate Haste from)

Haste = 1000 * ( P18 - 1 ) / ( 6 - ( P18 - 1 ) )
            Last edited by Nhat; 02-19-2018, 02:46 AM.
            Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 10 Aug 2018)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Oh yeah I forgot about synergy when making it, which in turn got me the wrong bonus for archers. Same with dual wield, I only have mages

Fixed now, thanks for the info.
              Last edited by Rivx; 02-19-2018, 11:00 AM.
              ZOKU NUBO DEXI 5675

Comment

Originally posted by Rivx View Post
                Oh yeah I forgot about synergy when making it, which in turn got me the wrong bonus for archers. Same with dual wield, I only have mages

Fixed now, thanks for the info.
                Yeah, I used it and got put everything in CAR and then CD. You fixed it (wow quick on that, thanks!) And it dropped what it wants in CAR by 30 pts to put in haste. And WOW the difference of just those 30 pts....
                Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
                Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
                see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
                and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
                It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

Thanks for the optimizer, but sadly it doesn't work that well... Trying a different combo than suggested gave me a better DPS result.

Comment

Originally posted by c0rp1 View Post
                    Thanks for the optimizer, but sadly it doesn't work that well... Trying a different combo than suggested gave me a better DPS result.
                    It is intended for higher CLs (>1k). I have yet to find a better combo than the recommended by each input. Be sure you have filled every field properly and that you didn't swap any piece of gear in between.

Comment

Originally posted by hades0505 View Post

It is intended for higher CLs (>1k). I have yet to find a better combo than the recommended by each input. Be sure you have filled every field properly and that you didn't swap any piece of gear in between.
                      Yep, using it for higher CL. Didn't swap a gear, double checked all the stats. It's definitely a lot easier to use than the spreadsheet method, but sadly, not as reliable.

Comment

Yep, using it for higher CL. Didn't swap a gear, double checked all the stats. It's definitely a lot easier to use than the spreadsheet method, but sadly, not as reliable.
                        If you don't mind, could you please post your attributes (without CP allocated) and then the allocation that got the better DPS than what this solver suggests?

Finding out why it's not optimal and hopefully updating will help out others as well. Thanks.

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post

If you don't mind, could you please post your attributes (without CP allocated) and then the allocation that got the better DPS than what this solver suggests?

Finding out why it's not optimal and hopefully updating will help out others as well. Thanks.
                          Sure thing ! Attached are my stats with the Offense TAB reset (XP gear):

If I do as suggested, I get 779698 Damage. If I swap 40 Power points for 40 Haste points, I get 781896 DPS (I always aim for ~7.5 AS, 40 Haste points bring my AS from 7.2 to 7.44).

Comment

Sure thing ! Attached are my stats with the Offense TAB reset (XP gear):

If I do as suggested, I get 779698 Damage. If I swap 40 Power points for 40 Haste points, I get 781896 DPS (I always aim for ~7.5 AS, 40 Haste points bring my AS from 7.2 to 7.44).
                            Thanks for that, just want to confirm that you're NOT dual wielding?

Since if I have the Dual Wield box ticked, and set Power Infusion to 0 - the optimizer gives 719 for Power and 41 for Haste, which closely matches what you mentioned. Leaving Power Infusion at level 10 results in: 680 Power and 80 Haste for best DPS.

This optimizer works with the assumption that the bonus from Power Infusion is active, which technically is more accurate. Unlike the other passive abilities, the bonus is not reflected on the Hero's attribute, since it's conditional. But, going with gameplay data, you're likely to have it active most of the time anyway.

Will need to confirm if it's using the ingame damage calculation (using CD directly), or the proper one (using CD - 1) - going from existing discussions in the forum, I haven't tested this myself yet...

Edit:

Just tested your "40 Haste get 7.44" - this only works if you're Dual Wielding; without it the extra 40 Haste only get you to 7.27. (Sorry, but there doesn't seem to be an issue with this optimizer)
                            Last edited by Nhat; 02-23-2018, 04:23 PM.

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post

Thanks for that, just want to confirm that you're NOT dual wielding?

Since if I have the Dual Wield box ticked, and set Power Infusion to 0 - the optimizer gives 719 for Power and 41 for Haste, which closely matches what you mentioned. Leaving Power Infusion at level 10 results in: 680 Power and 80 Haste for best DPS.

This optimizer works with the assumption that the bonus from Power Infusion is active, which technically is more accurate. Unlike the other passive abilities, the bonus is not reflected on the Hero's attribute, since it's conditional. But, going with gameplay data, you're likely to have it active most of the time anyway.

Will need to confirm if it's using the ingame damage calculation (using CD directly), or the proper one (using CD - 1) - going from existing discussions in the forum, I haven't tested this myself yet...

Edit:

Just tested your "40 Haste get 7.44" - this only works if you're Dual Wielding; without it the extra 40 Haste only get you to 7.27. (Sorry, but there doesn't seem to be an issue with this optimizer)
                              This is on my BH ... do I need to tick the Dual Wield box? Thought that Dual Wield is only for Warriors?

Comment

Working...
                              X