Event Guide for Beginners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Purple Potato View Post
    I assume that also means that legendary mode is better for gold since book drops are quite valuable in terms of gold.
    Correct, but realistically speaking, I can't think of a scenario where someone who would have a strong enough event toon to comfortably farm Legendary Story mode would need the gold from selling a Greater book more than the actual 3-hour reduction that it provides.
    If you have already researched all your skills and even if you went past the 10/10/10 and got to the synergy level that you were aiming for, chances are that you are not starving for gold.
    Or, reversing the scenario, if your gold savings are so low that 2k gold from selling a book would make an impact, you're most likely at the start of the event and you wouldn't be getting that many books (not to mention that using them is far more desirable than selling them, at that stage).
    I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

Comment

It was posted that this guide was mage-centric. What would be changed to make it more friendly to warriors ( or bounty hunters)?
      It's Adventure Time!

Mobile Player

Wrath, warrior
      Fury, mage
      Death, bounty hunter

CUBI XUPI SAPA 6823

Comment

Good guide. Will definitely help whenever the next one comes around

Comment

Originally posted by Anorak View Post
          Good guide. Will definitely help whenever the next one comes around
          Oh, it just happened. You missed it. Sorry

It's Adventure Time!

Mobile Player

Wrath, warrior
          Fury, mage
          Death, bounty hunter

CUBI XUPI SAPA 6823

Comment

Originally posted by Finn the Human View Post

Oh, it just happened. You missed it. Sorry

Well f**k, how the utter hell did i miss it

Comment

Originally posted by Anorak View Post
              Well f**k, how the utter hell did i miss it
              He is joking, that is how.
              ANB #1- Mage Rank 17..... T107 in 9:47
              ANB #2- Mage Rank 1....... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 1........ T122 in 9:05.
              Live LB- XP Mage Rank 31. T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Event question: can I give the loot chests I get from my daily logins to my event hero in next Event, or do I just open them in off chance they have something legendary?
                Here to have fun

CL - 430
                Warrior -TL75
                Mage -TL74
                BH -TL75

All mobile.
                ( Yeah, the stats ain't impressive, but I'm working 50 hour weeks.)

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnytheKid View Post
                  Event question: can I give the loot chests I get from my daily logins to my event hero in next Event, or do I just open them in off chance they have something legendary?
                  The ANB event Hero does not have access to anything you currently have, other than Gems, so you can't give any of the chests you already have.

You can however, claim the daily rewards with your event hero during the event.

Items from those chests, except the Set one, are usually only good for new-ish heroes, I've been simply selling them all for a long time now.
                  Eternium Files - links and details

Eternium Guides:

Comment

So now I have to get to tl 80 on next event (my first). My main is only at tl 68, cl 469. I have put in over 20 hours, not sure how much, but way over 20 hours. It feels overwhelming lol.

ZENU XOGA HIFO 4271

Comment

So... I know how to play with warrior (TL80) and mage (TL80, farm). They say it's easier to get to the TL80 - in a short time - with a BH. The only one I do not know how to play. I'm lost...

Comment

Originally posted by GrauGeist

I have a pretty detailed guide for how to do this in my signature, focused on newer players

https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...eginning-event
                        Nice guide. Thank's, master!

In the next few hours before the event, I will meditate on my sovereign doubts: playing with a mage (I already know how it works) or with BH (who many said was better to reach the TL80).

Comment

Hi, I'm very new at the game (playing for 4 days) -- so here comes the question rain:

is TBD better than the temple for gem farming? (I read that temple is good somewhere on this forum)
                          You say "make sure you one-shot on normal", does that mean I'm supposed to farm normal, or just do better on heroic? -- I got 2 boosters I want to use

Jewelcrafting guides say "put brilliant gems in", shouldn't I be doing this for exp gear too?

I have a 85% exp epic necklace ready to go and am planning to get some big crit/crit dmg and either haste or power with it,
                          any suggestions you might add?

I'm currently at trial 50 with potential for more, 148k 66k 18k / 722%exp 6% cdr
                          am I underestimating ability rating or is it just preference?
                          YAGO YOYU LEBO 1407

Comment

Originally posted by Nervicii View Post
                            is TBD better than the temple for gem farming? (I read that temple is good somewhere on this forum)
                            You say "make sure you one-shot on normal", does that mean I'm supposed to farm normal, or just do better on heroic? -- I got 2 boosters I want to use
                            I think the latest information have it as SoA, rushing to boss, or TBD, clearing mobs as well, as the two choices for Gemstones farming - do both on Normal, data collected shows no differences in drop rates for higher difficulties, so might as well run the easiest one you can.

Jewelcrafting guides say "put brilliant gems in", shouldn't I be doing this for exp gear too?
                            If you have the gemstones, you're potentially gaining 8% for 3 times the cost (when compared to Trillions) - so probably not worth it, especially during the event, or even in normal game to be honest. All brilliants are for those with a lot of farming time and going for max pieces; (edit) this applies to ALL jewelry you're making, not just the exp set.

Edit: If you're referring to putting the gemstones in when fusing ONLY EXP pieces, then no - do not put any gemstones in at all. Probably need more context/example to give a proper answer, using gemstones for jewelry can get complicated...

I'm currently at trial 50 with potential for more, 148k 66k 18k / 722%exp 6% cdr
                            am I underestimating ability rating or is it just preference?
                            I believe you're underestimating Ability Rating, from forum posts and looking at the leaderboard, most of the damage done actually comes from the Utilities - therefore you want high Ability Rating to reduce cooldown to be able to casts them more frequently. Target value is generally 1500, minus whatever the 5 stack from the Integralas Mantle is, if you have it.

The passive ability giving attacks a chance to reduce active cooldowns has been named “Alacrity”. Alacrity now provides a 5% chance to lower the cooldowns (was 25%), but this chance is increased by Ability Rate (up to 30% at 1500 Ability Rate).
                            Last edited by Nhat; 07-17-2018, 12:07 AM.

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Thanks for all the information Nhat, very helpfull. SoA = siege of anderhelm?
                              I'm aiming for exp + stat + stat + stat so no, not pure exp. Though I think I already made a mistake there by not putting a gem in the fuse (3x rare lootbox necklace)
                              I think I'll pickup ability/ crit /crit dmg then -- unless I randomly get excellent power/haste stuff
                              YAGO YOYU LEBO 1407

Comment

Originally posted by Nervicii View Post
                                Thanks for all the information Nhat, very helpfull. SoA = siege of anderhelm?
                                Yep, also see the ANB3 gemstone farming - Zerg mode topic.

I'm aiming for exp + stat + stat + stat so no, not pure exp. Though I think I already made a mistake there by not putting a gem in the fuse (3x rare lootbox necklace)
                                I think I'll pickup ability/ crit /crit dmg then -- unless I randomly get excellent power/haste stuff
                                Might be a bit late, but see my post on using the Custom Rare Jewelry boxes - might help, or add to confusion/frustration, sorry if it's the later.

If you're referring to your fusing of the 3 exp Rares from those boxes, then no, you did it correctly: no gemstones when fusing those 3 into the exp Epic - which gives you the 85% you noted in your original post, was also why I didn't mention it.

When you fuse to Legendary, don't forget to put a gemstone into the exp Epic - one of: ability/crit chance or power/haste, depending on what you want to boost for the Legendary...
                                Last edited by Nhat; 07-17-2018, 08:16 AM. Reason: break things up a bit.

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Working...
                                X