No announcement yet.

"New Beginning" Event Guide for Beginners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will check it out again, it's a lot to take in, must've read the newb topic about 10 times, too Thanks!
    YAGO YOYU LEBO 1407

Comment

Thought I'd share the result, I'm a bit dissapointed it's still rated "mediocre" but hey, it's done :-) (with trillion gems)
      YAGO YOYU LEBO 1407

Comment

Originally posted by Nervicii View Post
        Thought I'd share the result, I'm a bit dissapointed it's still rated "mediocre" but hey, it's done :-) (with trillion gems)
        Ignore the "Fusion Rating" - it only counts the total value for the attributes bonus, which is pretty much useless as soon as you fuse with an Attribute without Gemstones, ie. XP & CD

For reference, here's an almost max piece, only 1 point off max CR of 224, and it still only got a "Decent (36)" rating - not mine, from leaderboard
        Click image for larger version

Name:	almost max.png
Views:	1
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	107807
        Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 10 Aug 2018)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Any new events??

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post

Ignore the "Fusion Rating" - it only counts the total value for the attributes bonus, which is pretty much useless as soon as you fuse with an Attribute without Gemstones, ie. XP & CD

For reference, here's an almost max piece, only 1 point off max CR of 224, and it still only got a "Decent (36)" rating - not mine, from leaderboard
            Click image for larger version

Name:	almost max.png
Views:	1
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	107807
            i have a question about this ring, was this:

9x AR (+gems whenever possible)
            9x CR
            5x EXP
            4x CD

?

Comment

Originally posted by sutcliffe View Post

i have a question about this ring, was this:

9x AR (+gems whenever possible)
              9x CR
              5x EXP
              4x CD

?
              From memory, it's 9x XP, 9x AR, 5x CD, 4x CR - socket with AR when fusing Epics.

Will recheck and confirm later...

Edit: confirmed, as above, so using 15 Brilliant Amethysts and 9 Brilliant Topazes
              Last edited by Nhat; 08-15-2018, 11:06 AM.

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post

From memory, it's 9x XP, 9x AR, 5x CD, 4x CR - socket with AR when fusing Epics.

Will recheck and confirm later...

Edit: confirmed, as above, so using 15 Brilliant Amethysts and 9 Brilliant Topazes
                thanks, i was confused before :/

Comment

This looks like a guide only for one event, but there are multiple events with Eternium now. I recommend revising this guide to include a list of all the events and walkthroughs of each event. Alternatively, consider renaming this guide with a name specific to the one event and make other guides for the other events. Thank you for the work you put into this event. I think it is great.

Comment

Fixed.

Comment

I am a very new player (3 days?), and have been thinking of using this as a guide for how to level, since I'm in the situation as an ANB player (though I dont get the bonus), so thanks!

Is running trials the best way to get to 70? Or, is there a reason to run more of the story (I've already done enough to get the 3rd companion) before getting to 70 and getting some run speed, etc?

I've also followed a bunch of the other new start tips (getting other characters to 9 for dailies, etc ), I'm particularly wondering about how trials work. I am doing T6 at the moment at level 51, and it seems like the experience has dried up a bit, taking multiple runs to level up even when I'm fighting enemies 9 levels above me. When I was doing T4 at 33, it seemed like I'd get at least a level per run.

Comment

As far as I am aware, Trials are currently the fastest way to level up - do which ever one you can clear within 4-5 minutes, I think this is for the mobs part only. (Sorry, haven't paid much attention to the grinding/leveling discussions).

The xp required per level increases exponentially, so you need a lot more for higher levels. I recall that it does seem to take a lot longer after level 50 or so, haven't leveled a hero normally in a long time. You can craft basic +XP jewelry to give yourself a boost, even uncommons will help; and if you have the Gems, there are the XP boosters as well.

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Broodax ... what Nhat wrote is correct.

Experience gained scales with Hero level, until level 70.

Early in the game, you will be running maps in Story mode. At level 10, Trials unlock. Each trial up to Trial Level #7 corresponds to Story Mode, Normal Difficulty, level 10 * the Trial #.

Trial level 1 = Normal Difficulty level 10
                          TL2 = Normal, level 20
                          ...and so on.

After trial level 7, it changes. Trials 8 and beyond, each give 5% more XP than the previous. Trial 9 gives 1.05 * 1.05 more than trial 7. Trial 17 gives 1.05^10 more XP than Trial 7.

Meanwhile, Heroic Difficulty unlocks after you finish Story Mode in Normal. Heroic gives 1.5X more XP than Normal.

Finally, Legendary Difficulty gives 2X more than Normal, or 2/1.5 = 1.33X more than Heroic.

Therefore, trial level 15 is roughly in XP equal to Heroic and trial 16 is slightly more. And trial level 21 is about equal to Legendary and then Trial 22 is more.

With all that said, what you want for fast levelling up, to is be killing as many monsters as possible, as fast as possible, that are as high a level as possible.

However if you enter too high of a level, you can't kill anything, or not quickly, and get no XP, or only slowly. So there is a balance. An optimum. And it's what Nhat wrote.

Example: your hero hits level 10. It should be able to beat trial #1 which equals level 10, but at only 10, trial #2 which equals level 20, might be too hard. Keep running maps and then at level 15-ish, attempt trial level 2.

Once you complete Normal, which might be around level 40 (??) you unlock Heroic but you also unlock the ability in Normal mode to boost the monster level up to 10 levels above your level. Obviously you get more XP for the higher level monsters.

Another way to level fast is to find and use gear with XP on it. Or buy it. Or craft it (put 3 pieces into the crafter that have XP, the result will get XP).

Another way is to use gems to buy the XP booster(s).

Finally, you can make jewelry and put XP stat on up to 3 pieces of jewelry.
                          VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381
                          ~ Gethi, mage, TL109 mobile & TL121 PC
                          ~ Kisheli, XP mage, TL112

~ ANB-beta, TL100 (#1); ANB1, TL116 (top 10); ANB2, TL110 (top 10);
                          ANB3, TL112 (top 10)

Comment

Thanks for all the info. For what it's worth, I ended up doing 51-64 or so in Heroic story missions (the usual suspects, TBD, etc.). I can't know this of course, since this is a 1 sample experiment with no control, but it felt faster than what T6 was giving me at the same place. This makes sense since T6 is only 9 levels higher than 51, where Heroic can be 10 levels higher - and some story missions have incredible density of monsters with almost no danger. Once I got closer to 70, then Heroic couldn't be 10 levels higher any more.

For the purposes of this thread, it's a bit tougher to say what's optimal. I had already completed most of the normal story because I was just starting and didn't know any other way to do it. If you had rushed to trials with only 7-8 story missions complete, it might not be worth finishing the story in the middle, and just grinding trials to 70 may be the most efficient as the OP said.

Comment

Any idea when the next anb event will happen? Also, when I’m off line I get an option to star it but then it says it has ended. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by Nutzilla View Post
                                Any idea when the next anb event will happen? Also, when I’m off line I get an option to star it but then it says it has ended. Thanks for your help!
                                Originally posted by ྿༻Travis༺྿ (Support Mgr.) View Post
                                1.3.x doesn't support ANB events yet. Until it does, there won't be another ANB event.
                                So, no idea... but then again, we never really have any idea about the last few anyway...

The icon that you see when offline was for ANB 2, back in April 18 - but there's the bug which resulted in the icon "hanging around" when you're offline.

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Working...
                                X