• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strut v 900
    started a topic "New Beginning" Event Guide for Beginners

"New Beginning" Event Guide for Beginners

EVENT GUIDE FOR BEGINNERS

I've gotten a ton of questions on how I managed to score how I did during the event and rather than answer them all separately I figured this would help.

I wont lie, I spent 75$ CAD on one titan pack and a months sub for 100 gems + the 10$ pack which I bought initially.

As sad as it is, if you want top 10, you'll have to fork over some cash, that or you literally play 16 hours a day, non stop. Which would accomplish the same thing.
    (its not a bad thing, the team makes good use of your money and this game is awesome!)
    METHOD TO THE MADNESS:

The first thing you should do is have gems saved up for an event. A minimum of 615 for three followers, 2 upgrate slots and all skills and inventories is good, although the more you have, the more advantage you have.

IF you are on mobile: watch all the adds you can and reset your connection so you get more. Get the 100 Gem a day sub really helps, and this company is fantastic so I suggest you buy that anyways.

If you don't want to spend money, you don't have to, remember this. You can still easily get top 10 if you put the time in. Time gives you more of an advantage than money will. Unless you don't have gems, then you're in trouble.

Originally posted by Nhat
    Total Gem cost for unlocking in event
    • Inventory: 30
    • Abilities: 110
    • Upgrades: 1300 (includes all 3 upgrade slots: you only need 2 if you play alot for the 8% haste bonus) (400 gems for second upgrade)
    • Team (followers): 75
    Step 1: Level 70
    - Reach level 70.
    - 2 upgrade slots (yea it sucks to spend 400gems but its so worth it
    - open all the skill slots you can ASAP (requires gems) 110 gems

The fastest way to do this is to RUN through the story line, only killing what you need to end the level, and get to severed mountain ASAP. Kill the 2 packs at the beginning of severed mountain, which 50% of the time contains an elite, grab the gear, gold, gems, gemstones and reset until you reach level 10.

- Farm what ever trial you can farm until level 70 (
    farm the highest trial you can survive in, don't worry about how much time it takes you as the xp difference is so great that it's better to take 10 minutes on a level 5 trial, than it is to take 2 minutes on a level 2.)

- Do not worry about the story line. If you run it without movement speed items you are wasting your time, so wait until 70 when you have high movement speed.
    Step 2: Low - moderate level trial pushing

This is where you want to start actually pushing your trials up. The reason you still do not start the story line is because You can push quite high in trials and get incredible XP and thus champ levels (giving you more movement speed, XP, Gold, damage, health, recovery, etc.)

What level you stop is up to you. However I recommend stopping when you have a pair of pants and boots with movement speed on them. I did the legendary story around 30-35 Trial I think.

Step 3: Stacking Materials
    Here's where you start grinding gemstones/gold for craftable rings. You can spend your gold on items pre level 70. However it is better to save your gold for specific re-rolls during the early stages and then stacking gold for ring and amulet re-rolls.

- Get high enough in trials so you have 1.5+ HOURS of resource booster.
    -
    Make sure that you can ONE SHOT every single monster in NORMAL "The Broken Dragon (TBD)" (last area in first stage of story mode)
    - Run through TBD and collect gemstones. For 3 pieces of jewelry I recommend getting 45 TEAR gemstones, this will take you approx 1.5 hours. You can go for higher gemstones if you please, but I personally think it's a waste of time.

The reason you do this is because you need gold, gemstones, and the books in order to make progress. TBD in legendary drops higher books so You will only want to farm gemstones for your XP jewelry on normal. Wait until you can one shot legendary mobs in TBD before you farm your damage rings, this will greatly increase the number and quality of books you recieve.

NOTE: The rings you get from rewards will get you enough for 1 decent ring/amulet. You will have to roll the rest. You do not have to use the ring rewards during an event. You can save them.

- Farm 45 tear gemstones of the kind you need for your jewelry (1.5 hours) for XP set only. This will create all 3 pieces (15 each)
    - Make XP first and wear them immediately, There are guides on the forums on how to craft jewelry properly.
    - Once you reach high enough damage to 1 shot legendary mobs in TBD, run the story mode there until you have enough gemstones for your damage set of rings (NOTE: You do not need damage rings to push extremely high, they will make a huge difference for people wishing to compete for rank 1)
    Step 4: Story mode:

- After you have collected your materials and have decent champion levels I recommend finishing legendary story mode for the craftable Legendary (takes about 2 hours in total if you are fast with max movement speed gear)

Note: When you finish this is truly irrelevant, however if you're pushing to a top spot it's nice not to have to farm bosses for decent pieces (farming bosses will result in a loss of total XP)
    Step 5: High Level Trial Pushing.

- Keep pushing trials up until you can't do anymore. Once you reach your break point, say trial 50 (can't complete 51) then farm more XP at 40-45 (2-4 minute green bar with no boss kill) then push again. Rinese, Wash, Repeat. Spend the majority of your time grinding experience.

Note: Trial 100 is where you start to notice actual gear drop, most things below 100 have a low chance of having good rolls, where as every item dropped above trial level 100 drops 80+ Min stat and has a 25% chance to be a set item. Getting 100 is unrealistic for most people, however if you plan on pushing for top 100 even, you will want to get to 100 ASAP so you can farm the gear you need. Note: at trial 80 you will notice also a difference in drop rates.

- XP BOOSTERS: If you can afford it, pay for the 200% Boosters, I personally used 50% boosters until friday, I saved all my 200% Boosters and with the titan pack had almost 20 hours of 200% Boost for day 7 (friday) and day 8 (saturday) push. I used 50% all week when doing trials, the XP is significant. The reason you want to save your higher %boosters for later in the week is because the XP will add up significantly faster at higher levels. Which will not only put more XP into your main account, but give you a larger advantage at the end of the week.

- If you are just trying to get a celestial at trial 80 (god knows they might change the milestones), then you wont really have to play much, maybe 25 hours in total over the 9 days. If you are efficient with your time/know how to pull and grind XP optimally and have invested 750 (ish) gems into the event character. (remember if you are using the 100 gems per day, you will have enough for the basic stuff you need for the event)

I'm sure I've missed a lot... If you think of anything you'd like to see me add to this, please PM me or comment. I'm open to adding more or changing things for the community if someone has a better plan/method to the events.

The results: (currently outdated photo will fix asap as I finished second place not first)

Last edited by strut v 900; 04-04-2018, 04:48 PM.

• baskog04
    replied
    Originally posted by Nihiliste View Post

ANB's are for everyone and are held every 2-1/2 to 3 months.
    Thanks for that, lucky I made one and somehow got to a decent place

Leave a comment:

• Nihiliste
    replied
    Originally posted by baskog04 View Post
    Does this event happen regularly? Or only during the first few days of the new account?
    ANB's are for everyone and are held every 2-1/2 to 3 months.

Leave a comment:

• baskog04
    replied
    Does this event happen regularly? Or only during the first few days of the new account?

Leave a comment:

• Don Ramon
    replied
    Originally posted by ྿༻travis༺྿ (support mgr.) View Post
    there will possibly be a casual event (not anb) around christmas break.
    thank you! And god bless

Leave a comment:

• ྿༻Travis༺྿ (Support Mgr.)
    replied
    Originally posted by Don Ramon View Post
    when will be the next event?
    There will possibly be a casual event (not ANB) around Christmas break.

Leave a comment:

• Don Ramon
    replied
    when will be the next event?

Leave a comment:

• Sanctum
    replied
    Thank you for this guide strut v 900 . Made it to top 25 in my first ANB (#4).

Leave a comment:

• FendyBt2
    replied
    Originally posted by NoSuchReality View Post
    In the event, I'm running BH at CL 285 currently. I'm at TL 54 and struggling stuck. I moved down to 53 and 80%ish. Im running a full setset of assualt gear but rare hood and epic level.

i think i should be in striking range of making TL80 for the celestrial item. What is a realistic CL to make TL80?
    Here's a screenshot of my ANB BH when I reached TL80... as you can see I'm also using some epic gears to complete my Assault set... it's ok to use rare/epic gears to complete the set... the important thing is to get the set bonus... you can replace it when you get a legendary set later... and I craft power/haste/CR/CD jewelries without gemstones... that's enough to get you to TL80 but you need a better one if you wanna go higher...

Leave a comment:

• NONAMEALLSTAR
    replied
    Yea i was suspecting jewelry was my issue. My DPS is too low I'm all the way down at 115K . So i really need to grind gems and craft. Time to study up more on the jewelrt guide.

Is it worth using the custom jewelry rewards in the effort or let those transfer back?
    VERY MUCH worth using them, will save you a crap load of time and effort. It cost me like 500-800k gold per ring and around the same for the necklace.

I'm new to the game and this was my strategy:

100 gems per day (2.99) <- this helped a lot

Greater Currency Booster (GCB)is the key here.
    1 GCB = about 270,000 gold and about 1.2 brilliant gems per 30 minutes. Running Drakenmoore Catacombs NORMAL with movement speed on boots and legs.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20181206_161832.jpg Views:	1 Size:	89.4 KB ID:	120138

With the rare jewelry rewards it saves you about 18 of 39 brilliant gems you'd need to make some super powerful jewelry.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_9663.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	120139

if I were you, I'd just chain run Drakenmoore Catacombs until you fall asleep. If you got the gems to buy the GCB's, it drops pretty decent legendary gear in there too (no set pieces though). I got my integrals mantle in there from one of the advertisement boxes, always click the box and let the ads play. Get up and pee while it runs. More free GCBs

Click image for larger version  Name:	20181206_163411.jpg Views:	1 Size:	128.3 KB ID:	120140

and now when stuff gets converted back to my normal character I have this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20181206_163805.jpg Views:	1 Size:	110.2 KB ID:	120141

I hope this encourages you to run drakenmoore catacombs
    60 second run

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SJfYxp018j8&feature=youtu.be
    Last edited by NONAMEALLSTAR; 12-07-2018, 05:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jimzilla
    replied
    Is anyone else having to do the same level over and over in the trials? At first I just thought I was crazy but I've just played level 45 3 times, fought and beat Kara each time but I just can't progress to level 46.

Leave a comment:

• NoSuchReality
    replied
    Yea i was suspecting jewelry was my issue. My DPS is too low I'm all the way down at 115K . So i really need to grind gems and craft. Time to study up more on the jewelrt guide.

Is it worth using the custom jewelry rewards in the effort or let those transfer back?

Leave a comment:

• NONAMEALLSTAR
    replied
    So I'm very noob having just started in Nov. Its my fist ANB and I read through the guide and learned a lot. Prior to the event I had only level two characters to 70 with a combined Cl of 140ish thru Trial lvl 30 and barey begun herioc mode on story line with no decent gear sets.

So, a pretty steep learning curve.

In the event, I'm running BH at CL 285 currently. I'm at TL 54 and struggling stuck. I moved down to 53 and 80%ish. Im running a full setset of assualt gear but rare hood and epic level. Currently on 2 chapter of storyline on legendary but no where near one shotting stuff to clear and die a lot. So back to TLs to grind XP .

i think i should be in striking range of making TL80 for the celestrial item. What is a realistic CL to make TL80?

Any clarifications or thoughts you would highkight from the guide for me to pay extra attention too?

I will try and update with screen shot. I'm using the powershot, spreadshot, lvl 10 abilites are rapid fire, rockets, and snipe lvl 10 uti!ites are piercing, celerity and ability buff all lvl 9.

My jewelry is not perfect a mid range blend of power, haste, vitality, abilty rate, loh.

thanks.
    I switched from rockets to smoke screen and that helped me a ton with damage and survival.

the damage from making the brilliant gem rings/neck is like a 250k damage increase

Leave a comment:

• NoSuchReality
    replied
    So I'm very noob having just started in Nov. Its my fist ANB and I read through the guide and learned a lot. Prior to the event I had only level two characters to 70 with a combined Cl of 140ish thru Trial lvl 30 and barey begun herioc mode on story line with no decent gear sets.

So, a pretty steep learning curve.

In the event, I'm running BH at CL 285 currently. I'm at TL 54 and struggling stuck. I moved down to 53 and 80%ish. Im running a full setset of assualt gear but rare hood and epic level. Currently on 2 chapter of storyline on legendary but no where near one shotting stuff to clear and die a lot. So back to TLs to grind XP .

Any clarifications or thoughts you would highkight from the guide for me to pay extra attention too?

I will try and update with screen shot. I'm using the powershot, spreadshot, lvl 10 abilites are rapid fire, rockets, and snipe lvl 10 uti!ites are piercing, celerity and ability buff all lvl 9.

My jewelry is not perfect a mid range blend of power, haste, vitality, abilty rate, loh.

thanks.
    Last edited by NoSuchReality; 12-06-2018, 06:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nhat
    replied
    Originally posted by derpXYZ View Post
    So my main account before this event was only CL 658 with 1 level 70 of each class and now my ABN4 bounty hunter is going to pass that CL, how much of a boost should I expect once the week ends and exp transfers?
    This is hard to tell, you can try to work it out from the charts that were made previously, as far as I'm aware, they should still be valid: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/th...0317#post70317

also if anyone has played for top 100 in past what were cutoffs because right now I am top 40s with trial 88 cleared so far my highest overall still farming better gear
    See the previous final leaderboards for info: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/th...b-leaderboards

Leave a comment:

Working...
X