Fire Lily vs Talisman of Storms for Regalia/GMC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire Lily vs Talisman of Storms for Regalia/GMC

Hi, I was just wondering what players thoughts were who have experience with both builds?

Fire Lily seem to be able to hit seasonal top 10 (or close to) using lower level/non-celestial legendaries (or even epics). Fire Lily also seems to be quite prominent in ANB Gold right now.

I'm asking as a relatively new player that has been building crit stat gear. Since gear with both crit rating and crit dmg isn't able to be reforged for a fire lily build I didn't want to go too far down that road without asking the question. It also would influence my next glory purchases. I like the idea of the Fire Lily build because it appears to simplify your stat choices.

Looking for opinions on which is better or thoughts on pros and cons of each option.

Thanks!
    QEYE RORA NIMU 5273

Go with crit build. Its easier on glory unlocks.
    Fire lily is awesome but its 100 more glory for complete build

Comment

• mahara
      mahara commented
      Editing a comment
      Dodge for mage is absolutely useless. Change it to vitality or armor

• Citizen055
      Citizen055 commented
      Editing a comment
      I know you’re more experienced than I am, but I have to disagree. Having a dodge on only two pieces of equipment gives a dodge chance of at least 15%. Over multiple hits, that’s a 15% damage reduction. It’s useless against a boss, but as I work to form a big mob I’m subjected to many small hits. Two slots of dodge, I think, has a bigger positive effect on mob survivability than anything else I can put in those two slots.
      Last edited by Citizen055; 08-06-2020, 11:53 PM.

• 100licad
      100licad commented
      Editing a comment
      Isnt it better to put LoH on items and not on jewelry? First it uses water essences which are most common, second max you get on items in not much less than you get on jewelry, unlike stats like power, haste, AR or vit.

I haven't gotten any Talisman of Storm drops so I don't know how well it works. But I did get lucky in ANB and got a Fire Lily (garbage stats). I gotta say, Fire Lily rocks. Instead of every piece of gear having CD/CR, I've switch most to Vit/LoH which has made my mage much, much more durable. For the first time, I've managed to beat TL90 in under 3 hours. Typically it takes me 5-6 hours. All the CP that would have gone into CD/CR now goes into Power. On paper, my mage should be much weaker (180K dam/800K tough/80K recovery vs 600K dam/250K toughness/25K recovery), but she's much stronger because I die less.

Gotta wait until events to test out Fire Lily with my Hunter. I don't think I'll use it with my Warrior because he's heavily reliant on CR for skills bonuses.

I don't plan on unlocking Fire Lily until I've had a chance to test out all the other trinkets and belts. I've only got 105 glories, so gotta stingy for a while.
    Last edited by mousse; 08-06-2020, 06:29 PM.

Comment

I run fire lily with my mage and it’s been giving me some pretty great results. I used to use Talisman of Storms, but the proc was too inconsistent. And many times, it would proc when I am killing the las enemy in a large mob or when I am fighting a small group of enemies. Fire Lily is better for mages in my opinion because it allows consistently higher damage, resulting in a quicker end to a mob. I will admit though, when Storms procs just as I do Death from Above on a vortexed group, it works amazingly well. In the end though, I would say to take fire lily.

Comment

I achieved a personal best TL100 in 3+ hours with Fire Lily and Frostfire sash. I replaced CR/CD with Vit and LoH (2200+ VIT and 5000+ LoH). With my glass cannon Mage build, I could only pull 4-5 groups at most. With my tortoise Mage build, I can pull half the map. Instead of taking 4 minutes to summon a boss, it takes me 1 minute now.

If your already able to pull half the map with a glass cannon (high CR/CD) mage, Fire Lily won't offer much. But for average Joe who dies quicker than a Star Trek Red Shirt on an away mission, Fire Lily is a huge boon. I went from dying 12x a trial to not dying.

Comment

It's nice that you're putting this into perspective! Different players, styles, gear, goals... Personally I really like the smoothness and predictability of the lily gameplay - both for xp and push.

I'm only going the cr/cd way to reach higher trials. It's very likely that season top 10 will be 155+, and this will be very hard to achieve with lily. We still need someone to prove that : )
          Mage: Anba
          Bounty Hunter: Gemma

Comment

• Maniac
            Maniac commented
            Editing a comment
            Fire Lily does seem to be a huge quality of life improvement for a long time. Especially for mobile players where clicking accuracy is just inherently bad. But I’ve been using it and pushing hard both in the season and I the ANB bronze that just finished. There’s a dmg cap that seems to stop me from pushing higher. I’m currently at elban 138 and it just takes so long to kill him. My build isn’t fully optimized but my power stat is at 5651. I’m working on improving that but it’s gonna take time and resources. And still might not be enough. Crit rate/dmg builds are certainly squishier which makes them really sketchy in high trials on mobile, but they really can pump out the dmg. All that being said I’m generally happy with my choice of using Lily, it’s fun and for people who don’t like the inconsistency of spikes and rng Lily feels reliable like an old buddy.

When I made the original post it was still early in the season and Fire Lily builds were hot out of the gate, and ranking with much lower quality gear. Since then it seem to have dropped off at higher TL's.
          That being said it does seem to have its uses. Might give it a try for future ANB's to hit 130 more efficiently. Would also nice to be able to craft more instead of being crippled by lack of fire essences.
          QEYE RORA NIMU 5273

Comment

• Wolf86PL
            Wolf86PL commented
            Editing a comment
            Any chance you are a fan of Steven Erikson?

I am a starting player and I tried the fire Lily. For mobile user it's helpful since accuracy of clicking is a limiting factor. I was wondering is CD useful since you can't crit but it gives additional damage bonus? It's too early for me in the game to do extensive testing so I was wondering if someone can help me out here.

Comment

• bojck
            bojck commented
            Editing a comment
            Check the tutorials

No, you don't want any CR or CD with a mage lily build. The damage shown when you open the inventory is wrong when you use lily - the formula used for it was not updated when Lily was introduced. This is just a presentation issue.

That is good to know, thank you for your answer bojck. It's helpful now I am saving up for crafting legendary equipment, which is still very expensive for me. I think everyone has to go through these start up problems. Looking forward to how my character grows and reach my own goals...I'm not at the competitive stage yet

Comment

i use Lily-chan for EXP farming TL90-TL100 under 1:30 on PC
            2:10 on mobile

CR build for push
            top player use this build including anba ( bojck )

but lily-chan push to TL154 is also possible (got this info from discord)
            Guide :

Comment

I am doing the same,have an exp farmer with the Lily. Although still early on I read so many times here that ppl create a second char for this so I suppose later in the game it will be indispensable. I did a bunch of things that might be needed later...just enjoying the game...like I learned all recipes already and raised the crafting to 49 even though I am only at lvl84 trials, so ANB just for fun but no illusion to play with the big boys yet. The forum here is so full of info and ppl are so helpful, it speaks to this game adds to enjoyment.

Comment

• kurtcabage
                kurtcabage commented
                Editing a comment
                go join discord server
                more usefull info there and you can ask master 24/7

Thanks for the tip kurtcabage, I will because I feel I will play this game for a long time.

Comment

Working...
              X