X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused with GMC mages pls help

Hello

I am a new player (10days old)

I am running a GMC side character.level 70 and CL 366.im doing GMC and regalia.

I have read that GMC should run immolate and frost nova

I tried doing immolate 8 and nova 8 instead,casting frost before immolate

But i have better results (faster runs) doing frost then death from above.

Should it really be nova and immolate?

Advice welcome

Thanks

doesn't matter if it is immolate or DfA
    as long as you cast any Fire Damage type (both Immolate & DfA) after you casting a Frost damage type (such as frost nova or blizzard) the GMC Special skill will trigger shatter.

the guide said immolate because it is faster than DfA.
    when you are in high level trial, you will want your character to move.....a...lot, so immolate is the one to go
    Guide :

Comment

Originally posted by kurtcabage View Post
      doesn't matter if it is immolate or DfA
      as long as you cast any Fire Damage type (both Immolate & DfA) after you casting a Frost damage type (such as frost nova or blizzard) the GMC Special skill will trigger shatter.

the guide said immolate because it is faster than DfA.
      when you are in high level trial, you will want your character to move.....a...lot, so immolate is the one to go
      For DFA i notice it says my character is immune while i am in the sky

This does not help at higher level trials?

Comment

• kurtcabage
        kurtcabage commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah you are immune 'only' in the sky
        then when you land back to the ground, you will find your character get surrounding by the pack of mobs.

and in high level TL, your source of damage will comes from frostbeam and thermal shock, so the shatter function is only to keep the mobs triggered and following your character. and DfA will waste too much time to do that.
        Last edited by kurtcabage; 08-12-2021, 08:24 AM.

Thanks kurtcabage

I have frostbeam at 10 but i dont use it coz i find that i always only trigger it for like half a second coz my mage always gets hit and getting hit cuts the ability.any advice on this?

What is thermal shock?i am unfamiliar

Comment

Have a look at section 1.3 of this thread...
        Edit: tutorials are up-to-date for version 1.5.48. Please feel free to comment under each part or after the last one! You won't find a story mode or early trials tutorial here - I believe everyone enjoys the story mode in their own way, and it's not about using the optimal strategy, best stats, etc. The tips here are for

Comment

Word of advice that may or may not be in the guide. Haven’t read in a while. At higher TLs or a push for your current level.
          After you have gathered groups.
          (Mobile)
          Vortex->Frost Nova->Frost Beam→ Immolate→ Frost nova.Run around to start gathering more.
          this chews through trash like nothing else. And even elites go down after three rounds of that which helps with summoning the boss.
          If your PC you could prolly do a different order cause of casting differences. Just as long it’s Frost Nova than Beam.
          Frost Beam does double damage to Frozen.
          Last edited by Otaliema; 09-11-2021, 04:18 AM.

Comment

• Otaliema
            Otaliema commented
            Editing a comment
            Good point to add that bit of info I assumed they knew that. The thermal shock on stacks is what does the real damage to bosses and elites.
            As far as losing the ability when you get hit. I’ve not seen that happen to me. What happens for me is dieing or I accidentally tap the screen from reflex to run away.
            The vortex Nova combo when done at max Beam range keeps you fairly safe.
            Last edited by Otaliema; 09-11-2021, 04:16 AM.

• kurtcabage
            kurtcabage commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by Otaliema View Post
            Frost Beam does triple damage to Frozen.
            Frost beam deals double damage to frozen target, not triple

• Otaliema
            Otaliema commented
            Editing a comment
            Very true on the Beam. Edited to correct. Was thinking of Frost bolt
        Working...
        X