New mage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New mage

I'm about to build a mage but I don't have any glory to buy gear recipes. Which set/build should I shoot for to start with?

Either partial Mage build will be challenging to play. It's good enough to tinker with Story Mode and the first trials, but you can't fully take the measure of it if incomplete Which build depends on which recipes you have.And your taste.

ELR would probably be your best shot, although Arcanist is fun too but with a latency between your actions and their effects. It can be disconcerting at first.

For ELR, the minimum gear is the Grand Magister Command weapon set and the belt (Either Frostfire Sash if using Frost Beam, or Sash of the Igniter if using DfA).You can make this work without the armor set, but with very limited damage output. If you can't buy the belt recipes, drops are your last resort. Don't hold your breath, they don't come in that often.

The Vial of Wind Spirit is a cheap trinket that can do the heavy lifting for any class up to TL 60-65, because trinket recipes are shared by all classes. Firelily is the most expensive, yet the most useful one in ANB. While Lily is out of reach, you can pick Talisman of Storm because you're compelled to use a crit build without Lily.

After that? Consider buying Slayer enchant for weapons. The bracer is the last thing you'll need to unlock. Lily first.

Comment

I was thinking I would make it next ANB. I've been getting some pretty good unique drops there so maybe if I get the right belt and such I can bring it back iver...if I get high enough lol.

Comment

Working...
      X