Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(rant alert) Welfare checks are a joke and people taking advantage of it should be ashamed...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (rant alert) Welfare checks are a joke and people taking advantage of it should be ashamed...

Firstly, my apologies up front for the incoming rant, and this probably isn't the most appropriate place to voice it, but it is "Off-topic" - plus I'll probably delete the post in a few days, just getting things off my chest and at least getting a sense of "being heard"...

Just feeling exhausted and frustrated about how things are here, after hearing yet another example today. I mean no offense to anyone on welfare, for legitimate reasons; it's the lack of checks in the system and those taking advantage of them, at the expense of those legitimately on it, that have always been frustrating me.

Why on earth are the system paying out "single-parent" to BOTH "parents" for the same ... child, at the same address. And then they go and make a report about how these fake single-parents are costing them millions each year. It's a simple check: child's name, date of birth and address! Look up the ... birth registry to see who the parents for the child are, it's a required piece of "supporting evidence" when lodging the request for the payment already! So what if they're not married, they're living at the same address and looking after the same child, and are in a de-factor relationship!

I'm working my ... off each day, trying to ensure my daughter can afford everything she needs, worrying about her and my wife each day while I'm at work for the last year. And some idiots are staying at home on these payments, playing around and getting consessions for everything because they're on "low income benefits" - and yet these "benefits" probably add up to almost as much as I make with full time work! My daughter's growing up now, and she sometimes cries when she sees me go to work, it breaks my heart at times, but what choice do you have, when you're trying to do the right thing. And hearing about these ... lounging around at home just ........ me off....

And the whole "cash" situation is a ... joke

Maybe if the did the checks properly they wouldn't have to fire so many people because of "lack of money" and can actually afford to assist those who legitimately need support better!
    Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 10 Aug 2018)

Eternium Guides:

Dude I don't understand how welfare system works in your country but I hope everything(about you and your daughter) is getting better.

Comment

The US Gov't would save billions if they started drug testing those on welfare.

Comment

I hate it.
        i was on temp disability once after an accident.
        Took me 3 months to get a check. Electricity was turned off and they said they would pay it if it was turned on but wouldn't help turn it back on

Then some lady with 4 kids got $400 plus bunch stuff same day. I had doctor's note! She had four kids and didn't know English. And I have several comments about her life choices but they will only seem racist. (But sheesh do you HAVE to live the sterotype!?!)
        They required me to apply for jobs. That I medically couldn't work.
        I was scheduled to go to a resume training class and they would cut me off if I didn't. I got cleared for work and went back to my jon thattwas waiting that next day. Called told them they could cancel benifits asked if I about the resume thing. Said I didn't have to deal with it since I was working.

Since I didn't go they banned me from food stamps for 7 years.

My step mom is working on getting disability. I am paying her rent, and bills plus what I have. She doesn't qualify for food stamps because I moved in with her.
        And she "isn't working"
        So they look at us like a family of two where one "refuses" to work.

She needs a doctor's note to finish her disability. And it is dependent upon the community hospital place. You know the one full of people O.D. and people who are illegal/don't work etc
        And they offer insurance stuff to low income. But the doctor she needs to write off on it isn't covered u oess she already has it !?!
        And so her meds are expensive and she won't take them like she is supoose to...
        Ahhhhh
        Last edited by Cultusfit; 12-03-2018, 06:39 PM.
        Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
        Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
        see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
        and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
        It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

Originally posted by ྿༻Travis༺྿ (Support Mgr.) View Post
          The US Gov't would save billions if they started drug testing those on welfare.
          Unfortunately, there is no consistency among the US Federal, State and City government policies. Folks who choose to scam the system are aware of these loopholes and pass the information around to others. Often the worst that happens when they are caught is a future denial of benefits, rather than prosecution. Drug testing could help to reduce the overall amount spent, as would a mandatory job-seeking requirement. However, scammers tend to move on to more favorable locations as rapidly as the legal awareness surfaces. Imagine if their skills could be utilized, positively, in legal employment...

Comment

It's those very loopholes that frustrates me: oh you're not working, sure here's some payments to help you out, oh your children "own" properties and you go on regular overseas trips, no problem, we'll keep paying you anyway, since there's no tax records - yes, I've overheard people bragging that they're doing this.

In the mean time: oh you're in full time employement, nope nothing for you, just borderlining handling your expenses, still renting and is the sole income provider for the family, nope you're working fulltime.

And yes, there are people in a lot worse situations trying their best but have to go through all the addition redtapes and paperwork because the system is "low on funds and is overburdened"!
            Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 10 Aug 2018)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Please don't get me started. Yes on the drug testing. Yes on job training. No on sitting on your butt and getting benefits! At least volunteer! Don't expect my tax dollars to raise your kids.

I am nearly 60 and I work like a dog to eat everyday. I have to because no one is offering me any handouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Itsumi View Post
                Please don't get me started. Yes on the drug testing. Yes on job training. No on sitting on your butt and getting benefits! At least volunteer! Don't expect my tax dollars to raise your kids.

I am nearly 60 and I work like a dog to eat everyday. I have to because no one is offering me any handouts.
                Varies a bit.
                Like me Job training when I was on disability for an accident and not allowed to work with my position at my job held for me?
                My step mom can barely bath herself. I've pulled her out of the tub just cause she got too close and fell. Basically her job right now is physical therapy, which hasn't helped.

I know it takes time to sort through these, but some can be done quick. I walked in with an eye patch, arm in sling, my med, doctor/insurance contact info. Even taking a week I'd be okay. But they took MONTHS. Then still wanted me to apply for jobs? I had such a bad concussion I was passing out every few minutes!
                Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
                Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
                see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
                and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
                It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

Working...
                X