No announcement yet.

Did anyone ever have a Gameboy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zelda? Pfft still trying to beat Gotham Racing on my OG Xbox.

Some of us were playing pong when Chewbacca was still a puppy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gavin Jones View Post

Pong!

Played pong with my dad in an old arcade back in 1982 lol!

Comment

Some of were playing Pong when George Lucas was still a "puppy"... :-)

Comment

16Kb of RAM, I dreamed of 16Kb, on the Vic20 it was a quarter of that!
          I would never have guessed that 30 odd years later I would be stuffing tens of gigabytes of RAM in servers.
          For my first Apple Macintosh (~1984), I bought my first hard drive to play MYST. Copied the entire CD to the 1Gb hard drive and it played faster than on the optical drive!
          (It cost me $1000 for 1000 Mb)

Comment

Yes, played Megaman I, II and III. Was blown away by FF Adventure (Sword of Mana). . . then FF Legend I and II. . .then Link's Awakening. I don't remember what my last game was.
            :-D
            Seriously, some things were better done back then. . .

Comment

My kids would never let me play with their game boys . . . for that matter neither would my then wife . . . nor would my then bosses! LMAO

Pong was my first video game; played it after I had graduated from HS at a bowling alley arcade. It was stuffed in with a bunch of pinball machines.
              Think it was another decade before I saw an in-home video game, it was a car racing game where the cars looked like colored rectangles moving around on your TV screen.
              My . . . how times have changed. Can't wait til they port Eternium to a VR platform; can you imagine fighting a Garm the size of a train locomotive, or a 13 ft tall Kara.
              Mobile & PC player: Android, Win10
              Ravenstar - BH (Stalker), T115+
              Magenta - mage (ELR), T100+
              Greystone - BH (Assault, Au miner), T100+
              Rageon - Warrior (Jugg, Exp miner), T115+
              Rageon - Warrior, T75

Comment

I think EVERYBODY in Desert Shield/Storm (1990-91) had a Gameboy and like mine had the lighted magnifier attachment. Everyone traded cartridges so everyone put their name and unit on theirs so it would eventually get back to you. The biggest hit was Final Fantasy (One). Guess this gives away my age. My personal favorite was Scrabble.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeverzon View Post
                  I think EVERYBODY in Desert Shield/Storm (1990-91) had a Gameboy and like mine had the lighted magnifier attachment. Everyone traded cartridges so everyone put their name and unit on theirs so it would eventually get back to you. The biggest hit was Final Fantasy (One). Guess this gives away my age. My personal favorite was Scrabble.
                  I was in high school in Bangkok at that time! We had a bunch of thai MPs guarding or school because there had been bomb threats. No idea why...

Comment

Arawn. Had some red factions always after us in Thailand so it could have been one of them. I don't think they had Gameboy's, but I lay money on the MP's holding one or two!
                    U Dorn (85)

Comment

Working...
                    X