Did anyone ever have a Gameboy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone ever have a Gameboy?

I just read an article about them this morning...apparently it still has fan base. I got one for Christmas back in 1989. Final Fantasy Legend was my favorite game. Did anyone else here play that?

I had a gameboy, enjoyed the Megaman and Supermario games.

Comment

No, could never afford such things

That said my first "pc" was an Oric Atmos .... playing The Hobbit on Cassette tape .. and writing games like snake and racing .. .. happy days

Comment

Originally posted by AimEoN View Post
        I had a gameboy, enjoyed the Megaman and Supermario games.
        The Super Mario was fun too! Really a lot like the original but portable!

Comment

Originally posted by yaddab View Post

That said my first "pc" was an Oric Atmos .... playing The Hobbit on Cassette tape .. and writing games like snake and racing .. .. happy days
          16kb of memory! Was there a Hobbit game on cassette? I didn't know that...

Comment

Originally posted by Arawn View Post

16kb of memory! Was there a Hobbit game on cassette? I didn't know that...
            Ohh yes indeed there was was .. (There was one room .. bugger of a room, where you said Gandalf F off ... booted you out of the game, and there we were back to loading up the cassette)

Comment

I had one and I traveled to SEA for work. Purchased expanded ROM cartridges which had dozens of games installed, but they were against copyright law. I tossed it 15-20 years ago, now...

Comment

Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post
                I had one and I traveled to SEA for work. Purchased expanded ROM cartridges which had dozens of games installed, but they were against copyright law. I tossed it 15-20 years ago, now...
                Ah yes...pirated media! I bought hundreds of bootleg tapes when I lived in Bangkok

Comment

I had one, and later game boy advance. I like Final Fantasy, but I never played it on game boy. I did play Zelda. Pretty much every Zelda game available for game boy. Four Swords was a fun way to play with friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Emily Crawford View Post
                    I had one, and later game boy advance. I like Final Fantasy, but I never played it on game boy. I did play Zelda. Pretty much every Zelda game available for game boy. Four Swords was a fun way to play with friends.
                    My wife loves Zelda lol! I didn't know there were Zelda games for Gameboy... I think all I must have played was final fantasy. That's actually how I discovered Eternium: I was looking for RPGs. I've never actually played Diablo

Comment

Originally posted by Arawn View Post

My wife loves Zelda lol! I didn't know there were Zelda games for Gameboy... I think all I must have played was final fantasy. That's actually how I discovered Eternium: I was looking for RPGs. I've never actually played Diablo
                      Links Awakening was the first Zelda Game I ever played. I had it on game boy color. I found Eternium that same way.

Comment

I had a Gameboy and played Final Fantasy Legend, too.
                        Loved this game!
                        Some details I remember:
                        In one level you played inside a giant, fighting bacteria and the like.
                        Hyper oneshotted most enemies and had to be equipped to a robot to be reusable.
                        If you wanted to get Seven you had to hunt those cactus-guys, which were extremely rare and strong.

Ah, memories are something beautiful.
                        Action-RPG-History: Diablo, Diablo2, Diablo3 ... Eternium

Silver2: #33 Mage (Nancy) TL129
                        Gold2: #20 Mage (Nancy) TL131
                        Bronze3: #1 BH (Nancy) TL143
                        Season1: #? Warrior (Dekay) TL153

Comment

Originally posted by yaddab View Post

16Kb of RAM, I dreamed of 16Kb, on the Vic20 it was a quarter of that!
                          I would never have guessed that 30 odd years later I would be stuffing tens of gigabytes of RAM in servers.

Comment

nvr got to play much gameboy, and didnt get to play zelda until ocarina of time on N64... but, i bet no one could guess that back in 1998 (i was 8years old at the time) that shadow purchased a gameboy color that had just launched in the us with pokemon red and blue, and... ohh boy did i play those for a time memories are indeed beautiful Cyraph
                            TEHA ZONU WEFO 4599
                            bh stalker- Makina "corpse princess" - 141
                            bh assault- Xiiift - 130
                            warrior sw- Sabre - trial 137
                            mage arcanist- Shadowiiix - trial 133
                            bronze 3 bh stalker- Makina

Comment

So, the Shadows seed has been planted some 21 years ago.
                              Happy Birthday (afterwards? dunno, time zones...)!
                              Action-RPG-History: Diablo, Diablo2, Diablo3 ... Eternium

Silver2: #33 Mage (Nancy) TL129
                              Gold2: #20 Mage (Nancy) TL131
                              Bronze3: #1 BH (Nancy) TL143
                              Season1: #? Warrior (Dekay) TL153

Comment

Working...
                              X