Taking a step back...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking a step back...

So much for "I wasn't planning to post about it", however there are a few things I feel I should respond to... - and my apologies for ending up "taking over" that post by Huit...

My decision to "take a step back" is based on multiple things, both in and out of the game itself.

Originally posted by Tin Man View Post
    That said? I can not like your post. Your presence here is and has been so appreciated and I am sure so many others agree. That any reduction of your involvement is disheartening regardless of the reason but that amount of care and involvement you have exhibited is only able to be maintained for so long. Here is hoping that your might might be a more potential keeping your toes in the water at least a bit and enjoying the play that prompts all of us to participate for however long we do.
    It is an unfortunate side of exactly what you mentioned, when you put so much "care and involvement" into something, only to see continuous issues arising time and time again, so all you're doing at times are "fighting fires" - it's draining, something I'm sure Travis know all too well.

Having taken last week "off" to focus on my other commitments made me realised how much of a "drain" the game have became for me at times, thus prompting the "time to step back" decision.

Originally posted by TheExorcist View Post
    I'm out If he's out..
    Please don't. Decide for yourself if you're still enjoying the game and what it have to offer. While I appreciate the support and responses from the various members, having people "following me" is not something I want, ever. We all started playing Eternium for different reasons, and the important thing is to consider what those are and whether they still hold true.

Now, for the more general comments - the main point of which is for everyone to simply "take a step back and re-evaluate", this include the players, the development team, and the publisher.

1. To Dream Primer and Making Fun:

Having been in Software development for almost 15 years and counting, I know all too well the pressures and difficulties with any project - we have our share of selling "vapour-ware"...

I don't know where the decision for the various changes and deadline come from - whether they're all internal to Dream Primer, driven by Making Fun, or a mix of both; but please, finalise whatever it is that you're working on right now, and take a step back and re-assess. You have a WONDERFUL product here, look at all the contributions from numerous players over the years; the various "uproars" is another indication of how much players care, if they didn't, they would have simply just left.

Allow the extra time for testing, pause and setup a proper QA and review process for your development cycles - given the recent additions to the team, there's no doubt some issues that need to be sorted first... The time spent now would greatly improve things in the future, and I do honestly hope that there is a long future for this game.

Let your player-base know what's going on, drop them a line from time to time - I have no doubt that there are a LOT of players here willing to help out with testing and feedback, if only given the opportunity to do so...

2. To the players:

Yes there are multiple issues with the game (as true for almost every game out there), but honestly, those haven't really affected my gaming all that much, so consider for yourself if they affected you.

There will always be someone here, and on Discord, ready to help out (timezone pending, ) - which is a positive for the game. Aside from the occasional issues with some "short term members", the community have been pleasant and generous, so please keep that going.

I've always tried to follow the Golden Rule in everything that I do, and now I follow a slightly modified version of that: Do unto others as you would have them do unto your sons/daughters.

As mentioned, I'll probably still hang around and check in every now and then.
    Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:(I'm no longer updating any of the above, feel free to use anything there and make updated versions, for them - if you wish)

I did exactly this 5 months ago and haven't looked back yet. Its refreshing to see I haven't wasted any more of my money on a game that hasn't changed one bit but that is my opinion.

Comment

I don't consider any of the money I've put into the game as a waste, it's still a great game despite all of the issues.

and the only time/effort that I regret wasting are those spent on "troublesome players"; nothing else.

Eternium Guides:(I'm no longer updating any of the above, feel free to use anything there and make updated versions, for them - if you wish)

Comment

You're not allowed to leave until you hit cl2000 and tl120.

Nhat, you're most respected for your dedication and input to Eternium as well as for beeing a smart and always friendly person.
        You would have been a strong candidate for MVP if such a title is provided.

Thank you for your effort and support!
        Action-RPG-History: Diablo, Diablo2, Diablo3 ... Eternium

Bronze2: #62 Warrior (Dekay) TL118
        Silver2: #33 Mage (Nancy) TL129
        Gold2: #20 Mage (Nancy) TL131

Comment

On a lighter note, here are my achievements from that week off

Click image for larger version

Name:	JPEG_20190815_225758.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	227.5 KB
ID:	145464Click image for larger version

Name:	JPEG_20190815_225716.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	233.5 KB
ID:	145465

​​​​​​​
          With family, work, Tai Chi/Qigong and Eternium, unfortunately something's gotta give... shifting my focus to Tai Chi and Qigong practice and studies for now.

Comment

Nhat you will be missed dearly... my leave lasted over 200 days and was very refreshing, came back with a new found inspiration so i can understand you and anyone else who feels the same, as much as it sucks to see you go... you must do whats right for you, and glad to see that you are enjoying your time, but please make sure to consider returning if the itch ever comes back... thnx for all that you do/have done and would be beers on me at the pub, if i could just catch a flight ovr lol best wishes to you Nhat

(btw idk how much you have been on the discord in the last week, but with obebi, wllly, and dasomi now gone/removed; i will update you here if noone else does with anymore news regarding this
            TEHA ZONU WEFO 4599
            bh stalker- Makina "corpse princess" - 141
            bh assault- Xiiift - 130
            warrior sw- Sabre - trial 137
            mage arcanist- Shadowiiix - trial 133
            bronze 3 bh stalker- Makina

Comment

Nhat

Deep respect for maintaining a healthy balance in your life and it is understandable about which piece had to go.

13ft shadow

I just caught wind of the discord news via another post and wondered where it came from. Care to share? PM?

Comment

It's strange how you kinda form a bond with someone you never met in real life. You don't even know how he (or she ) looks like. And yet, you feel sad on a good bye . Well surely miss you and your wisdom. Hope you're still around at Discord (even if off-topic) for a chat.

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man View Post
                  Nhat

Deep respect for maintaining a healthy balance in your life and it is understandable about which piece had to go.

13ft shadow

I just caught wind of the discord news via another post and wondered where it came from. Care to share? PM?
                  PM'd you
                  TEHA ZONU WEFO 4599
                  bh stalker- Makina "corpse princess" - 141
                  bh assault- Xiiift - 130
                  warrior sw- Sabre - trial 137
                  mage arcanist- Shadowiiix - trial 133
                  bronze 3 bh stalker- Makina

Comment

i would not survive warrior without Nhat assistance

still remember his advice:

"You can use AS 5 if you want to"

i manage to use AS 5 for quite so long..

from scratch until trial 110 (just AS 5)

after that my former DW change to SW (the same hero switch build)

a teacher is always a teacher no matter what

Thank you Nhat...my sifu
                    Last edited by TheExorcist; 08-31-2019, 09:00 AM.
                    Honest playin with Low end Pc only

Comment

Working...
                    X