What Unreal can do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Unreal can do

Just fund out, as i have been away that they are actually in the progress of making the unreal port. That was a pipe dream 2-3 years ago and I'm glad that the dev team is moving forward with something still supported that constantly gets upgrades.

Around that time I started work on a hobby project. This is ran in a LGQ 7+ with screen recorder going and in battery saver mode. I doubt that they will up the graphics or attempt to use dynamic lighting/shadows here like I am. Which means it will run far better than 16fps.

Not to mention, actual programers rather than a guy on his laptop that learns as he goes. Just wanted to share what a single person zero experience can do....imagine what out devs will manage after the port and time to work. (i'm going to also presume that the engines UI and such will allow for a faster work flow, they constantly release new free tools/assets/plugins etc.

Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
    Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
    see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
    and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
    It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Here I thought that they have been making the port for 2-3 years. Yes, they said they are putting Marmalade version work on the back burner to focus on the Unreal port but no, even rough, timelines have been presented.

Comments that Marmalade is obsolete have been around as long as I have visited the Forum. The carrot of Unreal has been around as long as the comments about Marmalade. I am much less interested in improvements than just the simple ability to clean up bugs and flaws. There has been more than one occasion when an issue has been brought up and the comment back has been that the issue is due to a Marmalade limitation that will be addressed with the Unreal port.

This is not meant as a criticism but simply a reminder that no rollout date has ever been proposed that I recall. Us players can be a demanding bunch and I am sure we keep the developers busy which is why I suspect the stopping active development of the current version was stopped. This is said so someone does not get the impression that the Unreal port is being released anytime soon.

Good job on what you have done. Tis better than I would even attempt.
    My Eternium Data Files Can Be Found Here:

Eternium Files

Trial Level Unlock Updated: 2019-12-14

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man View Post
      Here I thought that they have been making the port for 2-3 years. Yes, they said they are putting Marmalade version work on the back burner to focus on the Unreal port but no, even rough, timelines have been presented..
      Good job on what you have done. Tis better than I would even attempt.
      yeah I remember back whenever they actually hired someone to maintain marmalade for them.

have him work some with unreal I can both imagine some of the speed they'll have in the port and at the same time some of the problems they might encounter.

Luckily marmalade is a C++ API and unreal completely supports c++

some things and make slow it down will be the integration of the difference in physics and I imagine they actually went to make most of it blueprint editable because it's great for prototyping and making quick alterations which means adding some headers to every file.
      first I'd seen they hadn't started work whatsoever they just agreed that that is the direction they would go whenever they decided to either make an eternium 2 or update.
      So it's exciting either way to see them move forward especially with the limitations of the marmalade was giving them.

I do suspect that there be a significant increase in package size. Getting even a bare bones unreal on mobile tends to exceed what you would expect for size. There's a lot of the engines code in it that might not be needed, hopefully some of their better programmers are more capable of removing it than I am.

and considering the size of the development team and everything I don't think talking about it taking a long time really is a heavy criticism we can take years for teams of two or three to produce a game and they're doing okay really we give him a hard time but they do all right.

as one of their mottos is actually too quickly prototype and release things in beta testing as they can to the players constantly have something to work with that blueprints might be a great benefit to accelerating their workflow.

We shall see "soon"
      Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
      Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
      see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
      and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
      It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

Working...
      X