Who you would like to meet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who you would like to meet?

So I was thinking who I would meet in real life from these forum. So many nice, decent and funny people we have here. But my nr 1 is ManTin. We would have a blast I think
    So? Whos your nr 1?
    Stay strong!

My neighbour Canadians Turgeon and MightyPen, but we are lockdown and I’m an introvert that doesn’t socialize. Cheers to working from home!

Comment

• Turgeon
      Turgeon commented
      Editing a comment
      Thnk snoopy.

For me snoopy and myghtypen since they are closer but. Tinman for sure could be nice for sure what a mysterious man

Comment

• Turgeon
      Turgeon commented
      Editing a comment
      But lodwig bojck kurtcabage splendor And. Forsure exorcist. Whos my defender teacher we could talk a lot about ours shieldlover

My friend, have you been tipping to many 40s, err, 1.5L again?

I am frequently accused, accurately, of writing novels. This time? It is your fault!

Yes, would be great to meet so many people in person from here. Say that there is a #1 can be a rough call. There are so many, Yes, Wolf, would be great to meet. Would be great to meet some of the southern neighbors such as Turgeon and MightyPen . Going even farther south? There is MarkHark . Continuing to the junket of other hemispheres, there is the ever-popular TheExorcist and all his crazy wit and wisdom. Add in others like Ozymandius and the truly mysterious LodWig . There are even those like the main man, Travis.

How could one resist wanting to meet those with fantastic avatars like Romme . Others that are now absent like Shade Glow and even 13ft shadow . The sages like Nhat never cease to amaze and I can not help but wonder what they are like in person.

This is like giving an awards show speech. There is no possible way to mention everyone and someone important always gets forgotten.

Skipping to just spewing out some names?

Montresor
    Benedicto
    .sad.soul.
    mahara
    ShotDead
    lmcelhiney
    Christian Lamine

The list could only get longer of players that I have shared words with and enjoyed the interactions and wonder so much more about them. Any of them would be a pleasure to meet in person. Not listed? Do not be offended. The memory is the first thing that goes. There are many more than I have listed. I do not have a heart which leaves even more room for friends.

There are some that I truly consider friends in real-life RockDoc and Wagstaffer and am sure it is only a matter of time before our paths cross in person.

Looking beyond all of that? There is no doubt the one that is truly my number one person to meet. The one that I consider the most amazing and incredible warrior, Shilien .

I burned out on social media before there was ever truly such a thing. But, I love to help when I can on the Forum.

I hold interactions whether online or in-person with the same respect. Kind words and friendly harassments along with corrections and criticisms are appreciated.

Finding a community like the Eternium community was completely unexpected. Being able to continue knowing and interacting with you is a bright spot.

Be well everyone and prosper.

Comment

• Ozymandius
      Ozymandius commented
      Editing a comment
      Great list!

• Wolf86PL
      Wolf86PL commented
      Editing a comment
      Dear ManTin you sure know me well about % nothing much this time, just having thoughts at the end of the day. Just like to provoke grater minds than mine. No lack off sympathy in It whatsoever

• Turgeon
      Turgeon commented
      Editing a comment
      Woah you always impress me tin man. You got a nice list I must admit that all of them could be great to meat in real life. The difference for me between online and real life is the fact that i dont put number when talking not like with my ipad. Hahaha

Tin Man, Nhat, or Travis, I'd be happy to meet any one or all three.
    1.5.42/CL2166

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man View Post

How could one resist wanting to meet those with fantastic avatars like Romme . Others that are now absent like Shade Glow and even 13ft shadow . The sages like Nhat never cease to amaze and I can not help but wonder what they are like in person.
      I would add @Wispy of ELR Mage fame to the list of those now absent.

I imagine LodWig with Icedin and UmbraDei with a pencil behind his ear in a large control room with computers whirring as they run game simulations and complex hand written calculations on multiple white boards, maybe with some classic rock music playing. For me, the person who helped me the most when I first started playing Eternium was Nhat. I sort of imagine him sitting cross legged in a temple on the top of a mountain with a long line of followers patiently waiting on his sage wisdom to solve their problems.

It feels like a lot of forum discussion chatter has switched over to Discord these days, but I have been resistant to making the switch myself. Thanks for including me on list your list of notables!

Live long and prosper!

Comment

• Tin Man
        Tin Man commented
        Editing a comment
        'oy' DaSIQjaj

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        Tin Man 'oy'be'lu'chugh Qapbe'lu'.

Hats off to Wolf86PL for starting this thread. It's probably a question most of us have asked ourselves at some point if we've spent much time on the forums. When I first saw this thread my initial thoughts were about those that helped me figure out the game when I first started playing, then about those that have had a more personal impact. So here is my bakers dozen (plus a couple) of who I would like to meet from Eternium, in no particular order. I must point out there are probably another dozen active players whom at one point or another I've thought "that would be an interesting conversation to have with that person". So this is not an all inclusive listing, just what is coming off the top of my head, so I'm sure I'll miss someone.

There are those long suffering individuals that are still around and still dispensing great advice and game related conversation, including Travis, Nhat, Ozymandius, Romme and TheExorcist. Most of them have been around longer than me and offered advice and encouraging suggestions to me when I first started playing. Thank you.

Then there are others who are no longer participating or active in the forums like FendyBt2, Wagstaffer, NoSuchReality, Sanctum, Trouble, MarkHark, TerryDarc and ShotDead, all of whom were great sources of information and game wisdom when I was first learning. Your contributions to the game were appreciated.
      Then there are the few whom I have gotten to know on a more personal level.
      Tin Man I feel honored and fortunate to be able to call you friend. The fact that you are one of the most knowledgeable sources of Eternium information and game play is just a coincidental bonus to that friendship. I have always enjoyed our varied topics of discussion, and look forward to that day when our paths do cross. I'm certain we'll have an interesting conversation. We have so far!
      lmcelhiney is another player whom I've had the pleasure of getting to know out of game, and would like to meet in person if for no other reason than I think our shared eclectic interests would lead to an afternoon of interesting discussions.

Comment

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        +! to FendyBt2 He totally changed my ANB strategy for XP farming!!!

It is a wonderful time for introspection due to our past year! This last 12 months was the first year in a decade that I have actually been able to see four seasons in my backyard. Normally as a traveling consultant, I am home for one weekend each month...

I think that almost anyone who has been involved with Eternium and this forum for more than a heartbeat has interacted in some way with the folks mentioned, if nothing more than to send a message asking about the SECRET CODE! (currently 2,110,325 views of that post) It has often been interesting for me reading through the messages each day and gleaning what experience and wisdom is being shared. Learning about the posters through their writing style and willingness to share. (Often correcting my errors. :-)

It takes a special kind of person to sacrifice their own time to help others and I see many of those names in the previous posts in this thread. In my few years here, I have mostly lurked, letting others ask the questions that might make me look like a beginner. But I clearly understand the 100s of personal hours some folks have spent just trying to make it easier for others. Leaving a vast Knowledge Base legacy... (I run a couple of groups.io groups and am stymied by the lack of support for new users either through FAQ files or helpful answers.)
      This Forum is exemplary due to membership!

I have interacted with a few folks beyond what I would consider a gamer level. "The Doc" and I share some interests which go beyond hack and slash (\ and /) to the old school computer folks. :-)

---

Maybe, since we are all now so experienced with GoToMeeting, Zoom and Jitsi Meet, we should try to organize some sort of online Conference? It might be the only way we'll really meet...

(Over the past year, I have attended a conference on calculating devices, helped proctor FCC Examinations for Amateur Radio Licenses and attended biweekly Linux User Group meetings that span 8 time zones. So I know that this can be done.)

(I have attached a link which combines online meetings and the pandemic for your enjoyment.)

Comment

Working...
      X