No announcement yet.

[Age 35+] Your path through computer games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QuickBen is the Sacred series a PC game or an app?

Comment

Originally posted by Peacedawg View Post
      QuickBen is the Sacred series a PC game or an app?
      It's a PC single player game that came out at least 10 years ago. Ascaron Entertainment developed the game. The gear crafting system similar to Eternium with socketed gear. If you imagine gemstones for every stat in the game and four sockets on each piece of gear you get the idea. And you could adjust the settings to autosell anything that wasn't Legendary... Lots of fun

Comment

*hop* *hop* *hop*
        Bunny: " Ooooh a gaming topic! "
        *paws bunny snout* "What treasure and info it must contain!"

*paws open door* peek peek:

|DOOR SLAMS SHUT ON BUNNY's Snout!|

Bunny: *eeP! *"wAh the Wah?! What happened!? "

Topic bouncer sternly points to signboard above topic's entrance... [Age 35+]

Bouncer finger points to both eyes and stab at terrified bunny... then folds arms looking sternly...
        *Shoos bunny along*

Bunny dejectedly slumps away... turns back... *waves clenched paw*"Soon... I shall return!" she whispers to her furry self...

Edit: OH MY! This post is my meaning of life itself! 42th post!
        Last edited by Nightlyric; 09-24-2017, 03:00 AM.
        Self-cleaning Bunny...
        If my post don't make me smile on re-read...
        *poof!*~~ It's gone... (In my mouth it goes!)
        ~om~nom~nom~nom...
        Making the world a funny place~ one bunny-pellet at a time~

Comment

First game ever played on a PC: Dunjonquest on TRS80... sigh, old...

Favorite game I ever played? Westwood Studios Lands of Lore series... Best RPG game storyline, ever.
          Last edited by c0mad0r; 09-21-2017, 07:05 AM.
          HAME POPU QAHA 0909

Comment

Originally posted by Nightlyric View Post
            *hop* *hop* *hop*
            Bunny: " Ooooh a gaming topic! "
            *paws bunny snout* "What treasure and info it must contain!"

*paws open door* peek peek:

|DOOR SLAMS SHUT ON BUNNY's Snout!|

Bunny: *eeP! *"wAh the Wah?! What happened!? "

Topic bouncer sternly points to signboard above topic's entrance... [Age 35+]

Bouncer finger points to both eyes and stab at terrified bunny... then folds arms looking sternly...
            *Shoos bunny along*

Bunny dejectedly slumps away... turns back... *waves clenched paw*"Soon... I shall return!" she whispers to her furry self...
            Hey Nightlyric , please do come in! I didn't mean the [Age 35+] as a restriction, would love to hear from younger forum members as well... would my path have been different if I had started at a different point? Or would I just have followed the same games I played, just cutting out the oldest ones? I'll never know, but the experience of those younger than me might provide some insight....

Comment

.../ (^w^) \
              ...../\\ // \
              \__\ " " /__/

*Bunny dusts off her shins and slip pass the grunting bouncer waving merrily to Jose Sarmento *
              "Dodging tail grabs and many a cheek-pinching elders, bunny beelines to the bar stool"

Guess we might segment a gamer journey into cycles, stages that build off yet intermingle with each other~
              ~Casual intrigue (Stage where games were easily taken up and put down between life activities)
              ~Community unit (Stage where we play a game not just for personal stimuli but cos others are with you.)
              ~Active Contributor (beautiful stage where players contribute time|money|ideas to the game industry)
              ~New Game+ (don't know this stage yet but afraid I might find out)
              -fight it long enough and you become what you feared... #NEET #NGNL *shivers*

Casual intrigue:
              Hand held: Tamagotchi (Gift from a friend who sadly could not keep her tiny pile of poop-making pixels alive)
              PC: Neopets!
              (Yes I am a sucker for tiny fluffy pets...)

Community unit:
              The game that started me seriously on the gaming path:
              Ultima Online!
              Also had Great Friendly small community and a super solid RPG!
              Playing on a private server "shards" meant the person hosting the shard (GMs) is "Bruce Almighty!"
              Anything harebrained ideas players came up with sufficient voting became true! The small community of just 200 player (capped)
              actively designed the world around us! We each had rotating or voted-in Roles...

The shard was a song; And the song was exciting... it was such a time that came to pass;
              But the server loads come at night... With their ping-rates soft as thunder!; As they tear our screens apart!....
              Then they turn on who to blame and each other!
              So UO shut down all shards and killed the dream weeee... dreamed...

*Sobs*

Active Contributor:
              First handheld device: Gameboy Advance!
              First game bought: Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
              (In my infallible defense... they had cute chickens... that gave you s every-time you pick them up...)

First PC game bought:
              World of Warcraft: Expansion Cataclysm... Yup you secretly knew it would come...
              Many a-players are blight-touched by the shadow of WOW...
              Worgens got me into my wow period...

T'is was where my nick name found new meaning!
              Night Lyrical: I sung to the moon and whisper soothing tales amidst the stamina-regens and skill macro-ers...
              ~Perchance you may (old man voice: Stay awhile! and...) Listen and spare me smiley emoji!

~That is the tale of how this bunny journeyed till her tiny paws rests here before thee kind gents and honored frog...
              *slips off bar-stool* *much curtsy!* *such genuflecting!*

*Raises Mug of Carrot Juice!*
              A Toast to the Gamer's Life! To New Beginnings! To Micheal!

P.s.: No 5 gems after this ad, only warm fuzzy feelings... If you never saw this before... well... now you have...
              Last edited by Nightlyric; 09-24-2017, 03:00 AM.
              Self-cleaning Bunny...
              If my post don't make me smile on re-read...
              *poof!*~~ It's gone... (In my mouth it goes!)
              ~om~nom~nom~nom...
              Making the world a funny place~ one bunny-pellet at a time~

Comment

Thanks Nightlyric . Interesting to see the "sign of the times" in your "Community unit" stage; not so much a thing for us older folk, since for most of my gaming history the computers were NOT online. You played solo, or you played with friends in the same room using multiple joysticks or sections of the keyboard. The first LAN game I played (Quake) was in 1997-1998.

(yes, I know, things like Usenet / rec.alt.games etc. are much older than that, and I've seen my share of MUDs too. But at home / in high school I didn't have Internet access, really, so it was only in college (1997+) that I started communicating online.)

Comment

Nightlyric : Who could resist those cheeks?!

1st account (5/6/17): CEFO MALU HIDU 5680 Hero names: Vitari (BH), Ezos (Mage), Gallet (Warrior), Tuja (BH), Coka (Mage)

2nd account (8/15/17): WEMU KIYA KEYO 5706 Warrior names: Ares, Bromios, Cerberus, Deimos, Ether

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. ~Anaïs Nin

Comment

Sinclair ZX Spectrum whooping 16Kb RAM
                    PC in a keyboard what a beast

Comment

Russian analog Spectrum. Produced in 1986-1991. PS on keyboard too.
                      King of Android play
                      NODA ZUSI NUHA 1647

Comment

Originally posted by Dyoma View Post
                        Russian analog Spectrum. Produced in 1986-1991. PS on keyboard too.
                        Did you made this photo yourself, do still have it ?
                        We can not attain infinity but we can get to it.
                        XAZU DIBE MIWU 1759

Comment

Originally posted by Mohin View Post

Did you made this photo yourself, do still have it ?
                          I'm not sure, but maybe this thing is still kept by my mother
                          King of Android play
                          NODA ZUSI NUHA 1647

Comment

Dyoma , that is beautiful. You must be older than me, to assemble that in 1986-1991

I'd love to hear more about what games the three of you (Gorates, Mohin, Dyoma) played.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Sarmento View Post
                              Dyoma , that is beautiful. You must be older than me, to assemble that in 1986-1991

I'd love to hear more about what games the three of you (Gorates, Mohin, Dyoma) played.
                              I was born in 1978 It was my first game - The Prisoner!

King of Android play
                              NODA ZUSI NUHA 1647

Comment

WOW, *single-bit* color depth!

Comment

Working...
                                X