• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zx Zx spectrum?
    commador
    VCR
    Pagers
    Letters

What kind of primatve world did you people grow up in!?!
    Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
    Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
    see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
    and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
    It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Cultusfit View Post
      Zx Zx spectrum?
      commador
      VCR
      Pagers
      Letters

What kind of primatve world did you people grow up in!?!
      ...says the Millennial to the Gen X and older crowd, lol!
      DEPE CIQU ZILU 2182

Jonen: level 70 mage
      Voshek: level 70 warrior
      Odrin: level 70 bounty hunter
      Kyree: level 70 mage
      Felitza: level 70 bounty hunter
      CL 1339

Comment

Speaking of the ZX Spectrum, I now recall that we had a Timex computer of some sort before the Atari. It was black and had squishy keys (like you find on a cheap pocket calculator), and there was a blocky thing you plugged into the back that added more RAM.
        DEPE CIQU ZILU 2182

Jonen: level 70 mage
        Voshek: level 70 warrior
        Odrin: level 70 bounty hunter
        Kyree: level 70 mage
        Felitza: level 70 bounty hunter
        CL 1339

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixFitz View Post
          ...says the Millennial to the Gen X and older crowd, lol!
          Barely. I actually kind of remember that stuff
          im 32.
          Buy Bts fun to make you feel old
          Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
          Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
          see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
          and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
          It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

I can't say I have much experience with gaming. I wasn't really allowed to play videogames because my parents used to tell me that "it's only for boys" or that it's expensive (typical answers for Southeast Asia); my family never bought any gaminh system other than those lame Game N Watch and Tetris handhelds.

The earliest game I remember playing was Jeopardy that ran on DOS (lame, I know). I got hooked though when we finally had upgraded to a Win95 PC and it came with a cd with demo versions of several games; Descent (by Parallax) was my favorite. Then my highschool friends introduced me to videogame arcades and shops where we can rent SNES and Playstation consoles by the hour; we usually played japanese fighting games like Samurai Showdown, etc.

I was in college when I can say I really took to playing seriously. A friend was playing Diablo II and got me playing it, even through the expansion. I eventually moved on to Ragnarok Online and even interned in the local office during my last year of college; while the game was fun, it made me realize I'm not a fan of MMO interaction.

When I worked for a callcenter for PALM, I got to try all games available and got really addicted to playing Redshift's Legacy and The Quest; it's turn-based combat rpg where you move in a grid-like pattern. I even bought my own Palm device so I can continue playing all the official and fanmade expansions once I left the company. It was also on this device that I finally got to play all those old SNES games that I never got to try as a kid such as the older Final Fantasy Games, etc...since I had an emulator app.

Now though, I'm just replaying Diablo II on PC and Eternium on Android.

Comment

Sinclair, from the UK, "partnered" with Timex for US distribution. The ZX computers were all part of the same evolution. They used a 8080 CPU variation from Zilog, the Z80 The USA versions marked Timex were black plastic and the UK versions were white plastic for part of the time.

Comment

Working...
              X