• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zx Zx spectrum?
    commador
    VCR
    Pagers
    Letters

What kind of primatve world did you people grow up in!?!
    Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
    Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
    see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
    and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
    It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Cultusfit View Post
      Zx Zx spectrum?
      commador
      VCR
      Pagers
      Letters

What kind of primatve world did you people grow up in!?!
      ...says the Millennial to the Gen X and older crowd, lol!
      DEPE CIQU ZILU 2182

Jonen: level 70 mage
      Voshek: level 70 warrior
      Odrin: level 70 bounty hunter
      Kyree: level 70 mage
      Felitza: level 70 bounty hunter
      CL 1339

Comment

Speaking of the ZX Spectrum, I now recall that we had a Timex computer of some sort before the Atari. It was black and had squishy keys (like you find on a cheap pocket calculator), and there was a blocky thing you plugged into the back that added more RAM.
        DEPE CIQU ZILU 2182

CL 1339

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixFitz View Post
          ...says the Millennial to the Gen X and older crowd, lol!
          Barely. I actually kind of remember that stuff
          im 32.
          Buy Bts fun to make you feel old

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...

Comment

I can't say I have much experience with gaming. I wasn't really allowed to play videogames because my parents used to tell me that "it's only for boys" or that it's expensive (typical answers for Southeast Asia); my family never bought any gaminh system other than those lame Game N Watch and Tetris handhelds.

The earliest game I remember playing was Jeopardy that ran on DOS (lame, I know). I got hooked though when we finally had upgraded to a Win95 PC and it came with a cd with demo versions of several games; Descent (by Parallax) was my favorite. Then my highschool friends introduced me to videogame arcades and shops where we can rent SNES and Playstation consoles by the hour; we usually played japanese fighting games like Samurai Showdown, etc.

I was in college when I can say I really took to playing seriously. A friend was playing Diablo II and got me playing it, even through the expansion. I eventually moved on to Ragnarok Online and even interned in the local office during my last year of college; while the game was fun, it made me realize I'm not a fan of MMO interaction.

When I worked for a callcenter for PALM, I got to try all games available and got really addicted to playing Redshift's Legacy and The Quest; it's turn-based combat rpg where you move in a grid-like pattern. I even bought my own Palm device so I can continue playing all the official and fanmade expansions once I left the company. It was also on this device that I finally got to play all those old SNES games that I never got to try as a kid such as the older Final Fantasy Games, etc...since I had an emulator app.

Now though, I'm just replaying Diablo II on PC and Eternium on Android.

Comment

Sinclair, from the UK, "partnered" with Timex for US distribution. The ZX computers were all part of the same evolution. They used a 8080 CPU variation from Zilog, the Z80 The USA versions marked Timex were black plastic and the UK versions were white plastic for part of the time.

Comment

Gaming was something i did with Dad (who sadly passed away last week). There are a few games that stand out.

We spent an awful lot of time playing Elite

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/y3xHj0plhDU/hqdefault.jpg

Then he got me a commodore and we played apache gunship

https://www.google.com/search?q=apac...YJutw_TAuK3BM:

We also spent ages progressing through games called 'ring of darkness' and 'return of the ring'

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/GZVvgXzdK3M/hqdefault.jpg

As a student i played Muds more than i should have (batmud etc)

Then nothing for years, until i played a little wow, and the CIV series

Now ...eternium and a bit of dungeon quest, but casually.

Comment

My computer didn't come with a fancy graphics card, so I had assumed that it wouldn't run well with anything more intensive than Eternium, but out of curiosity, I installed WoW and it actually worked! I'm not too keen on what Blizzard did to the world or the mechanics with the Cataclysm and later expansions, so I spent some time trying out private servers with older versions of the game. I've settled on the Wrath of the Litch King PvE server hosted by www.wow-mania.com, and I've been enjoying the nostalgia of Azeroth for a few weeks now.
                  Last edited by PhoenixFitz; 01-31-2019, 06:06 PM.
                  DEPE CIQU ZILU 2182

CL 1339

Comment

I originally played MYST on a Apple Macintosh, using a 1Gb harddrive to copy the entire 700Mb CD.

The 25th Anniversary of MYST spawned a Kickstarter activity, to which I subscribed. I have just received all of the MYST family of games on DVD, set up to run on a current MacOS computer (MYST, Riven, Exile, Revelation, End of Ages, URU and realMYST). In addition, they provided all 7 games on GOG or Steam for online play.

(I had forgotten that Classic MYST had been created with every scene on HyperCard, They then converted it to a code format which allowed it to be run on Windows as well.)

However, the ultimate reward for the Kickstarter project was a fullsized MYST book with a built in microcontroller which displays the "flyby" videos on a screen. Almost enough to touch and be transported! (There is a short video online.)

Comment

Dont forget arcade (pinny) parlours, wonderboy in monsterland, kungfu, moon buggy to name a few.
                      commodore 64-
                      sega mega drive-
                      pc
                      phone
                      too many games to name but mainly rpg&strategy with a few 1st petson shooters to thrown in there

Comment

Originally posted by Madhatter View Post
                        Dont forget arcade (pinny) parlours, wonderboy in monsterland, kungfu, moon buggy to name a few.
                        commodore 64-
                        sega mega drive-
                        pc
                        phone
                        too many games to name but mainly rpg&strategy with a few 1st petson shooters to thrown in there
                        remember this?

Attached Files

Comment

Greetings,
                          My first console was an Intellivision system that played only Pong, after that I cycled through pretty much every system that has ever been released to date. I am currently 52 years old and will not stop gaming until the day my heart stops beating.
                          I am and have always been an MMORPG fanatic which started with old school dos based computers and the introduction of MUDs, I slowly graduated through the cycle of graphic MMO games starting with Ultiima Online, I still play a few different MMO's on a regular basis.
                          My favorite of all time was Vanguard Saga of Heroes, a game that when released scared Sony so badly that they ended up buying out the company that created and released it and shut the game down to do away with competition created towards their golden child EverQuest. Later Sony tried to revive the game but it was to late as 95% of the player base had moved on and were not willing to come back to the company that had taken their favorite game away from them. I was addicted to the crafting system in Vanguard and i did return when Sony relaunched, but the player base never recovered and the game simply became boring as there were not enough players to put together a simple raid much less a large one. I too finally gave up and moved on as playing an MMO with no ability to raid for gear and such is IMHO pointless. I miss the game greatly!

Comment

Age. . 33

Made my own
                            Just felt like updating.
                            Might finish then game by time I'm 50

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Wilson View Post

remember this?
                              Is that nintendo? I never really played nintendo... tje screen looks fimilar though but no, its name escapes me

Comment

Originally posted by Madhatter View Post
                                Is that nintendo? I never really played nintendo... tje screen looks fimilar though but no, its name escapes me
                                That's an old Sega Genesis game called Space Harrier.

Comment

Working...
                                X