Eternium

Announcement

Collapse

Join the Magic & Empire Mobile Beta

Magic & Empire played on a tablet looks like fantasized turn-based strategy sweetness.

https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/ma...ile-interested

Come check out what's happening with our latest game hitting beta. We could use some folks interested in playing the first public mobile builds. View the thread linked below and hit me up or your pal Travis (Admin) if you want to take part.
See more
See less

Forum Suggestion (not game suggestion)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Suggestion (not game suggestion)

Put a sticky at the top of (1) General Discussion, (2) Players Helping Players and (3) Guides & Walkthroughs, which states in the title "READ THE GUIDES & FAQs BEFORE POSTING"

Also, you get a notice when you "post your first post"... put in the auto-reply the same thing.

I would even volunteer some time to add to, update, and improve the guides. Probably several of us would. What I mean is: if a "good question" is posted that is NOT already answered in one of the guides/FAQs, we would then add it to the appropriate guide.

VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381
    ~ Gethi, mage, TL109 mobile & TL115 PC
    ~ Kisheli, XP mage, TL109 PC
    ~ Ketushi, mage in A New Beginning, TL100

+everythang!

Comment

I would be down to help update or write a new general newb guide. Also open to working with others on that topic if they are interested as well.

Comment

The only issue with "read the guides" is that they will need to be kept up to date with the latest content - or at least updated to note that it have not yet been updated... Would it be possible to do a "guide" group, or something like that? Which would enable multiple users to update the same post - or should we be moving these things to the Wiki?

- Existing proposal for guides links

- Existing Wiki - by SoulGaming2 ?

- New "consolidated" tutorials - by EterniumTutorials / Prakash Bebington
        Jewelry Guide (09 Feb 18 - "Custom Rare Jewelry" usage & "5/4 vs 6/3" rough notes)

Files: (You don't need Dropbox, select "Direct Download" to download)
        * Base Attributes and Formulae (28 Jan 18 - BH from 1.2.75 have 5% base Parry Chance)
        * Champion Points Distribution "helper" (14 Feb 18 - DPS/Damage with "New" allocations)
        * Jewelry Crafting/Fusing (08 Feb 18 - v1.2.88, no changes found)

Comment

The guides are mostly up to date, if anyone is interested in fixing them just it's ok to just copy them into a new thread and make the necessary adjustments.

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post
            Put a sticky at the top of (1) General Discussion, (2) Players Helping Players and (3) Guides & Walkthroughs, which states in the title "READ THE GUIDES & FAQs BEFORE POSTING"
            Good idea. Done.

Also, you get a notice when you "post your first post"... put in the auto-reply the same thing.
            These forums are used for all of our titles, so this wouldn't work.

Comment

Some of the guides were written by people who probably don't play any more, or don't want to dedicate that much time any more. So they aren't around or aren't interested in updating them. And that's fine.

We could follow Humus' suggestion, and someone could copy & paste an existing guide into a new thread -- the willing person would "own" that particular guide and should of course be willing to spend a reasonable amount of time, both now and in the future, to maintain it. This person would make the updates, but the content itself could be contributed by any forum member and then the owner would copy & paste into his/her main post.

While the new guide is a work in progress, it could reside in "General Discussion". When the forum community believes it's "good enough for now", then Travis, assuming he agrees to all this, could remove the old guide from the GUIDES section -- or leave it and mark it "old" somehow -- and replace that guide with the new one, obviously moving the new one to the "Guides & Walkthroughs" section. There could even be a NEW section called "Guides Still In Progress" (or whatever) and the new guides could reside there until it's time for the aforementioned swap.

Just a few thoughts... I could update the Schmilo guide (I already have Part 1 and Part 2 done).

VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Faelyn are you interested in coordinating updates on a specific guide? You mention the newb guide -- how about this one? We should ask heyjude1971 before proceeding -- I think he/she may still play.
                VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Faelyn are you interested in coordinating updates on a specific guide?
                  Yes, I am open to do pretty much any guide minus the math heavy ones.

I want to comment on a new idea guide though - a guide for efficient playing for newbs. heyjude has a great overlay of the game for newbs in her guide, but as I first started playing and read that guide, it left quite a few questions unanswered pertaining to the gameplay itself. Some of those questions included whats the fastest way to level pre and post 70, what class I should play, what I should be aiming for, what I should be doing? For example with gems, there is a do and don't list, but there isn't info on when and where. This guide can be on hold after others are updated though.

Other than that, as I mentioned, I am open to help. How if you start a new thread and see how many volunteers we have to work with? We can start organizing what needs to be done as well as who does what when we have some numbers. If there are only you and me up for it then we can just coordinate in our pm

Comment

We should ask heyjude1971 before proceeding -- I think he/she may still play.
                    She doesn't come to the forums anymore and already said it's okay to take her guide and paste it into yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Faelyn View Post
                      I want to comment on a new idea guide though - a guide for efficient playing for newbs. heyjude has a great overlay of the game for newbs in her guide, but as I first started playing and read that guide, it left quite a few questions unanswered pertaining to the gameplay itself. Some of those questions included whats the fastest way to level pre and post 70, what class I should play, what I should be aiming for, what I should be doing? For example with gems, there is a do and don't list, but there isn't info on when and where. This guide can be on hold after others are updated though.

Other than that, as I mentioned, I am open to help. How if you start a new thread and see how many volunteers we have to work with? We can start organizing what needs to be done as well as who does what when we have some numbers. If there are only you and me up for it then we can just coordinate in our pm
                      The newb guide anyway says the fastest way to level pre and post 70 although it hasn't been updated. There is no reason to play any class over a different one unless you want to gemstone farm. Play whatever you want, you can do Eeny, meeny, miny, moe if you have trouble deciding. You should be aiming for fun and having fun. With gems do those things when possible, who cares if you do them out of order? I think the problem with the newb guide is it has too much info and can be overwhelming for actual new players.
                      I'm not interested in writing a guide but I can point out edits that I think should be made. I already posted in the newb guide a while ago what edits need to be done, it's at the end of the thread.
                      ​​​​​​
                      ​​

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
                        The newb guide anyway says the fastest way to level pre and post 70 although it hasn't been updated. There is no reason to play any class over a different one unless you want to gemstone farm. Play whatever you want, you can do Eeny, meeny, miny, moe if you have trouble deciding. You should be aiming for fun and having fun. With gems do those things when possible, who cares if you do them out of order? I think the problem with the newb guide is it has too much info and can be overwhelming for actual new players.
                        I'm not interested in writing a guide but I can point out edits that I think should be made. I already posted in the newb guide a while ago what edits need to be done, it's at the end of the thread.
                        ​​​​​​
                        ​​
                        Well one of the things I mentioned this guide was geared for was efficiency, with helping new players make choices easier. There are some people, like me, who must know absolutely everything before making a choice for fear of doing something wrong.

Some people like a certain playstyle of a class more than others, while some people like the class itself more than others. Some people have more fun playing a certain class more than others, so there is reason. I'm not saying you must play this or that, but I can shed some insight that might help someone pick a main.

A guide is a guide, not a rule. Some people might not care if they spend gems out of order, or waste gems on something you generally shouldn't waste gems on, but I personally do. I just want to provide insight on their options.

Fun is an important aspect of gaming, but I personally wouldn't have fun if I was making wrong choices in games. Again, I am not trying to create a rulebook. I just want to give players an easier time to decide what they want to do. There is a difference between casual and competitive players.

The current newb guide is overwhelming, I agree. Even today, when I checked up on it, I felt it was a bit much. A lot of things there can be simplified, but still it's a good overlay of this game.

All in all, I didn't say that I will make this guide. If there are others like you who don't see the point or need, then I won't. I'll just help out the other ones that need a touch up.

Comment

Originally posted by Faelyn View Post
                          All in all, I didn't say that I will make this guide. If there are others like you who don't see the point or need, then I won't. I'll just help out the other ones that need a touch up.
                          PLEASE do make it, there are way too many people asking for it already.

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
                            PLEASE do make it, there are way too many people asking for it already.
                            Alright, then I will. I just interpreted your earlier post as there is no need. Before starting, I will see how big of a priority this guide holds after I know the situation on the how the others will be gone about. Whether I do this later or now depends on the current situation on what needs to be done to the other guides.

Comment

How about let's just proceed. I suggest one guide per person so it doesn't get overwhelming. Copy & paste the guide you choose to work on into a new thread, making updates as you see fit. Add additional content as well. Look for suggestions throughout the old guide thread / replies -- like Humus said. Whatever input you conveniently find and like, go ahead with it. Then, in that forthcoming post, at the bottom of it, ask for further input. You will likely get plenty of additional suggestions. Furthermore, ask the people to write out and format the additional content so that you're not the only one putting time into the word-smithing and formatting.

Faelyn -- you could take the "Newb" guide
                              to update & replace THIS
                              but probably keep THIS separate (?)

Nhat -- jewelry crafting?
                              to update, consolidate & replace THIS, THIS and THIS
                              plus include 'new' content like THIS, THIS and THIS

Coda -- stats and D/T/R calcs
                              to update & replace THIS

_______ -- farming gemstones -- maybe one of the masters at this method could volunteer (maybe hades0505 )
                              to update & replace THIS
                              and include THIS

_______ -- optimizing Champion Points
                              to consolidate & replace THIS and THIS
                              and include THIS

_______ -- Build Guide for Trials vs. XP (maybe abc127 )
                              to replace THIS
                              maybe this becomes 2 guides, one for Trials & one for XP
                              then the XP guide could absorb THIS
                              Last edited by Coda; 01-17-2018, 04:43 PM.
                              VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Working...
                              X