Question: Eternium & signing in to Google Play Games on Android device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: Eternium & signing in to Google Play Games on Android device

Does signing in to Google Play Games (on an Android device, within the game on the home screen, in the upper right corner) ... does it "do anything" ?

I have the impression that "logging in directly" via email & password, in the big panel on the left side, saves my entire game to the server. If I tap the green light in the upper right, I can see that this is being done. So not sure what else / what "benefit", that comes from the Google Play sign-in?

Just curious, and it's NBD, hence put this as "off-topic".

VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381 -|- Gethi, mage, & Kisheli, XP mage

No real benefit.

Comment

The only benefit is to raise the level of your Google play account by completing the in game objectives. Nothing important though.

Comment

Although the "Sign in with Google Play" button being "under" the status light does annoy me a bit - when I'm at the "home" screen and want to check when the next server save will be before closing the game. Every now and then you press the wrong one by mistake and I get the exception error, since I don't even have Google Play installed on my phone.

No big deal, just a few extra tabs, and having to be careful where I press...
        Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:(I'm no longer updating any of the above, feel free to use anything there and make updated versions, for them - if you wish)

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
          Although the "Sign in with Google Play" button being "under" the status light does annoy me a bit - when I'm at the "home" screen and want to check when the next server save will be before closing the game. Every now and then you press the wrong one by mistake and I get the exception error, since I don't even have Google Play installed on my phone.

No big deal, just a few extra tabs, and having to be careful where I press...
          Why do that much work when you can just go back to character screen by clicking play and then going for the status light press.

Comment

Originally posted by Primus View Post
            Why do that much work when you can just go back to character screen by clicking play and then going for the status light press.
            Some times, moving from the character screen back to the "home" screen triggers a server save - or at least schedules one in the next few seconds. My phone is slow, most of the time, so I got into the habbit of waiting for the server save to complete before closing it, just in case.
            Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:(I'm no longer updating any of the above, feel free to use anything there and make updated versions, for them - if you wish)

Comment

Right, GPG is only there because it's a requirement from Google. It only benefits those who actually care about GPG achievements.

Comment

I played for the gauntlet for a couple hours to secure #1 spot in normal, heroic, and legendary for the Amazon Gamecircle.. I guess I care about that leader board more than the trial leader board, lol.
                ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
                ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
                Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Potato View Post
                  I played for the gauntlet for a couple hours to secure #1 spot in normal, heroic, and legendary for the Amazon Gamecircle.. I guess I care about that leader board more than the trial leader board, lol.
                  ​​​​​​Just out of curiosity...have you checked those GameCircle leaderboards recently? I'm curious if they are universal for all players or if they are broken down into groups...because when I check them, it shows that I'M number 1 in those survival leaderboards.

Comment

Working...
                  X