BH question, which is best?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BH question, which is best?

Personally, I've been using a 2/2/2 setup (assault, adventure, stalker) for my BH for a while now, because it seems to be the best dps + all around stat boost setup that I have.

With my current setup I have: 310k DPS, 149k Toughness, 41k Recovery with 44k health, 1900 LOH, 38% Crit, 1k CD, 6.3 HR

Current abilities are: Scatter Shot/Lethal Shot, Snipe/Heatseakers, Celerity/Piercing Ammo all lvl 10

^--- I use scatter instead of explosive because quite frankly it just seems to do more multi-damage to targets in large groups for me.

Having said that....

I've read about a lot of the higher ranked guys liking full assault with scatter shot and charged ammo. But the problem that goes through my head is when I equip all 6 assault, my stats just tank. 2 of the pieces are epic with sockets, 3 are legendary, and the pads are normal epic which is the only piece that could have better attributes.

With full assault I have: 262k DPS, 147k Toughness, 41k Recovery with 42k health, 1900 LOH, 33% Crit, 950k CD, 6.4 HR

Now here's my question, with the abilities of the assault gear, switching out heatseakers with rapid fire, and piercing ammo with charged ammo... would it make up for such a large gap in DPS? Or should I stick with my 2/2/2 setup and just wait out the grind and hope for top tier assault gear because I must say that I've stuck with the current simply because it's such a tough setup stat wise to beat? I do prefer offensive builds.

I've been farming trial 66 with my current setup comfortably at 4.5-5mins

a tl;dr post: check the leader boards, full assault is a must imo, even if the items are shitty, youll find new ones easily once you farm 80+ lvls with exp gear

gl hf

Comment

Im hearing full assualt for Pc / Stalker for Mobile... but im new to BH also so pose the same question?
      D-372964/T-267686/R-31128 at current with 4x Havoc/2xAdv... (still waiting on that good Assault/Stalker gear)

Comment

Originally posted by MBHW_ View Post
        Now here's my question, with the abilities of the assault gear, switching out heatseakers with rapid fire, and piercing ammo with charged ammo... would it make up for such a large gap in DPS? Or should I stick with my 2/2/2 setup and just wait out the grind and hope for top tier assault gear because I must say that I've stuck with the current simply because it's such a tough setup stat wise to beat? I do prefer offensive builds.
        Assuming you're on PC and you're going to be using Assault.. Then yes it will make up for any visible dps loss.. Rapid fire will be a constant cast so you'll literally always be doing the extra damage from rapid fire.. It will dwarf Heatseeker.. As for charged ammo.. You need to replace celerity with it, not piercing ammo.. Piercing ammo is part of the setup for Assault to be so deadly with charged ammo.
        QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635
        CL 1000000000
        Elenora-Stalker BH-Trial 100
        Skyla-Warrior-DW-Trial 109 Rank#(?)
        (Previously Rank#420 Global LB)

Starla-Frost Mage-Trial 103
        Meatsak-809%Exp.War.Shield.-Trial 102

Disposabull-BH.As\St-The Farmer- Trial 91
        Hacker, not to be confused with cheater or cracker..

Comment

Most of your damage comes from abilities, not your plain old auto-attacks. So, the DPS drop should be outweighed by the increase in casting speed of RF (for assault), or by auto casting snipe (for stalker). Take a look at the leaderboards and look at their trial stats too. For someone who runs assault, their top damage line should probably be rapid fire then charged shots. For someone running stalker, it will be snipe proc. By not running the full sets, you're gaining stats but losing the big actual damage boosts that those sets provide with their 6/6 buffs.
          ANB#3 Mage rank #91 TL95
          Exclusively mobile player

Comment

True its hard to beat full set Stalker/Assualt gear for the passives and extra attacks especially when the gear stats are good..! Heatseekers seem to become less usefull at highers CL's... if you have good full set armor use it it will be worth it as you progress...

Comment

Working...
            X