Mage question on power of Sigularity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mage question on power of Sigularity

Mage currently at trial level 99 and have been looking at statistics of those mages at top of leaderboard. Noticed that leaders have astronomical dps levels for singularity. Top mage (Purple), for example, has an astounding singularity dps of 68.25 m, and accounts for most of the damage. This is three times the damage of this mage’s arcane bolts. By contrast, my dps for singularity is a paltry 6.43 m which about the same as my arcane bolt damage. We can’t see other player attributes on leaderboard, so I am curious as how can you get singularity to such high levels. I was under the assumption that singularity’s prime purpose was to gather opponents into a bunch for a quick kill with a more powerful weapon. How does singularity become the most powerful weapon in the mage arsenal?

Thank you for the "good question"...im using singularity 10...i would like to know the answer too...

Comment

Watch the videos of
      Purple Potatolama75 playing Mage in Gameplay Videos section and you'll see how. Just FYI, the top Mages like Purple and Lama use Arc Lightning (lv 10) and Arcane bolts (lv 10) in alteration, AL gives an alacrity boost that carries over to AB for a few seconds and a gives a cool down reduction as well. Most of these Mages' damage comes from Blizzard, Singularity, and Immolate proc from Apprentice 6, so theyre not really relying on Arcane Bolt as a major damage dealer so far as I understand.

here is Lama's vid: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...-mage-gameplay

here is Purple's: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...rial-116-video
      Last edited by Oldmobilenewbie; 10-10-2018, 02:34 AM.
      Mobile only player
      Assault BH Tunre TL 111 in 9:44

Comment

If you go into the leaderboard link and click on “view trial stats” you’ll see most of their damage is from singularity by a wide margin. That is my question. Why would singularity be so much more powerful than the arc lightning/arcane bolts combo (which I do use)?

Comment

as usual.. what a nice chap you are Oldmobilenewbie...trying to upgrade my mage ..always havin trouble with "Nasty Elban" but not Magroth or the Dragon...its proper for me to use Purple Potato and Lama videos as guidance...would watch them ASAP!!!..thank you
          Last edited by TheExorcist; 10-10-2018, 02:45 AM.

Comment

The answer is ~1500 AR + integralas mantle and making a map in 3 (or 2, if it's a great map) pulls
            ANB #1- Mage Rank 17..... T107 in 9:47
            ANB #2- Mage Rank 1....... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 1........ T122 in 9:05.
            Live LB- XP Mage Rank 31. T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

From what I've seen, from limitted Mage tests and gameplay, Singularity hits a LOT more targets at once than AB or AL. It "strikes" at the same rate as your Mage's current attack speed (AL boost AS, which helps with Alacrity triggers, not Alacrity directly), but it can hit more than 10 targets per "strike" - thus higher comparable damage.

Of course, this means that you need to be pulling 10+ mobs to see such numbers...

To add to the "fun", I believe each of those hit currently proc LoH as well (please advise if incorrect, thanks)
              Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 10 Aug 2018)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Nhat im starting to believe that not all bolts from singularity procs LoH. However it procs far more than APS would suggest. I’m not certain the specific mechanics. But during my test run with high LoH (4K+), I wasn’t getting the immortality feel that I was expecting.
                GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Also, there is quite some skill in firing your Singularities optimally. You generally don't want to use it to "push" mobs away (that will fill their CC bar, and wreck the placement of your Apprentice Immolate procs relatively to the mob); much better to fire Singularity towards where you're moving so that it "travels along" with the mob and damages them throughout its whole duration.

Same concept applies to firing it against bosses, as the notorious RiseOfAbyss explained to me. I've taken that a little further to attempting to place the boss fight close to something that I can bounce Singularity against (some trees, rocks, pillars, work for this, but not all), so that I can keep it damaging 100% of the time even when boss isn't moving.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Moon View Post
                    How does singularity become the most powerful weapon in the mage arsenal?
                    Short answer? By luring a LOT of targets into a single group and then firing Singularity through the group. Takes some skill to do it without getting killed, but it saves time in the long run, because Mages have lots of AoE attacks.

Blizzard is pretty potent too, but I believe Singularity recharges faster, and it doesn't allow its victims to wander away.

Comment

Thanks for all the great responses, much appreciated! I think there are a few things going on in my case. I’m a little below the optimum levels of AR, CR, and CD. I’ve got plenty of damage, but I think I need to up the levels in those 3 attributes to make the damage more effective for those abilities. In addition, I haven’t mastered the skill of the “pull” to efficiently gather large crowds of opponents. As mentioned, I’m at trial level 99 and playing on mobile device and don’t participate in ANB events, so I shouldn’t expect to go much higher, especially if I don’t learn to master crowd gathering. So, maybe part of the problem may lie in the skill of the operator

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Moon View Post
                        Thanks for all the great responses, much appreciated! I think there are a few things going on in my case. I’m a little below the optimum levels of AR, CR, and CD. I’ve got plenty of damage, but I think I need to up the levels in those 3 attributes to make the damage more effective for those abilities. In addition, I haven’t mastered the skill of the “pull” to efficiently gather large crowds of opponents. As mentioned, I’m at trial level 99 and playing on mobile device and don’t participate in ANB events, so I shouldn’t expect to go much higher, especially if I don’t learn to master crowd gathering. So, maybe part of the problem may lie in the skill of the operator
                        Just start with maybe 4-5 packs and build from there, as you learn how long you can aggro before losing the trailing packs, etc.

Strut (strut_v_9000 or something) had a good guide concerning map choices for Mage. Studying the map immediately when the Trial starts is also key.

Comment

Travis,
                          Seems this thread should not be in Tech Support?
                          VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381
                          ~ Gethi, mage, TL109 mobile & TL121 PC
                          ~ Kisheli, XP mage, TL112

~ ANB-beta, TL100 (#1); ANB1, TL116 (top 10); ANB2, TL110 (top 10);
                          ANB3, TL112 (top 10)

Comment

Funny. I moved it before I even saw your post. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Sarmento View Post
                              much better to fire Singularity towards where you're moving so that it "travels along" with the mob and damages them throughout its whole duration.
                              Something that I still suck at as evident by my singularity numbers compared to RoA as you mentioned.
                              ANB #1- Mage Rank 17..... T107 in 9:47
                              ANB #2- Mage Rank 1....... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 1........ T122 in 9:05.
                              Live LB- XP Mage Rank 31. T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Working...
                              X