Feeling a little ripped off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling a little ripped off

So I bought the STORMBLADE $7.49 utility item box which promises a powerful blade that grows with your hero (pictured and attached) .. Given the description I was sort of expecting a legendary.
    ​​​​​​
    Not so .. What I got was an EPIC Considerably weaker than my current weapon . Not exactly what I'd call powerful considering my legendary weapon isn't exactly the top of the rang since I haven't even reached trial 70 where the good stuff to collect starts up (also attached)

As you can see my legendary weapon is good but not the be all and end all of weapons (attached)

At least I got a currency and experience booster out of it.. But still... A POWERFUL BLADE. I'd say a sort of semi powerful blade useful for the new noobs

Once burned twice shy ya know... I'm hesitant to buy anything else given the vague description of what you get

Anybody else get stung by this or is it random and some people got legendary .. You can only buy two Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181124-212916_Eternium.jpg
Views:	1331
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	119064Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181124-212955_Eternium.jpg
Views:	1324
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	119065Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181124-213006_Eternium.jpg
Views:	1276
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	119066

Sorry for the belated info, and confusion with the item. Stormblade, Stormgun and Skybreaker are all Epic Living weapons - I'll add them to the newb guide...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-11-24-22-15-56.png Views:	1 Size:	279.6 KB ID:	119068Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-11-24-22-16-00.png Views:	1 Size:	281.8 KB ID:	119069

Edit:
    I think those would be the only "vague description" items, all other packs seems straight forward enough.

Custom Rare Jewelry gives you the box to craft 1 level 70 Rare (blue) piece of you choice - see: https://forum.makingfun.com/node/85286

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-11-24-22-46-29.png Views:	1 Size:	97.1 KB ID:	119071Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-11-24-22-46-34.png Views:	1 Size:	97.2 KB ID:	119072

Custom Legendary box allow you to craft 1 level 70 set/named item for the Hero "opening" it, also allow you to choose the 4 stats for the it.

(some examples, note icon for item in "crafting menu" is bugged, and the special ability's trigger chance and value are also a range, not the supposedly fixed values shown in the menu)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-11-24-22-46-45.png Views:	1 Size:	142.0 KB ID:	119073Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-11-24-22-46-55.png Views:	1 Size:	139.6 KB ID:	119074Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-11-24-22-47-05.png Views:	1 Size:	146.5 KB ID:	119075
    Last edited by Nhat; 11-24-2018, 11:54 AM.
    Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Well vagueness is as vagueness does, I have 18000 gems and 4 million gold, I only bought it for the weapon, I can easily afford the currency and experience booster, plus I already subscribe to the $4.99 a month 100 gems a day, so I'm happy for them to return my $7.49 for the vagueness ​​​​​​, though I'm not holding my breath

Comment

Wasnt the stormblade/stormgun offered for like $1 when you first started playing the game? Anyway since its epic tier you should know a decent legendary L70 sword/weapon would surpass it in late game
        Currently playing hundred soul...

Comment

Ummmm no, I don't recall the Stormblade being offered for like $1..ever... In fact I've never been offered ANY WEAPONS for $1 in game money or real money... Perhaps that's before my time (only been playing 4-5 months) , I'd never even heard of the weapon.. Thus had 0.0 point of reference... And since I'm a mage I've definitely never heard of the stormgun.

And of course since it wasn't offered to me at $1 and since I hadn't heard of it, I wouldn't know its an EPIC WEAPON. Yes I know it's an EPIC WEAPON.. . After I bought it.

Actually as I'm writing this and casting my mind back, I wasn't offered ANYTHING to buy for $1 PERIOD. . Every weapon every armour, ever boot, every shield, cape and hat I either bought in the shop (not for $1) or I got from a chest or earned in the TRIALS. I'm not sure where you got that from... Maybe somebody that's played it a lot longer can weigh in on this.

Comment

The offer was send by mail shortly after you begin playing the game.
            Stormgun deal Stormblade deal is the offer that is offered after reaching level 3 - Marcus's Village. This offer brings you one special item, which is the part of the Living Items set - the Stormblade. This weapon is only available from this offer and the offer will be auto lost after 48 hours...
            Currently playing hundred soul...

Comment

Soooo not $1 and if I didn't see it in 48 hours after starting the game, it was gone

Well that might explain it.. I played for 2 two months not registered on the game server (local only) because for two months no matter how many times I gave the server my email (like 5 different email addresses) it would never send me the email to let me join the online server .. Finally after trying again and again I made up ANOTHER Gmail address and this one finally worked... So I'm guessing I never got to see that offer.

Comment

The Stormblade Deal is offered to the first Mage or Warrior on each account when they finish the 3rd story map. The Stormgun Deal is offered to the first Bounty Hunter at the same point. If you don't take advantage of the offer within 48 hours after it's shown, then you miss out and your only chance to get the weapons again is through bundles during casual events.

Comment

Originally posted by Batfink View Post
                  Ummmm no, I don't recall the Stormblade being offered for like $1..ever... In fact I've never been offered ANY WEAPONS for $1 in game money or real money... Perhaps that's before my time (only been playing 4-5 months) , I'd never even heard of the weapon.. Thus had 0.0 point of reference... And since I'm a mage I've definitely never heard of the stormgun.

And of course since it wasn't offered to me at $1 and since I hadn't heard of it, I wouldn't know its an EPIC WEAPON. Yes I know it's an EPIC WEAPON.. . After I bought it.

Actually as I'm writing this and casting my mind back, I wasn't offered ANYTHING to buy for $1 PERIOD. . Every weapon every armour, ever boot, every shield, cape and hat I either bought in the shop (not for $1) or I got from a chest or earned in the TRIALS. I'm not sure where you got that from... Maybe somebody that's played it a lot longer can weigh in on this.
                  Unfortunately, as mentioned, the offer was pretty easy to miss, if you're not playing consistently.

I've done at least 50 "local account" tests since I started playing up to the latest version 1.3.19 and all of them got the in-game mail for the weapon. Stormblade is offered to the FIRST Warrior/Mage (since they share the weapon) to have completed Marcus Village for the account, and Stormgun is offered for the FIRST Bounty Hunter. The account doesn't need to be saved to the server in order for you to get the in-game mail offer.

(screenshots of in-game mail offers, taken from v.1.2 - it's $1.29 AUD and $0.99 USD, and whatever the equivalent for other currencies...)

Click image for larger version  Name:	21.png Views:	1 Size:	193.4 KB ID:	119120Click image for larger version  Name:	22.png Views:	2 Size:	163.3 KB ID:	119119

Edit:
                  I've got to say though, now that it's been pointed out about the misleading "powerful", the word "epic" here can be taken the same way - in the sense that it's an epic (great) weapon, not that it's an Epic weapon in the game's classification of things (Common/Uncommon/Rare/Epic/Legendary)
                  Last edited by Nhat; 11-24-2018, 10:33 PM.
                  Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Ahhh OK, so not an "EMAIL" EMAIL, but in INGAME EMAIL.. Yeah, at the start I wasn't playing every day, I missed quite a few of the nightly bonuses as well at the start .. No matter... I do like supporting developers and I'm super stoked the leaderboard is back up​​​​​​... I'm in the top 5% of mages now.

Comment

I let this run for a bit, but it was time to squash it.

Comment

Yeah I also got suckered into buying this surprisingly disappointing "epic" item :-/
                        I also wish I could get my money back lol
                        How does it "grow with your hero" anyway?
                        The stats get higher as you level up?
                        Does it ever become a legendary item over time?

Comment

Originally posted by AstroTommy View Post
                          Yeah I also got suckered into buying this surprisingly disappointing "epic" item :-/
                          I also wish I could get my money back lol
                          How does it "grow with your hero" anyway?
                          The stats get higher as you level up?
                          Does it ever become a legendary item over time?
                          Sorry to say but the developers will not refund money to you for things you have bought, as far as I know.

As you level up, your Epic weapon levels up with you e.g. increasing its weapon damage and stats. It will never become a legendary item though (would be cool if it actually can become legendary).

Mostly, this Epic weapon is useful only for lower levels, as the weapon level will not increase above level 60 despite character level maxing at 70. Could be because previously char level maxes at 60.
                          Last edited by Sanctum; 03-12-2019, 03:09 AM.
                          YOCU REGO JASE 0953
                          Sanctum

Top 10 Mage on Active Leaderboard
                          T135 Regalia, T132 Apprentice

Top 10 in ANB 4
                          Top 25 in ANB 5

Comment

And now, worst of all... I just realized that I can't get rid of the damn thing!
                            Can't salvage it, can't sell it, can't drop it...
                            At this point an empty storage box would be more valuable than this piece of crap weapon!
                            What are we supposed to do with it?

Comment

Originally posted by AstroTommy View Post
                              And now, worst of all... I just realized that I can't get rid of the damn thing!
                              Can't salvage it, can't sell it, can't drop it...
                              At this point an empty storage box would be more valuable than this piece of crap weapon!
                              What are we supposed to do with it?
                              The only way I've heard people able to get rid of such weapon is to leave it in one of your character's inventory and deleting the character.
                              YOCU REGO JASE 0953
                              Sanctum

Top 10 Mage on Active Leaderboard
                              T135 Regalia, T132 Apprentice

Top 10 in ANB 4
                              Top 25 in ANB 5

Comment

Working...
                              X