Critical Damage question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critical Damage question

Ok I'm not understanding an aspect of my Crit Dam rings. I have 3 60.0% CD ring and if I fuse it says I'll get 78.8%. But if I take just 1 60.0 CD ring and put my highest other 2 which are 59.7 and 59.3 it says if I fuse I'll get the same 78.8% blue Cd ring. So how is this? I've been ring farming max or close to max rings and I'm just about done. This CD ring is my last and ive 2 blue 151 powers to fuse and I'll be done but after getting the 3rd 60.0 % CD green ring today, the last I needed to fuse all 60's I came into this problem. Can someone please break it down for me please. This community has always been great with these things.
    Novex WARRIOR LEVEL 70 , CHAMPION LEVEL = 1042
    XP Build I'm using at the moment:
    Damage = 442k
    Toughness = 294k
    Recovery = 86k
    EXP 808%
    Add me + Join in Discord !!
    TUMU DOMA NEGU 3613

This is a common thing with CD, it happens with all the other stats too, just not that obvious.

The game rounds the numbers when it display your stats, so those "60.0%" rings you have been getting are not the proper 60.0, but are potentially anything between 59.99 and 59.95. So, "they are not the 60.0% you're looking for".

Further details of why using lower combinations get you the same result is maths heavy, you can refer to the guide for details: https://forum.makingfun.com/node/82411
    (the usual: "open link, wait for all screenshots in thread to load, reopen link" - hopefully I can figure out how to fix the image loading...)

If you would like me to break it down specifically here, please let me know.
    Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 10 Aug 2018)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

So if the 60% ones are not the ones Im looking for what would the real 60%ers add to? 78.8% or higher? And how could I tell if 1 or possibly 2 of my 60's are in fact real 60s? Also I appreciate your helping me this community beats every other game community by leaps and bounds.
      Last edited by Novex; 11-27-2018, 10:35 PM.
      Damage = 442k
      Toughness = 294k
      Recovery = 86k
      EXP 808%
      TUMU DOMA NEGU 3613

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
        Since the only thing you have control over is which uncommons to use, the only place you need to check is when fusing the uncommons to rares.

Rare values for "perfect" Legendary:
        • Ability Rate / Critical Rating / Haste / Power / Vitality: 119 (152 with Brilliants)
        • Armor: 238 (370 with Brilliants)
        • Critical Damage: 79.2%
        • Damage Reflected / Life On Hit: 475
        • Life Regeneration: 95
        • Experience / Extra Gold: 59.4%
        The only way to properly tell is to keep 2 "59.9%" and then check when you get a "60%" to see if you get "79.2%" for the Rare, you don't need ALL 3 real 60.0% to get the 79.2% result.

This is what I'm currently doing for all the stats, keeping 2 "displayed less then max" (89, 59.9, 44.9, etc) and crafting and checking all "displayed max" - for my long term "craft max rare for all attributes" goal. Why? Because I can

Edit:
        You may want to pay attention to the bottom of the post though:
        With what we currently know, and assuming on two decimal places for the internal value:
        • There's a 1 in 3,600 chance of crafting a proper max uncommon
        • In contrast to the 1 in 36 chance of crafting a "comparable max" uncommon piece
        Last edited by Nhat; 11-27-2018, 10:52 PM.

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Ahh ok that makes sense. And for all my other stat rings there 151 not 152 which isn't worth the time gold and difference. Thank you again for the information
          Damage = 442k
          Toughness = 294k
          Recovery = 86k
          EXP 808%
          TUMU DOMA NEGU 3613

Comment

A faster and more certain way get a perfect rare piece of jewelry, is use one of the custom boxes. They're on sale now during "War Supplies" event.
            VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381 -|- Gethi, mage, & Kisheli, XP mage

Comment

1/36 my a...
              I spent like 2M this ANB for something that looked like a 90 in AR of all things....
              Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
              Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
              see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
              and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
              It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Cultusfit View Post
                1/36 my a...
                I spent like 2M this ANB for something that looked like a 90 in AR of all things....
                Welcome to the world of RNG - at least you're not trying for the real 90.

Eternium Guides:

Comment

The only way to properly tell is to keep 2 "59.9%" and then check when you get a "60%" to see if you get "79.2%" for the Rare, you don't need ALL 3 real 60.0% to get the 79.2% result.

This is what I'm currently doing for all the stats, keeping 2 "displayed less then max" (89, 59.9, 44.9, etc) and crafting and checking all "displayed max" - for my long term "craft max rare for all attributes" goal. Why? Because I can

Edit:
                  You may want to pay attention to the bottom of the post though:
                  Thanks, I didn't know this and always used custom boxes to make top quality jewelry(probably will keep doing that but at least I know now).

Comment

Welcome to the world of RNG - at least you're not trying for the real 90.
                    On the 5/4 split.
                    if I use:
                    3 boxes
                    3boxes
                    1 box +1 box and the last one created of
                    89.99/89/89

Does it lower the displayed results at all or just internal value?

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...

Comment

Originally posted by Cultusfit View Post

On the 5/4 split.
                      if I use:
                      3 boxes
                      3boxes
                      1 box +1 box and the last one created of
                      89.99/89/89

Does it lower the displayed results at all or just internal value?
                      Quicker answer option: "check the spreadsheet directly"

Delayed answer option: "wait for Nhat to do it" - haha,

There's no way to tell if you got a "89.99" => it'll show as "90", and thus can be anything from 89.5 to 90; similarly for your "89" (anything from 88.5 to 89.4)

Full Brilliants, 2/1 split at Rares => Epic:
                      • Max 90: 212 (212.28) + 200 (200.01)
                      • Display "90" (89.5+): 212 (212.28) + 200 (200.01)
                      • "90" (89.5+) + "89" (88.5+): 212 (212.28) + 200 (200.00)
                      • 80: 211 (211.23) + 199 (198.96)
                      • Min 72: 211 (210.69) + 198 (198.42)
                      Those in brakets are the scaled values, rounded to 2 decimal places - internal values will be slightly different, but don't think anyone (other than other perfectionists out there) really cares about that...

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Quicker answer option: "check the spreadsheet directly"

Delayed answer option: "wait for Nhat to do it" - haha,

There's no way to tell if you got a "89.99" => it'll show as "90", and thus can be anything from 89.5 to 90; similarly for your "89" (anything from 88.5 to 89.4)

Full Brilliants, 2/1 split at Rares => Epic:
                        • Max 90: 212 (212.28) + 200 (200.01)
                        • Display "90" (89.5+): 212 (212.28) + 200 (200.01)
                        • "90" (89.5+) + "89" (88.5+): 212 (212.28) + 200 (200.00)
                        • 80: 211 (211.23) + 199 (198.96)
                        • Min 72: 211 (210.69) + 198 (198.42)
                        Those in brakets are the scaled values, rounded to 2 decimal places - internal values will be slightly different, but don't think anyone (other than other perfectionists out there) really cares about that...
                        Ugh the spreadsheet!?! Ugh.

I wasn't sure if it ends up having less internal number. I just mean the 89.99 for the whole not REALLY a 90.
                        Looking at redoing some jewljew with boxes wasn't sure if having a true max is needed or changes anything.

Comment

Working...
                        X