Got the game last week - Warrior!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the game last week - Warrior!

Hey everyone. So I'm a super noob at this but I'm coming along alright. Decided to make a Warrior and I got the Living sword and the cape from the Ironbound event to give me a boost (I also bought some gems for the companion slots, skill upgrade slots and some bag/bank space - wasted the rest boosting my abilities upgrade times). I've done a fair bit of reading on this website and reddit but I'm still at a loss over a few things so I have some questions.

1. Figured out where the friend code thing is.

2. I've got a general understanding that pushing Trials is the best thing to do ASAP once I hit level 70. I opened a few chests but saved the rest after I read they can be opened at level 70. Do I start by rushing an Experience set? Gold find set? Work right at my Leaderboard build? I'm like 3 missions away from finishing normal so do I just continue through Heroic?

3. Does Emerald ever refresh her recipes on her own? I bought the Adventurer Chest heavy armor recipe and the shield one. I can refresh her list for 50 gems but does it happen on a weekly basis or something regardless?

4. Do I rush trying to get perfect weapons first? Or rings? This ties into question 2 a bit - would I use my "choose the stats on this item" chests to get experience/gold find/pushing items first?

Sorry if there are already answers on here. My googling has failed me and what I've read has still left me with these questions. If anyone has any idea for good warrior builds for speed running for exp/gold/gems as well (if it's different from Leaderboard build) let me know!
    Last edited by Snoochey; 01-01-2019, 06:58 PM.
    Jidi vowu liyu 7112

Originally posted by Snoochey View Post
    1. Figured out where the friend code thing is.
    The billboard in the "lower right" of Hometown.
    Point 8 of this map: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...895#post117895

2. I've got a general understanding that pushing Trials is the best thing to do ASAP once I hit level 70. I opened a few chests but saved the rest after I read they can be opened at level 70. Do I start by rushing an Experience set? Gold find set? Work right at my Leaderboard build? I'm like 3 missions away from finishing normal so do I just continue through Heroic?
    Keep running Experience set until you reach at least Champion Level 750 - most of the "higher ups" are at CL 1000 - 2000 anyway. Currently, Extra Gold set will help with the item crafting, so do a combination of Experience and Extra Gold. If you only have 3 to go, then just finish Normal story, once you max out Movement Speed with Champion Points, go and finish Heroic to unlock Legendary - Gold/Materials farming seems to be better on Legendary, but only if you can kill the mobs quick enough, otherwise, run Normal.

3. Does Emerald ever refresh her recipes on her own? I bought the Adventurer Chest heavy armor recipe and the shield one. I can refresh her list for 50 gems but does it happen on a weekly basis or something regardless?
    You get a free refresh every 3 hours, but you still need to manually press the button, she doesn't do it on her own.

4. Do I rush trying to get perfect weapons first? Or rings? This ties into question 2 a bit - would I use my "choose the stats on this item" chests to get experience/gold find/pushing items first?
    Don't rush "perfect" stuff, as you gain Champion Levels and farm gear, your stats are going to be changing a lot, so what you really need will also change - what's "perfect" for one level will not be for another, especially when you end up changing all the gears around... Leave the Legendary cube until you know exactly what you want, that rolls things in the higher range, so it's a waste to be using your box now - unless you have a lot...

Sorry if there are already answers on here. My googling has failed me and what I've read has still left me with these questions. If anyone has any idea for good warrior builds for speed running for exp/gold/gems as well (if it's different from Leaderboard build) let me know!
    For me, it's more the stats boost from Champion Points (1 per Champion Level) that make things easier, attacks and utilities are pretty much the same, use Fleet Footed, Celerity and Power Infusion for passives.

For those farming runs, you're looking at using a Hero that can pretty much one-hit-kill the mobs, so just keep leveling up in Trials (run the highest you can that allows you to summong the boss in 4-5 minutes, then abandon, but if you're still farming gear, then you'll need to kill the boss as well) until you can do that for Normal, run until you're bored, level up some more to run Heroic, repeat, then Legendary
    Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 10 Aug 2018)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Nhat, as usual, offered great advice on your warrior build - basically use your best equipment drops and keep farming for better gear. Conditions change dramatically as you move up, so don't be surprised if what worked at one level doesn't work as you move up. Before Trial 80, I had never used Shockwave much. I tried it early on, and dropped it because it didn't seem to work that well even in Training Room practice. Now both of my warriors use it as a primary attack utility.

My warrior experience is that a good shield (Encrypted or Rylocke's Deflector) is most helpful early on but most warriors drop it after around Trial 80 to get faster attack speed and more damage. The Deadly Throw utility gives you a ranged attack to help you cut down approaching mobs before they can surround you. Socket your shield with a Brilliant (or best) diamond for best results. I used Whirlwind early on as well, because it allows you to break free when mobs surround you on all sides. You need a lot of VitalityArmor to survive those situations, so without a shield or good armor/vitality stats on your equipment whirlwind is a suicide attack. Devastate also works well at early levels because the mobs are smaller, but most warriors abandon it as the mobs grow larger and stronger.

Most warriors use full Juggernaught sets, but for a shield warrior Defender is a good option early on as it speeds up how quickly you can shield throw. I have two warriors (one full Jugg set and one full Defender), and they are about evenly matched though still haven't pushed past Trial 90 yet. Just make sure that you are matching up your set pieces to get the +2 or +4 bonuses, as those are work best for warrior. I have one build with 4 Defender and 2 Jugg because the movement speed on the Defender pants and boots could not match the Jugg pieces. Always look at the movement speed on your pants and boots, and socket with Sapphires to boost your movement and attack speeds.

You can never really go wrong with Diedre's Resolve as a weapon choice, but one of my warriors still uses a non-set sword because it has better stats. If you build one from a Legendary cube, I would select CD, CR, with Power and either Haste or Life on Hit. Most of the top warriors use LOH because you can add Power and Haste with champion level points, but you may want the attack speed boost from Haste early on because most of your CL points below CL500 should go toward CD/CR. If you are sharing a sword with your Mage, I would substitute in Ability Rating because you will want to be able to cast spells more frequently.

Welcome to Eternium!

Comment

Originally posted by Ozymandius View Post
        {...snippet...}
        Most warriors use full Juggernaught sets, but for a shield warrior Defender is a good option early on as it speeds up how quickly you can shield throw.
        Just chiming in to mention, if you examine the leaderboards it helps you get ideas. The top Warriors all use 4 Adventure + 2 Juggernaut. It used to be that some of the top 10 used 2 Adv/2 Jug/2 Def but that combo seems to now be less in favor.

I do not play Warrior much, and am only around rank 50-something, so take my input with that caveat.

Maybe Dyoma or Bart the warrior or orion_134 could give you some tips on this aspect of Warrior builds.
        VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381 -|- Gethi, mage, & Kisheli, XP mage

Comment

As mentioned, current full Juggernaut bonuses is not as good for warriors:
          • 2/6 bonus is nice: +280 Power
          • 4/6 only applies when using Frenzy: up to +150 Critical Rating for 5 seconds. Easy enough to build up, but 2/6 Adventurer gives you +210 ALL the time.
          • 6/6 locks you to Cleave and Whirlwind. Cleave is rarely used, it's a defensive attack; some people likes Whirlwind, but the current damage output just doesn't stack up to Shockwave, when combined with RS DoTs)

Thus, 2 Juggernaut and 4 Adventurer is preferred for pretty much all Warriors - you don't really need the extra defense from Defender, Warriors tends to have enough as it is, and need to focus on the damage to beat the higher trials <= says the person on Trial 80 (Shield Wield, at CL 861), and not really pushing trials, so obviously I could be wrong, haha.
          Last edited by Nhat; 01-02-2019, 11:02 PM. Reason: fixed 4/6 comparison

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Thank you all for the advice. I'm a little shy of ~350 CL right now. I have a full experience gear set on right now and 2 Adv 2 Jug but can't seem to find Adv or Jug of the gloves/boots (Although now I see Defenders might work, which I have stashed). I pushed I think Trial 59 and can farm 50s in 5 minutes with the boss and all. I'm building a gold find set too but it seems to be a rare stat to drop so I've only got like 4 pieces. Now that I see it's basically a mobile Diablo 3 I understand a little better.

Since I started playing I haven't been offered a free re-roll on Emerald's recipes. It has a 50 gem price every time I see her.

I made a second character (Wizard) but am pretty disappointed my companions and slots and upgrade slots aren't cross-character. That's a lot of gems hahaha.
            Jidi vowu liyu 7112

Comment

You need to be online to get the free refresh, every 3 hours - similar to the Abilities upgrading.

Same account, online - free refresh
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-01-05-18-11-22.png
Views:	86
Size:	257.9 KB
ID:	123379

Restarted without mobile data, offline - 50 Gems refresh.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-01-05-18-13-37.png
Views:	77
Size:	258.9 KB
ID:	123380

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
                You need to be online to get the free refresh, every 3 hours - similar to the Abilities upgrading.
                Yeah i am always connected to wifi when i play so i can get the gems from ads. It's never offered me a free refresh
                Jidi vowu liyu 7112

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
                  As mentioned, current full Juggernaut bonuses is not as good for warriors:
                  • 2/6 bonus is nice: +280 Power
                  • 4/6 only applies when using Frenzy: up to +150 Critical Rating for 5 seconds. Easy enough to build up, but 2/6 Adventurer gives you +210 ALL the time.
                  • 6/6 locks you to Cleave and Whirlwind. Cleave is rarely used, it's a defensive attack; some people likes Whirlwind, but the current damage output just doesn't stack up to Shockwave, when combined with RS DoTs)

Thus, 2 Juggernaut and 4 Adventurer is preferred for pretty much all Warriors - you don't really need the extra defense from Defender, Warriors tends to have enough as it is, and need to focus on the damage to beat the higher trials <= says the person on Trial 80 (Shield Wield, at CL 861), and not really pushing trials, so obviously I could be wrong, haha.
                  Coda & Nhat, thanks for the update. I haven't been playing warrior as much lately so I didn't notice the changes (working on building up my Mage and a new BH from the last event). I think that early on, it makes the most sense to use the best equipment options that you have while maximizing any bonuses. While whirlwind was one of my primary attacks early on, after TL80 I ended up dropping it in favor of Shockwave, so maybe it is time to rethink the full Jugg set. Unfortunately, I don't have any Adventurer gear that even comes close to matching the stats on my Jugg set. I tend to hold on to the best set pieces, but just haven't gotten good Adventurer drops yet.

My second warrior uses 2 Jugg (boots and pants) because they both have good movement speed, so I am getting the power bonus. I got good Defender drops during an ANB event (full set) and just kept using them because of the shield boost for a single wield warrior that uses Deadly Throw and Sword and Board. You may not need the extra defense, but for a beginner with very low CL points, it comes in handy especially pushing past trial 80.

Comment

Working...
                  X