Farming Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farming Gold

Level 70 CL 370. Is there any way to farm gold faster than about 4,000 in 80 seconds? I'm using extra gold equipment but haven't had luck with crafting extra gold jewelry yet.

Are you using the 200% boost and where are you farming? What is your base gold%?

Comment

The best way to dig for gold is to run one of the maps that has a lot of chests + a lot of Elite monsters.
      • 4-47
      • 4-54
      • 1-11
      • 1-16
      There are others but these are top of the list.

Then, run a booster. 75 gems buys you +200% gold.

Then also, run "Extra Gold" (EG) gear & jewelry.

For decent EG jewelry , you will most likely need to craft pieces with gems or use a P-Rare box. This is because the %-chance to drop EG via RNG was purposefully reduced quite a while back.

​​​​​
      VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381 -|- Gethi, mage, & Kisheli, XP mage

Comment

Originally posted by andrewcb88 View Post
        Are you using the 200% boost and where are you farming? What is your base gold%?
        No boost. Is that from an award? My base gold is 415%. I'm now farming at #29 the Temple and am getting about 100gold/second.

I've crafted over 100 rings and have not seen an extra gold yet. Seems strange.

Comment

Is this about the best I can do?

Comment

Lol u want to kill everything, and add faster run speed. When the chest open, u don't have to wait to get the gold that drops. Also the boost is the greater currency boost sold by ruby for 75 gems. Try act 4 stage 47(Morg) and run it in normal. You want to use some faster movement speed boots and pants + the passive ability and kill almost everything as fast as u can. I skip spots because it slows the run down I got a path I run.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Andrew, are you not opening chests? The video doesn't show them being opened. I don't think they auto-open on level completion, from what I've tested. Are you just skipping them?

I'm running Morg on Normal, doing about 1:10-1:15 full clears all chests on a specific route. 75k gold, 2.5-3.5 rows of salvage gear per run. Not sure exactly on the gems rate but it's pretty good. How's that compare to yours? That's with 1756% EG

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post
                    For decent EG jewelry , you will most likely need to craft pieces with gems or use a P-Rare box. This is because the %-chance to drop EG via RNG was purposefully reduced quite a while back.​​​​​
                    O snap. Glad I read this before burning through my $$$ to craft gold booster jewelry. I was planning on crafting some EG rings this weekend (I'm at 5M gold right now) I was saving up my P-Rare to create XP jewelry. I already have a full set of DPS jewelry. Now I just wait for them to fix the P-Rare box bug. I lost one box before learning about the bug.

Comment

Originally posted by mousse View Post
                      O snap. Glad I read this before burning through my $$$ to craft gold booster jewelry. I was planning on crafting some EG rings this weekend (I'm at 5M gold right now) I was saving up my P-Rare to create XP jewelry. I already have a full set of DPS jewelry. Now I just wait for them to fix the P-Rare box bug. I lost one box before learning about the bug.
                      I just made 2 4-stat EG rings purely from gold crafting, I pretty much just see the gold spent as an investment. I can farm over 6mil/hr now so it was worth it. Once you get above 1750%(boosted) it just pours in. I personally wouldn't bother using P-rare boxes on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cwschwark View Post

I just made 2 4-stat EG rings purely from gold crafting, I pretty much just see the gold spent as an investment. I can farm over 6mil/hr now so it was worth it. Once you get above 1750%(boosted) it just pours in. I personally wouldn't bother using P-rare boxes on them.
                        That make sense. I can make some "good enough" 4 stat jewelry with common gems, like I do for XP jewelry during ANB events. Just seeing someone with 2288% gold boost had me salivating. If 1750% is more than enough, then I can gold craft a set for less than 2M gold. I've got 5 legendary gold boost equipment, so I can craft some rare gear until I can replace them with legendary drops. I guess I'll go prospecting this weekend. There's gold in them there mountains.

Comment

Originally posted by Cwschwark View Post
                          Andrew, are you not opening chests? The video doesn't show them being opened. I don't think they auto-open on level completion, from what I've tested. Are you just skipping them?

I'm running Morg on Normal, doing about 1:10-1:15 full clears all chests on a specific route. 75k gold, 2.5-3.5 rows of salvage gear per run. Not sure exactly on the gems rate but it's pretty good. How's that compare to yours? That's with 1756% EG
                          The chest at the end of the level? I open them, it shows when I see the video. Im doing about 30-35s in the videos above and usually no longer than 40s if I start at the beginning and something goes wrong. Runs killing 99% as above but I skip the chest besides the end. As far as I see it, skipping chest and certain groups of monsters lets u run the lvl faster and get to the end where the main chest are.

Comment

Originally posted by mousse View Post
                            That make sense. I can make some "good enough" 4 stat jewelry with common gems, like I do for XP jewelry during ANB events. Just seeing someone with 2288% gold boost had me salivating. If 1750% is more than enough, then I can gold craft a set for less than 2M gold. I've got 5 legendary gold boost equipment, so I can craft some rare gear until I can replace them with legendary drops. I guess I'll go prospecting this weekend. There's gold in them there mountains.
                            I'm still farming materials to craft an EG chest and helm then I should be above 2000%.
                            I probably spent 5mil gold total to craft EG rings and a neck. I think I kept every 42.5%+ EG uncommon from crafting. That also gave me plenty of other "perfect" 90/60/45s of other stats to make all 3 pieces. Between transmuting a lot of saved up diamonds, and the gems gathered from farming the mats to craft EG Apprentice pieces, I had enough brilliants to use for all 3 pieces too.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewcb88 View Post

The chest at the end of the level? I open them, it shows when I see the video. Im doing about 30-35s in the videos above and usually no longer than 40s if I start at the beginning and something goes wrong. Runs killing 99% as above but I skip the chest besides the end. As far as I see it, skipping chest and certain groups of monsters lets u run the lvl faster and get to the end where the main chest are.
                              Yeah I was talking about the side chests. Specifically, the first one you just zapped the mob and ran past. Those chests hold a couple/few thousand gold sometimes. Pausing for them to open seems worthwhile.

Comment

Working...
                              X