BH stuck in Hero difficulty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BH stuck in Hero difficulty

I know I am way lower in level than most of the folks posting here, but hope I can get some advice.
    I have a BH at CL 64. Just found out about CL points here, so haven't applied any.
    All my gear is Legendary (except for one item, part of a set) and most are at 70.
    I have one of each of the companion types (two healers), levels in the 50s and 60s.
    I get killed almost instantly by the bosses in Story level 11 and Trial Level 18

Thanks in advance.

. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190105-122744.png
Views:	427
Size:	338.7 KB
ID:	123456
    Last edited by sbradley02; 01-05-2019, 10:01 PM.

Keep increasing your CLs.

Keep looking for gear upgrades. Power, Haste, Critical Rating, Critical Damage. A little Vitality or Ability Rate won't hurt

Save your purple and Legendary set drops, keeping any upgrades for Stalker and Assault sets. If you dont' have full sets, mixing them can be good. 2-pieces each of Stalker/Assault/Havoc isn't a bad loadout if you cannot 6/6 Stalker or Assault.

Make sure you use up all of your keys running Normal Difficulty Misty Island every day. Gorgona can be stingy, but she can drop things you need.

By the time you are doing trial 40, you should be able to do all three difficulties in story mode without much issue.

Some boss attacks must be avoided. Bob and weave!

Comment

At a average Damage per hit of 7000 and a 4.44 attack speed, TL18 might be about right. Is Magroth taking you out in act 11 (SOA) or one of the multishot mobs? With your DPS everyone hangs around too long.

As Trouble said, look for gear with power, haste, crit rating and crit damage.

check your CL points by clicking the champion level.bar. Play with them or use one of the CL Optimizer on the forum to max your DPS with CL point allocation.

When I first started tuning my CL I didnt realize there where synergy bonuses. Synergy is on the 2nd Character tab (the abiltiies tab) in gives you bonuses such as increased attack speed, vitality etc. You increase your synergy level by increasing your ability levels. One point per ability level increase. So one point gained to increase an unused ability from level 1 to 2. And another for increasing it from 2 to 3. Going from 9 to 10 is only one point too. Rack up points and synergy will give you a base attack speed boost of 3%, then 4% then 5%. Doesnt sound like much but pushes your attack speed above 5 to mid fives pretty quick and eventually 6 so farm those low level ability upgrades.

Are you running a lot of vampiric gear? Your life on hit seems high, I suspect you can trade out a few of those for other abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSuchReality View Post
        At a average Damage per hit of 7000 and a 4.44 attack speed, TL18 might be about right. Is Magroth taking you out in act 11 (SOA) or one of the multishot mobs? With your DPS everyone hangs around too long.

As Trouble said, look for gear with power, haste, crit rating and crit damage.

check your CL points by clicking the champion level.bar. Play with them or use one of the CL Optimizer on the forum to max your DPS with CL point allocation.

When I first started tuning my CL I didnt realize there where synergy bonuses. Synergy is on the 2nd Character tab (the abiltiies tab) in gives you bonuses such as increased attack speed, vitality etc. You increase your synergy level by increasing your ability levels. One point per ability level increase. So one point gained to increase an unused ability from level 1 to 2. And another for increasing it from 2 to 3. Going from 9 to 10 is only one point too. Rack up points and synergy will give you a base attack speed boost of 3%, then 4% then 5%. Doesnt sound like much but pushes your attack speed above 5 to mid fives pretty quick and eventually 6 so farm those low level ability upgrades.

Are you running a lot of vampiric gear? Your life on hit seems high, I suspect you can trade out a few of those for other abilities.
        Yes, in Act 11.
        Thanks for the tips, and yes I am using a lot of vampire gear. Sounds like I should concentrate more on DPS.
        Also for the heck of it, I started a Mage, to see how that works out for me.

Comment

Rings also are relevants.

Comment

Originally posted by sbradley02 View Post

Yes, in Act 11.
            Thanks for the tips, and yes I am using a lot of vampire gear. Sounds like I should concentrate more on DPS.
            Also for the heck of it, I started a Mage, to see how that works out for me.
            Follow-up: I abandoned the BH and focused on the new mage. I definitely find this class easier to play. I love Death From Above and the Necronomicon. I am having no issues with the same bosses now, I just fire off DFA (which I have maxed out) and the boss is gone in a few seconds. I discovered too late that I wasn't following the jewelry instructions correctly, so I wasted a lot of gold on non-optimal pieces, but I can redo those after I build up some more gold. At any rate I have opened up more gametime with this new character. Thanks for the help. New stats below (I still have some vampire gear but not a lot)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190116-201718.png
Views:	387
Size:	337.1 KB
ID:	124547

Comment

DFA is alot of fun and useful However @higher tl,s it can slow u down.. t90+ youre gonna want something like blizz. But ftm enjoy it..
              Dont neglect AR..
              GL..
              Jewelry you'll get as u do

Comment

What is AR?

Comment

What is AR?
                  Ability Rate.

Comment

Movement Speed of 10 is too low. You may not be able to run from the charging elites.

Comment

Originally posted by Jage View Post
                      DFA is alot of fun and useful However @higher tl,s it can slow u down.. t90+ youre gonna want something like blizz. But ftm enjoy it..
                      Dont neglect AR..
                      GL..
                      Jewelry you'll get as u do
                      So I collected an Apprentice set, and completed the worlds at Legendary. I don't find the Trial Levels all that interesting, so unless they add more worlds, I am done with this game.
                      Thanks for all the advice.

Comment

Follow-up: ... love Death From Above and the Necronomicon. I am having no issues with the same bosses now, I just fire off DFA (which I have maxed out) and the boss is gone in a few seconds.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190116-201718.png
Views:	387
Size:	337.1 KB
ID:	124547
                        I'm also a big fan of DFA. I need that 3rd attack along with Blizzard and Singularity. Cannot, cannot, cannot get the hang of either Blink or Smoke screen. I think they do equivalent thing which is to hide from a mob or the boss. There are a few high level mages running DFA but not many. I've tried Blink a few times and just cannot get away from the boss. $%&*#!!!

FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryDarc View Post

I'm also a big fan of DFA. I need that 3rd attack along with Blizzard and Singularity. Cannot, cannot, cannot get the hang of either Blink or Smoke screen. I think they do equivalent thing which is to hide from a mob or the boss. There are a few high level mages running DFA but not many. I've tried Blink a few times and just cannot get away from the boss. $%&*#!!!
                          I had the same experience, Blink never worked well for me. I used DFA and the cold attacks.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryDarc View Post

Smoke screen is to be used in conjunction with snipe for 30% dmg boost, hiding and reviving dead minions are just additional value added benefits

Comment

Working...
                            X