Help Kiting Garm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Kiting Garm

So currently stuck at 74 with Garm. My stongest Champion is a BH. As much as I pay attention to potential spawn time, I'm having troubles with Garm spawning on the wall or in the mouth of a canyon. The blue zone then is often inaccessible so I try and kite him out. I tend to fail as i rubberband back into a poison and slow die or end up blundering into a breath if i work him of screen.

Playing with resume attack off seems very tedious and makes general mob killing a pain has my Amazon device seems to stop attacking whenever an individual creature dies.
    ​​​​
    ​​​​​​Can someone finding it easy to move Garm around with a BH throw me some pointers please?

Thanks.

I've heard smoke screen can be used to avoid his poison nova, or whatever it's called.
    CL 2K+
    Mage- Ladim(#9 Live LB), Proxima(XP)
    TL119 in 9:14 on mobile (iphone8)

Mage Guide

Comment

Thanks for this posting NoSuchReality...I also had trouble with Garm..thus still stuck at trial 108...it's strange..seems a bit more easier handling kara wit h a DW than garm..from trial 80-105 iIhad no big issue with kara..but garm...wat on earth ..thus trying to skip Garm at trial 109 so I could face Kara at trial 110..but at the moment only manage to decrease timing from 9.11 to 9.02 when facing Elban at trial 108....well what to do?...i'm not an experience warrior player plus all my 3 archers dead when facing Elban....hehe

Good to read how senior players e.g Lama, Neo Samurai and others sharing their experience & knowledge how to deal with this garm kind of thing
      Last edited by TheExorcist; 01-07-2019, 02:48 AM.
      Whirlwind SW trial 132 in..9:57m...Tough but Happy (Low End PC only)

Comment

I'll echo lama75 , you are immune for some seconds while on SS but you cannot rely on it all the time, unless you have really high AR.
        But the key that led me beating 99 is really the spawn area. If you get Garm spawn in the middle somehow and not on the edge then that is a win already.
        So study the terrain though the minimap at the start of the level and find a strategic location to summon him (farthest to any side). For now, that is the only advise I can give.
        Mobile Player Only
        Carlisle (EM - 132)
        Eijol (DW - 121)
        Ratot (BH - 120)

Dyoma Crown (373)
        Altheo (AM - 123)

Comment

Well..I just manage to decrease the timing from 9.02 to 8.35 hopefully can decrease more to skip garm and face kara at trial 110
          I manage to decrease the timing when using tough as nail instead of endurance...seems more better for DW to used tough as nails in higher trials...

erm...have to practice more how to face garm at trial 109
          Attached Files
          Last edited by TheExorcist; 01-07-2019, 10:05 AM.

Comment

More playing to get a better feel for when he will spawn i guess. I need to review the other Garm Boss post. Do all of his attacks stack DOT? I will avoid his breath weapon and poison ring cloud and yet something still gets stacked and i suddenly bleed out without taking hits. I'll even hit a potion and it will restore my health but then the DOT just hammers me down with no extra hits.

Comment

You probably know this already, but to be sure you do... the DoT from Garm can be healed in the blue area that appears. (The orange area is believed to buff damage somehow.)
              VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381 -|- Gethi, mage, & Kisheli, XP mage

Comment

Coda...wat is DoT....im blank...it supposed to do what?...sorry for a dumb question...

Comment

DoT = damage over time. Things like poison ammo, immolate etc have the affect that says take additional 100% over five seconds . That is DoT .

In Garm's case it is the effect I wrote about where i bleed out without taking additional hits. A side affect of too low of HP .Currently working Garm on TL79.
                  Last edited by NoSuchReality; 01-09-2019, 03:18 PM.

Comment

So what tactic is best for beating Garm? I've managed to skip fighting Garm for 80 trials. But now I cannot kill Elban quickly enough to skip Garm any more. TL84 Garm is beating me like a rented mule. I can summon him in with 6 minutes to spare but 15-30 seconds into the fight, I'm dead. Rinse repeat until I finally give up.

So how best to take on Garm with a Mage? Does it would require a lot of dancing around in a wide open space like with TBD? Should I take on Garm at lower TL to get a feel for its attack pattern?

Comment

Originally posted by mousse View Post
                      So how best to take on Garm with a Mage? Does it would require a lot of dancing around in a wide open space like with TBD? Should I take on Garm at lower TL to get a feel for its attack pattern?
                      I posted something in the video section with my mage beating garm. The purpose was to show the difference between using the orange cloud and not sirbot the fight, but it might give you an idea.

If you're dieing really quickly, it could be you don't have enough vitality or it could be you need some loh.
                      CL 2K+
                      Mage- Ladim(#9 Live LB), Proxima(XP)
                      TL119 in 9:14 on mobile (iphone8)

Mage Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Altheo 42 View Post
                        I'll echo lama75 , you are immune for some seconds while on SS but you cannot rely on it all the time, unless you have really high AR.
                        But the key that led me beating 99 is really the spawn area. If you get Garm spawn in the middle somehow and not on the edge then that is a win already.
                        So study the terrain though the minimap at the start of the level and find a strategic location to summon him (farthest to any side). For now, that is the only advise I can give.
                        Someone gave this advice for Trials: First, quickly do all of the edges and side canyons and then zig zag back and forth across the middle.

I will add to that: watch to see how close you are on the Boss spawn bar and try to leave an unkilled mob in the middle to force the Boss to spawn there. This gives much more freedom to move around and avoid the nasty attacks without worrying about the walls or canyons. (With a BH, the only Boss that I don't worry about, is Kara...)

Comment

It is a bit of a balancing act, MadHatter cleared level 80 with interesting stats. . https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...708#post123708

So I'm back to my character being a bit too brittle.

Do all Garm's attacks do DoT? Clearly it stacks, any ideas on how much, how long, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by NoSuchReality View Post
                            So currently stuck at 74 with Garm. My stongest Champion is a BH. As much as I pay attention to potential spawn time, I'm having troubles with Garm spawning on the wall or in the mouth of a canyon. The blue zone then is often inaccessible so I try and kite him out. I tend to fail as i rubberband back into a poison and slow die or end up blundering into a breath if i work him of screen.

Playing with resume attack off seems very tedious and makes general mob killing a pain has my Amazon device seems to stop attacking whenever an individual creature dies.
                            ​​​​
                            ​​​​​​Can someone finding it easy to move Garm around with a BH throw me some pointers please?

Thanks.

Here's what you do. If Garm appears at edge or wall:

1. When you attack him, he turns to where you are attacking him.
                            2. Move so that his wings are parallel to the wall/edge of map. If this occurs, the rings shall appear to the on the map instead of in space. Garm swivels in a circle to position himself to attack you. Just make his swivel to the point where his wings are parallel to the edge/wall.

Very easy fix. Just pay attention to his wings when he is attacking you. Position your hero until his wings are parellel to the wall/edge.
                            Last edited by Bounty; 01-09-2019, 10:54 PM.
                            BH - Stalker - TL 138 (PC)

Comment

Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post

(With a BH, the only Boss that I don't worry about, is Kara...)
                              I'll go with the 3 previous bosses. Kara requires a lot of dodging and moving.

Mobile Player Only
                              Carlisle (EM - 132)
                              Eijol (DW - 121)
                              Ratot (BH - 120)

Dyoma Crown (373)
                              Altheo (AM - 123)

Comment

Working...
                              X