Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to optimize your Champion Points... (TUTORIAL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to optimize your Champion Points... (TUTORIAL)

• How to optimize your Champion Points... CC.PROPER (TUTORIAL)

DPS Optimizer for Eternium v.1.3.46 (Doesn't work with later version)

DPS Optimizer link used in this video... https://eterniumdpsoptimizer.blogspot.com/?m=0

Old video here...

EDIT: I didn't publish the updated version since I don't think it's necessary anymore... but if anyone wants it then here's the updated version from Nhat in the quote below...

Originally posted by Nhat View Post

Don't think anyone else have updated their respective Offense CP Optimizer, so they won't work correctly with game version 1.4.x

Given that only Power is unrestricted now, I didn't feel there was a need for the optimizer anymore. But since I posted it to Discord, here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y7xpg4hbc...Optimizer.html

Just save the html somewhere (you don't need Dropbox, just choose "Direct Download" from the "Download" menu) and open it with your web browser. I'll look into adding the abilities and potentially gears bonus later...
    Last edited by FendyBt2; 06-25-2019, 09:52 PM. Reason: Added new updated version link...
    GEPU GANA HEPO 9200

See my endgame heroes build...
    How to make jewelry video... (TUTORIAL)
    Boss skills info and how to fight boss... (VIDEOS)
    New crafting system video and how to use it... (TUTORIAL)
    Read my Journey in “A New Beginning” event... or watch the video...
    Watch my live stream playing Eternium...
    Join my Discord gaming server...

Defensive point allocation is generally right, but I'd mention the gear dependance: If you have no LoH on gear, splitting points between LoH and Life% wouldn't be optimal. LoH should be focused first. The other way around if you have a couple LoH pieces, going Life% and Armor without LoH investment would be better.

Utility tab would be XP first, if you have decent MS on Boots and pants.

Offensive tab I'd be a bit careful as the sheet damage and the damage calculator don't really take the other benefits of Haste into account: More Utility skill casts via Alacrity and increased recovery via LoH. Personally I don't even think about putting points into anything but Haste on a new 70 char until I reach a certain threshold(which is still below what I aim for in the long run). I'd suggest for everyone to test that out first and use the calculator for Power and crit points only.

On that note having an option to lock a specific stat at a certain value would be great for that calculator: Like mentioned lock Haste at the desired AS and only distribute CP between Power and crit stats or lock CR to maximize the initial Snipe hit damage.
    MULU FIGU DUFE 7374

Comment

What's wrong with me?
      Optimizer shows me CL position I have now instead of suggesting better one.
      NAHi ViCU COTU 7388
      Mobile only SW Schrei TL146

Comment

Originally posted by Shilien View Post
        What's wrong with me?
        Optimizer shows me CL position I have now instead of suggesting better one.
        you're using a "," instead of a "." in the Attack Speed input box... change it to 7.07 not 7,07...
        GEPU GANA HEPO 9200

Comment

Thanks. I see reducing damage from 1.119.670 to ​​​​​​1.047.563 after I put CL as optimizer recommended, why?
          NAHi ViCU COTU 7388

Comment

Originally posted by Shilien View Post
            Thanks. I see reducing damage from 1.119.670 to ​​​​​​1.047.563 after I put CL as optimizer recommended, why?
            because you selected BR (+1000 haste) and PI (+500 power) in the abilities section, the optimizer include that in the calculation... technically you don't really have the +1000 haste and +500 power until you play and the BR/PI triggers it, only then will you get the +1000 haste and +500 power added in your stats... you can look in the result section... the "In-game DAMAGE" is what's currently shown on your DPS sheet... and the "DPS with ability bonuses" is what you'll actually get when the BR/PI triggers when you play...
            GEPU GANA HEPO 9200

Comment

So I ignored BR and PI, put CL again as proposed and see damage increased by 11,5k. Glad to see it finally works in my hands, thank you
              ​​​​
              NAHi ViCU COTU 7388

Comment

It works great... Thank you fendy!! U r a freaking genius. Why u r not in nasa atm?? Lol hugs.

Comment

Originally posted by narf View Post
                  Offensive tab I'd be a bit careful as the sheet damage and the damage calculator don't really take the other benefits of Haste into account: More Utility skill casts via Alacrity and increased recovery via LoH. Personally I don't even think about putting points into anything but Haste on a new 70 char until I reach a certain threshold(which is still below what I aim for in the long run). I'd suggest for everyone to test that out first and use the calculator for Power and crit points only.

On that note having an option to lock a specific stat at a certain value would be great for that calculator: Like mentioned lock Haste at the desired AS and only distribute CP between Power and crit stats or lock CR to maximize the initial Snipe hit damage.
                  The "display damage vs attack speed" have always been an interesting discussion, and a "desired AS" feature is on the to do list for the optimizer, I'll add the other stats to the list too.

Got some tips from Discord for javascript "best practices" and was going through a cleanup of the code and adding all the abilities & items that have damage boosts. But haven't looked at it for a while due to family and work commitments, might have some time to look into it again next week... maybe...
                  Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by narf View Post

Not sure what you meant by this but I tried the calculator out for my warrior and it allocated all my points on haste. They weren't many so I played around with them and sure enough haste was the way to go. But I just got to the champion levels so it goes along with your theory of only allocating offensive points on haste. Great calculator though, can't wait to see future updates!

Comment

Originally posted by FendyBt2 View Post
                      • How to optimize your Champion Points... (TUTORIAL)

DPS Optimizer link used in this video... https://eterniumdpsoptimizer.blogspot.com/?m=0
                      Could I do a reset on all 3 tabs and plug that into the Optimizer? That way I could have optimized for ALL my CL points. I just fly blind when assigning points. Embarrassing to be this stupid...
                      FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryDarc View Post

Could I do a reset on all 3 tabs and plug that into the Optimizer?
                        yes... you can reset it over and over again since it's free and redo the CP distribution... but the optimizer only optimize the Offense CP...
                        GEPU GANA HEPO 9200

Comment

Originally posted by TerryDarc View Post
                          Could I do a reset on all 3 tabs and plug that into the Optimizer? That way I could have optimized for ALL my CL points. I just fly blind when assigning points. Embarrassing to be this stupid...
                          As mentioned, optimizer only caters for points in the Offense tab, since those can be a bit complicated.

For Defense: Boost Life on Hit (potentially mixed with +Life, if your hero is dying in 1-3 hits), then +Life, +Armor, Regen last
                          For Utility: +XP, Movement Speed, Ability Rate and then +Gold
                          Last edited by Nhat; 03-05-2019, 02:50 AM. Reason: typo

Eternium Guides:

Comment

I think its about time i used that thing..Optimizer..have not used it for any of my hero's...now where's the form?...just fill up on it is it?...hope its not complicated...i hate maths..
                            Honest playin with Low end Pc &

crappy Laptop (Inspiron 1464 core i3 m 330 2.13 GHZ)

4096RAM (2267used) Graphic (Core i3) :

Direct X12 (Window 10 Pro 1903) Latest Version?

The Best Updated at the moment (LOW END SMOOTH GAMING!!)

DW Trial 124 in 9:01 min (not bad)

Comment

Originally posted by TheExorcist View Post
                              I think its about time i used that thing..Optimizer..have not used it for any of my hero's...now where's the form?...just fill up on it is it?...hope its not complicated...i hate maths..
                              Should be straight forward enough, see the first post for the video guide and the link - if you get stuck with anything please let me know and I'll add it to the list of things to clean up for the next version (when ever that will be...)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Working...
                              X