Please help - XP Mage from TL 85 to 90

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help - XP Mage from TL 85 to 90

I play on mobile. I have been farming TL 85 with my XP mage, mostly for special crafting mats, but also with the goal of CL 2000 in mind. I want to get from TL 85 up to 90 for the increased set/unique drop rates that come at that level. Below are some screenshots of my XP mage. Please advise how to improve just these 5 more TL. Perhaps I should drop some +XP gear in place of more VIT or dmg?

*NOTE* The bonus XP in screenshot is with a 50% booster applied. I forget what my base is, somewhere around 750-800% I believe.
    Last edited by NorseKnight; 01-15-2019, 11:56 AM.

Just ran a test - Summon time on TL90 was around 4 mins. I did successfully kill Kara, with about 2:40 remaining on the trial. To me, that isn't fast enough to be efficient. How can I best improve this? One struggle I have is dying. Even Elite packs if they land a solid hit will pretty much one shot me. Needless to say, Kara is quite lethal at this toughness as well.

Comment

Originally posted by NorseKnight View Post
      Just ran a test - Summon time on TL90 was around 4 mins. I did successfully kill Kara, with about 2:40 remaining on the trial. To me, that isn't fast enough to be efficient. How can I best improve this? One struggle I have is dying. Even Elite packs if they land a solid hit will pretty much one shot me. Needless to say, Kara is quite lethal at this toughness as well.
      Not sure if this is the most efficient way to farm exp but if I am doing exp grind, I do not mind the boss. I kill the mobs then when the boss comes, I abandon. Also I choose the mobs. Don't waste time on elites with healers.
      Mobile Player
      Altheo (M) TL111 ¦ Eijol (DW) TL108

Comment

Have you read the guide?
        VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381 -|- Gethi, mage, & Kisheli, XP mage

Comment

Altheo 42 My primary objective is farming spirits and other higher tier crafting mats, not the XP, the XP is just more of a bonus, kill two birds with one stone kind of deal.

Coda Not sure which guide you are referring to, but I've pretty much read every guide on this forum when I first began playing the game.

I know one big improvement would be a Diedre's Resolve, but I have already had two bad rolls trying to craft one, both were sub-optimal dmg ranges and no sockets.

Comment

https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...o-the-xp-grind

VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381 -|- Gethi, mage, & Kisheli, XP mage

Comment

my mage has CL 1097 and I am managing Kara at 90 in about 4.5 minutes without any XP gear. my damage is like 6% higher or so. it looks like both your mob and boss fighting strategy may be holding you back.

edit: or you got unlucky with the map... try it a few times.
              Last edited by duckel; 01-15-2019, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by duckel View Post
                My mage has CL 1097 and I am managing Kara at 90 in about 4.5 minutes without any XP gear. my damage is like 6% higher or so. it looks like both your mob and boss fighting strategy may be holding you back.
                here is my overview

Comment

Just used the new CL optimizer, which yielded me a 40k "DPS" increase.

Comment

Still just way too squishy to make it efficient. I die too easily with one slight mistake of the tappity tapping of my finger. I just think I really need to get off of mobile

Comment

If dieing too easily is an issue, you either need to change your play style to be more evasive OR you need more vitality so you can survive a slightly larger variety of attacks. There are lesser enchantments that can help with this, or you can socket emeralds to give yourself a boost.

Alternatively, if you want to farm 90 for gear then use your push gear for that and just separate your gear grinding from xp grinding. This approach might also allow you to find better XP gear.
                      CL 2K+
                      Mage- Ladim(#9 Live LB), Proxima(XP)
                      TL119 in 9:14 on mobile (iphone8)

Mage Guide

Comment

lama75 Thank you for your valued feedback. Every socket I have is filled with emeralds haha. I have been trying a new play-style for kiting/killing packs. I've learned a bit from watching some gameplay videos. Do you have any of yours? A lot of the videos out there are on PC, which is obviously a huge difference. I'd like to see your tactics for killing large packs as well as Kara specifically at that high of TL you have done.

Comment

I posted a video awhile ago of my game play on 115. Here's a link to the post :

https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...-mage-gameplay

I'll note that because I'm playing on an iphone8 in that video, I'm able to handle larger pulls without lag impacting the game play. That said, lag was never really an issue with my S8 until trial 110.

That tediousness aside, you can see how much I'm tappity-tap-tap tapping. Gameplay in the video is also pre-1.3. That's basically how I play though, regardless of the phone.

As for kara, I have no answers. I've managed to beat her on trial 110, but it was mainly due to brute force(2.4mil sheet damage). I can summon her in about 4 minutes on 115, but I can't stay alive long enough to beat her. The most help I can offer there is to sidestep her knives (try not to use blink to avoid them) , and use sing to push her minions towards her so the immolates can help cook them. She requires a level of nimbleness my fingers cannot attain.
                          CL 2K+
                          Mage- Ladim(#9 Live LB), Proxima(XP)
                          TL119 in 9:14 on mobile (iphone8)

Mage Guide

Comment

sorry to ask here...Im playin Mage right now..generally if i used apprentice 6/6 wat is the proper distance for mage to be at monsters bosses etc for the immolate proc to function correctly? ...thank you
                            Last edited by TheExorcist; 01-16-2019, 01:39 PM.
                            Warrior - DW Trial 110 -Matrempit -7:57 (PC only -AS 8 & Deadly Throw against Kara work wonders)
                            Mage (Arcanist) Trial 80 -7:22
                            BH (Assault) -Trial 103 -9:37 (PC only)

Comment

Originally posted by TheExorcist View Post
                              sorry to ask here...Im playin Mage right now..generally if i used apprentice 6/6 wat is the proper distance for mage to be at monsters bosses etc for the immolate proc to function correctly? ...thank you
                              Immolate doesnt seem distance dependent just need to get ypur target to be stationary.

Comment

Working...
                              X